Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monsoon On Fire [ well, nearly ]
dannyboy
post Sep 10 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

Just drove past Monsoon in the high street.

Their rubbish , waiting for collection, was well alight. the entrance ''lobby'' full of flames.

Several people on mobiles, but no Fire Brigade. RBFR arrived a few mins later. Police closed Northbrook Street.
Glass cracked, but I don't think the building was damaged.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 11 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Sep 10 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Just drove past Monsoon in the high street.

Their rubbish , waiting for collection, was well alight. the entrance ''lobby'' full of flames.

Several people on mobiles, but no Fire Brigade. RBFR arrived a few mins later. Police closed Northbrook Street.
Glass cracked, but I don't think the building was damaged.

Kids again I'm afraid. Newbury seems to have a problem with firestarters of late. I am sure the police have employed Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Ironside or even Perry Mason to deal with it while they deal with their ever increasing-mounting paper work wink.gif (as that is a red rag to a pit-bull police-dog I am sure Anon, Ozzy or Chesapeake will read me the riotact; oh, well! at least we will get a good debate out of it, no doubt laugh.gif wink.gif )

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 12 2009, 10:55 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 11 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Kids again I'm afraid. Newbury seems to have a problem with firestarters of late. I am sure the police have employed Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Ironside or even Perry Mason to deal with it while they deal with their ever increasing-mounting paper work wink.gif (as that is a red rag to a pit-bull police-dog I am sure Anon, Ozzy or Chesapeake will read me the riotact; oh, well! at least we will get a good debate out of it, no doubt laugh.gif wink.gif )

When you start posts why don't you start with an article that shows that the 'Powers That Be' are doing things to tackle anti-social behaviour such as the link that I have added here from this weeks local newspaper? angry.gif

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=10972

As you see, it takes more than one Police officer to arrest someone. Two to take them down (all following their training) and then other officers to keep back 'onlookers' who would love to stick their boot in (to the police officers)!

The Monsoon fire, I am sure, will be given due attentention and will be thoroughly investigated but you cannot prosecute unless you have solid proof so, let's hope they can get good CCTV footage as above in order to procede to a satisfactory outcome. smile.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

When you start posts why don't you start with an article that shows that the 'Powers That Be' are doing things to tackle anti-social behaviour such as the link that I have added here from this weeks local newspaper?

Because you wouldn’t have responded in the way you just have. wink.gif After all; we are here to debate, not have a love-match contest. tongue.gif

Keep up the good work my friend... you are doing an excellent job.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 12 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 12 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Because you wouldn't have responded in the way you just have. wink.gif After all; we are here to debate, not have a love-match contest. tongue.gif

But, my dear condescending friend, if you started a positive post you would still have a debate as I am sure that there are plenty of people who would want to rip it apart. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 12 2009, 12:06 PM) *
But, my dear condescending friend, if you started a positive post you would still have a debate as I am sure that there are plenty of people who would want to rip it apart. tongue.gif

That is the whole point of debate, I'll give you that, unfortunately that was about as enthusiastic as I could get on this one. Maybe we'll find something else that could get my full attention. Maybe we could start a topic about police brutality (not that I know of any... but ah!... why let that get in the way of a good debate) wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Sep 12 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

GMR i don't see you as a debater but rather someone who trys to drag people into an arguement and wind them up.

Your initial post regarding police response to this is irrelevant. This thred is about the fire at monsoon! All you have done is made a comment trying to provoke a response about the police and lead the "debate" off topic....again!!

If you want to discuss police responses start another thread. Keep this one about the fire.

+Quote Post
user23
post Sep 12 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 12 2009, 12:03 PM) *
Because you wouldn’t have responded in the way you just have. wink.gif After all; we are here to debate, not have a love-match contest. tongue.gif

I suggest people avoid replying to Mr Renshaw if they think he's just winding them up.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Sep 12 2009, 12:17 PM) *
GMR i don't see you as a debater but rather someone who trys to drag people into an arguement and wind them up.

Your initial post regarding police response to this is irrelevant. This thred is about the fire at monsoon! All you have done is made a comment trying to provoke a response about the police and lead the "debate" off topic....again!!

If you want to discuss police responses start another thread. Keep this one about the fire.

Well... the same can be said about you. Where I commented on something you said on another thread you stated you were 'joking,' as i was here (at least I used smilies). You can't have it both ways.

Forums take all sorts - it is not exclusive for one type of person or style - get used to it. I don't moan about your style or ways, as you shouldn't worry about differences on here. Just because you read me one way, doesn't mean your observations are correct (it is obvious by your posts that you are not a Sherlock Holmes). Besides; you do have the privilege of ignoring me. But then that is not what you are about wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Sep 12 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I suggest people avoid replying to Mr Renshaw if they think he's just winding them up.

Talking about Trolls User; you really want people to ignore you or just wishful thinking? laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Just a matter of interest User; I presume you don't think I am am winding you up as you keep answering me. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 12 2009, 01:27 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 12 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Well... the same can be said about you. Where I commented on something you said on another thread you stated you were 'joking,' as i was here (at least I used smilies). You can't have it both ways.

