IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sport v Shops
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jan 11 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #1

Guests

How come it was safe to open shopping centres at the weekend but not most sports stadiums?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Jan 11 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jan 11 2010, 11:48 AM) *
How come it eas safe to open shopping centres at the weekend but not most sports stadiums?

Indoor or outdoor stadiums ?

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jan 11 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Shop staff on minimum wage -v- 22 overpaid models kicking a bag of wind about.

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jan 11 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jan 11 2010, 11:48 AM) *
How come it eas safe to open shopping centres at the weekend but not most sports stadiums?

Because your unlikely to get c30k people turn up to a shopping centre at the same time and most postponements were due to police requests on behalf of good ol' H & S

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jan 11 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 11 2010, 11:57 AM) *
Shop staff on minimum wage -v- 22 overpaid models kicking a bag of wind about.

Yeah yeah yeah............

So the players decide do they?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jan 11 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

In the case of the Liverpool/ Spurs game Anfield was fit to be played.... but they - Liverpool - were worried about the surrounding area. Why? It never used to be a problem years ago. When I used to be a season ticket holder years ago I went to some games where the weather was a lot worse than it is now.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jan 11 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #7

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Jan 11 2010, 07:18 PM) *
In the case of the Liverpool/ Spurs game Anfield was fit to be played.... but they - Liverpool - were worried about the surrounding area. Why? It never used to be a problem years ago. When I used to be a season ticket holder years ago I went to some games where the weather was a lot worse than it is now.

Well said.

Same with West Ham yesterday, the authorities acted too soon.

+Quote Post
Jeven
post Jan 16 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (GMR @ Jan 11 2010, 07:18 PM) *

Yet if someone died then imagine the outrage in the local rags, "Police fail to assess weather conditions resulting in Jimmy, 14 years old, being crushed to death after slip". It really is a no-win situation for the club, the authorities and of course the fans.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jan 16 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

If we all thought like that we would never do anything.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jan 16 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jeven @ Jan 16 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Yet if someone died then imagine the outrage in the local rags, "Police fail to assess weather conditions resulting in Jimmy, 14 years old, being crushed to death after slip". It really is a no-win situation for the club, the authorities and of course the fans.

I hear what you are saying, but if we thought like that nobody would do anything. shops were open in the freeze.... shouldn't they be closed? What about kids going outdoors.... if their parents let them and they were hurt shouldn't they be prosecuted as well? And the list goes on and on. At the end of the day peoples destiny should be in their own hands (that doesn't mean we shouldn't care and shouldn't put certain safe guards in place... but we don't want to over-egg the pudding).

+Quote Post
Jeven
post Jan 18 2010, 10:10 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 498

QUOTE (GMR @ Jan 16 2010, 02:27 PM) *
I hear what you are saying, but if we thought like that nobody would do anything. shops were open in the freeze.... shouldn't they be closed? What about kids going outdoors.... if their parents let them and they were hurt shouldn't they be prosecuted as well? And the list goes on and on. At the end of the day peoples destiny should be in their own hands (that doesn't mean we shouldn't care and shouldn't put certain safe guards in place... but we don't want to over-egg the pudding).

Sorry for the late reply. And yeah I completely agree, but sadly event organisers feel the need to avoid any possible chance of being labeled as those at fault for an incident these days.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jan 18 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jeven @ Jan 18 2010, 10:10 AM) *
Sorry for the late reply. And yeah I completely agree, but sadly event organisers feel the need to avoid any possible chance of being labeled as those at fault for an incident these days.

That is the present climate; cover your own back first. In some schools they wouldn't allow kids to go out and play in the snow (during playtime) in case they hurt themselves and the school was held responsible.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:10 PM