IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbury Waste site, Tail wagging the dog!
Bloggo
post Dec 21 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

I don't know about you but I find it extremely bizare that the Council, having responded to complaints of noise pollution from local residents regarding the operation at the Newbury dump and found the complaints to be substantiated that the operator, Veolia, who are employed by the Council on our behalf have the nerve to register an appeal against the Council's noise abatement order.
What a waste of public money. Surely there were discussions between the two parties before the abatement order was served.
Why on earth shouldn't Veolia do what the Council as the Local Authority and their employer ask them to do.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 21 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 21 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Why on earth shouldn't Veolia do what the Council as the Local Authority and their employer ask them to do.

On the same note, why should they? If they had this all sorted out before hand then there wouldn't be a problem now. I understand where you are coming from, but knowing what a dog's dinner WBC seem to make of most things there could be any number of reasons why Veolia are fighting it. If you make a contract with someone and they suddenly want to change it, you have to consider all the implications and costs before agreeing.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 23 2009, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 21 2009, 03:10 PM) *
On the same note, why should they? If they had this all sorted out before hand then there wouldn't be a problem now. I understand where you are coming from, but knowing what a dog's dinner WBC seem to make of most things there could be any number of reasons why Veolia are fighting it. If you make a contract with someone and they suddenly want to change it, you have to consider all the implications and costs before agreeing.

Yep, point taken.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:35 PM