Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Victory for Fare Deal campaign
Richard Garvie
post Dec 7 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,076

As you may / may not be aware, I launched a "fare deal" campaign a few weeks ago to see child return bus fares introduced before 9am on weekdays. Thanks to James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts (Conservative, Purley), this has now been put in place in just a matter of weeks and concession fares will be available from the first of January.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Dec 7 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #2

Guests

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj6o21OI...hkzy9o1_500.gif

(some may find that offensive, not my fault if you do)

I think child bus fares return is a good idea. Although walking would be better. Why not provide an escalator on the path to school and have the children do this?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Dec 7 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

As you may / may not be aware, a "fare deal" campaign was launched a few weeks ago to see child return bus fares introduced before 9am on weekdays. Thanks to James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts (Conservative, Purley), this has now been put in place in just a matter of weeks and concession fares will be available from the first of January.

Is what you should have said.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 7 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Dec 7 2011, 12:11 PM) *
As you may / may not be aware, a "fare deal" campaign was launched a few weeks ago to see child return bus fares introduced before 9am on weekdays. Thanks to James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts (Conservative, Purley), this has now been put in place in just a matter of weeks and concession fares will be available from the first of January.

It depends if you want to take credit for it or not.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Dec 7 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 7 2011, 12:13 PM) *
It depends if you want to take credit for it or not.

Or wish to appear like every other local politicio or not.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 7 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Dec 7 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Or wish to appear like every other local politicio or not.

What I said! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Dec 7 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

You don't seriously think that if it had been left to the Tory and the Bus company on their own this would have gone through do you? Betts was doing nothing until Garvie turned up and the Bus Company certainly wasn't.
So whether he had help or not doesn't matter. , it still took an outsider, in the guise of Mr Garvie, to motivate them into actually doing something. Credit where credit's due. Before Garvie turned up there was chuff-all, now, as they're all looking over their shoulders, a degree of panic can be felt in the air, and our elected councillors might just have to start doing things to try and keep their positions and expenses.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 7 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Dec 7 2011, 04:46 PM) *
You don't seriously think that if it had been left to the Tory and the Bus company on their own this would have gone through do you? Betts was doing nothing until Garvie turned up and the Bus Company certainly wasn't.
So whether he had help or not doesn't matter. , it still took an outsider, in the guise of Mr Garvie, to motivate them into actually doing something. Credit where credit's due. Before Garvie turned up there was chuff-all, now, as they're all looking over their shoulders, a degree of panic can be felt in the air, and our elected councillors might just have to start doing things to try and keep their positions and expenses.

Bang on Squelchy!!! I fully agree.
And well done Richard.....( Is what you should have said Mr Capp!!!)

It really is such a shame that some on here can't see the good in people as a first, rather than just try to knock them.

XJay, yes good point re walking. Perhaps if the school sports sessions included running to and from school!.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 7 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Dec 7 2011, 12:11 PM) *

What makes you think Richard taking credit for someone else's work?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 7 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 7 2011, 05:11 PM) *
What makes you think Richard taking credit for someone else's work?

Just to balance yours and dannyboy's predictably spiteful post, he gave credit for others in producing this.

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 7 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 7 2011, 05:29 PM) *
Just to balance yours and dannyboy's predictably spiteful post, he gave credit for others in producing this.
Spiteful?

I see nothing spiteful in my question to dannyboy. Explain yourself.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 7 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 7 2011, 05:36 PM) *
Spiteful?

I see nothing spiteful in my question to dannyboy. Explain yourself.

At best it was clearly a loaded question, but was in keeping with your 'unofficial campaign' to smear Richard Garvie. Please don't treat me like a mug.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Dec 7 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Dec 7 2011, 09:42 AM) *
As you may / may not be aware, I launched a "fare deal" campaign a few weeks ago to see child return bus fares introduced before 9am on weekdays. Thanks to James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts (Conservative, Purley), this has now been put in place in just a matter of weeks and concession fares will be available from the first of January.

Yes, well done Richard, and thank you too James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts. Anything that gets kids onto public transport isn't just a service to the kids, but everyone benefits with a reduction in the school-run. The result of a creditable piece of partnership working, very much appreciated.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 7 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

I agree, credit must go to James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts (Conservative, Purley) for putting this through.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Dec 7 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

The most worrying thing is that the council and bus companies originally tried to kill the campaign by claiming it wasn't true about not being able to purchase child returns before 9am. That's why most media outlets didn't cover the campaign.

People have been complaining about this for years, so for James and David to finally get it sorted is a great deal for everyone, especially families with low income.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 7 2011, 07:23 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 7 2011, 06:13 PM) *
I agree, credit must go to James Freeman (Reading Buses) and David Betts (Conservative, Purley) for putting this through.

And Richard Garvie, is what you should have said.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 7 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 7 2011, 05:52 PM) *
At best it was clearly a loaded question, but was in keeping with your 'unofficial campaign' to smear Richard Garvie. Please don't treat me like a mug.
How rude.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 7 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 7 2011, 08:13 PM) *
How rude.

Would you please explain how my last post was rude? As for rude, you never said please when you asked me to explain myself. And now I have.

The evidence is clear that you take every opportunity to undermine Richard Garvie on this forum. For you to try and pretend that you were asking an innocent question is, if anything, insulting my intelligence. I must therefore ask, who is the one being rude?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 7 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Dec 7 2011, 06:38 PM) *
The most worrying thing is that the council and bus companies originally tried to kill the campaign by claiming it wasn't true about not being able to purchase child returns before 9am. That's why most media outlets didn't cover the campaign.

People have been complaining about this for years, so for James and David to finally get it sorted is a great deal for everyone, especially families with low income.

Very well done for sparking this off. Has been an issue for ages; particularly for people with more than one child trying to get to school. One of the girls who works for me is so pleased, she said she'd vote for you even if you changed parties! Yes, there have been complaints 'through the official channels' in the past, without success and the response was twice a modern version of 'Let them eat cake'; 'Why can't they walk'

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Dec 8 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 7 2011, 05:29 PM) *

Nothing spiteful in what I said at all RG would have IMHO done himself more of a favour by not mentioning himself.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:58 PM