Forums take all sorts - it is not exclusive for one type of person or style - get used to it. I don't moan about your style or ways, as you shouldn't worry about differences on here. Just because you read me one way, doesn't mean your observations are correct (it is obvious by your posts that you are not a Sherlock Holmes). Besides; you do have the privilege of ignoring me. But then that is not what you are about wink.gif

Ok GMR, you keep making derogatory remarks (for the sake of "Good Debating" or not) about various different peoples jobs and how they do them, please tell us exactly what is it that you do for a job? That way we can have a debate about your job role and its good and BAD points! blink.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 12 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

.. but in a new post please. Let's try to keep to the topic: Monsoon fire.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 12 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 12 2009, 02:37 PM) *
.. but in a new post please. Let's try to keep to the topic: Monsoon fire.

Yep, totally agree. What do you suggest it's called, or should we ask GMR to start it? wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 12 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Ok GMR, you keep making derogatory remarks (for the sake of "Good Debating" or not) about various different peoples jobs and how they do them, please tell us exactly what is it that you do for a job? That way we can have a debate about your job role and its good and BAD points! blink.gif

I work from home and your are welcome to. In fact most of my life people have been making derogatory remarks about me and what I do; you've got to live with it. It comes with the territory. If I couldn't take a bit of criticism/ abuse I wouldn't be on here. And by the way; I've been on some very abusive forums. These forums are very tame and on the whole good humoured. There are some good debaters on here.

Actually I don't make 'derogatory remarks' against peoples jobs unless I've had some bad experience dealing with those jobs or its deserved. In fact I don't think anybody makes any 'derogatory remarks' against anybody's job unless they feel its deserved.

You've got to remember Chesapeak that I am a member of the local NAG and work within the community (formerly vice-chairman and now secretary) so my criticisms are directly linked to observing the problems, speaking to the victims and the local police. I also have many friends within WBC/ NTC, councillors, police etc so I also hear there stories/ problems.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 12 2009, 02:49 PM) *
Yep, totally agree. What do you suggest it's called, or should we ask GMR to start it? wink.gif

You are quite capable.... unless you are reallying on me too much wink.gif

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Sep 12 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

GMR smileys or not your comments are cheap digs intended to wind people up (hence the comment about me not being sherlock holmes). This thread was about the fire at monsoon, you commented on it then made a comment about how you thought the police would deal with it. That is completely irrelevant.

When I joined this forum I hadnt read many of the threads however now getting to know a few posters ( you mainly) I can honestly say this is the worst forum I have been on. It seems to have been taken over by you. Perhaps you are a NWN reporting trying to dig dirt or something.
I will be keeping my posting to a minimum from now on if I post at all.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 12 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

GMR smileys or not your comments are cheap digs intended to wind people up (hence the comment about me not being sherlock holmes). This thread was about the fire at monsoon, you commented on it then made a comment about how you thought the police would deal with it. That is completely irrelevant.

So was your humorous reply to me... there are a lot of irrelevant posts on here. I think everybody is guilty of it. You reply has nothing to do with the original thread other than to have a go at me.

When I joined this forum I hadnt read many of the threads however now getting to know a few posters ( you mainly) I can honestly say this is the worst forum I have been on. It seems to have been taken over by you. Perhaps you are a NWN reporting trying to dig dirt or something.

That made me laugh. laugh.gif

There are some really bad forums out there my friend... this forum compared to those is polite, good fun, humorous, well mannered with very good and intelligent debaters.

I will be keeping my posting to a minimum from now on if I post at all.

I doubt it my friend; you are on here because you enjoy it. You’ll be back when I or somebody makes a comment you don't agree with (you are addicted... even if it is only to have a go at me wink.gif ). I am on here because I like debates, Newbury, a good laugh and the intelligent members on here. You are here for similar reasons. I also noticed that you said you have been on other forums; i.e. you are a forum person. You’ll stay on here in one shape or another... evens if that means you change your handle.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 12 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 12 2009, 11:55 AM) *
When you start posts why don't you start with an article that shows that the 'Powers That Be' are doing things to tackle anti-social behaviour such as the link that I have added here from this weeks local newspaper? angry.gif

That's just about the daftest thing I have read on this forum. You are suggesting that no-one starts a topic unless they include a link to a positive news story about "the powers that be". It's ludicrous. I like you though Chesapeake, and I think your posts offer up something most of the time that makes me think a little about my own opinions so I hope you stick around. I agree with GMR though that are far worse forums around.

+Quote Post
Anon2
post Sep 13 2009, 08:11 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 13 2009, 12:28 AM) *
That's just about the daftest thing I have read on this forum. You are suggesting that no-one starts a topic unless they include a link to a positive news story about "the powers that be". It's ludicrous. I like you though Chesapeake, and I think your posts offer up something most of the time that makes me think a little about my own opinions so I hope you stick around. I agree with GMR though that are far worse forums around.

Just interested to know what you thought of the content of the article?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:30 PM