> Cannabis use, Crime has risen!
Roger T
post May 4 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,712

QUOTE (massifheed @ May 4 2012, 04:13 PM) *
See Jaycakes, I mean, "Roger T", this is where you need to work on your character a bit better. You've said in a previous post that you are 40 (even though your profile has you at 41), yet your posting style is that of someone much older. And the whole "nephew" thing is a stretch to believe, given that you refer to him more as one would a grandchild, and in pretty much every post too.

I resent the implication. I was 40, at the time of posting. Officially born late in the day, I try to fool myself into being as young as possible. Come Tuesday I was 41. (Unfortunate but true). I am quite geriatric for my age, I suppose a lack of excitement as a teenager. No wild parties really. Just quite nights in.
I can't see what you're trying to say, I am an former member? Not at all.

My Nephew reminds me of the youth of today, energetic and exciting. In my age, I've not so much energy, and bones are more fraile, etc. Sort of like at the dog races, they send the Rabbit around, well I would be the elderly dog and him the fluffy eared creature.
I guess in your family things are different.

Since his birth I've been close to the Nephew, it started as baby sitting. As not having children ourselfs, Mrs T and I enjoy the time we have with him. Outside of his Mother, him, Mrs T and myself, the family isn't very close. The Father divorced a few years ago. Not on bad terms but we contact faded. Unfortunate but we cannot help. Although a flurry of Christmas cards each year.

Happy birthday for the other day, by the way!

wink.gif

Thanks, am not looking forward to the next one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motormad
post May 4 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

QUOTE (massifheed @ May 4 2012, 04:13 PM) *
See Jaycakes, I mean, "Roger T", this is where you need to work on your character a bit better. You've said in a previous post that you are 40 (even though your profile has you at 41), yet your posting style is that of someone much older. And the whole "nephew" thing is a stretch to believe, given that you refer to him more as one would a grandchild, and in pretty much every post too.

Also, I'm sure Nothing Much is very flattered that you are trying to be just like him, but it's not very original.

Why not just tone down the stuff that got you kicked off in the first place and then carry on as you were?

Happy birthday for the other day, by the way!

wink.gif

Hi.
This is Jaycakes on his friends account. (he doesn't know that I know his password, benefits of being into computers so please don't ban him or anything).

I'm not Roger T..sorry. Massifheed as normal being one of those "thinks they know it all" types. As interesting as you (sometimes) are, don't try playing private investigator.

I may sign up again soon. I enjoy posting.

The reason for my ban wasn't for what I said RE the Ford drowning per se, it was when I was "arguing" shall we say with Andy1978uk or whatever about how is Golf is somehow much better than my Golf. (it's not, it just has a GTI badge on the back, big woop). His 0-60 time of 7.2 may be better than mine of 7.8 but then he does 35mpg tops and I do 60mpg. Swings and roundabouts.

Then again bragging about your car when you pay people to clean it is quite rich. I never pay for detailing, I do mine myself, 2-3 times a week. But in a month I will openly challenge him to a race, when I have my hybrid turbo fitted.
Perhaps if we got Simon along, and a few other members, as witnesses to the event. We could have a sort of forum-meeting, that would be nice. I could even arrange a BBQ.
Simon is a good guy actually and I still follow up about his shed-goings on and talk to him from time to time.

If you are the kind of person to think having a car higher up in the model range makes you a better person, then fine. I don't. Infact the car you own doesn't account for anything.

For once I didn't instigate the argument or mention my car, that was all his doing. He was very angered by my comments about the flood victim. He brought up my comments in a completely unrelated thread (which has since been deleted).

I was warned by the Admin about it the previous day. That was fair and I apologised. I stand by what I said but realise that perhaps I worded it in the wrong way. But not going into that now.

Anyway back to the discussion with Andy and myself (for which I was banned) - I simply mentioned my comment (after he had brought it up) in defending my statement, as you would in a debate situation. Admin felt that was reason for a ban, And that was why I was banned.
Officially from the Admin:

Because despite warning you only hours earlier, you again repeated your unacceptable comments from the day before - even if they were in response to another forum users comments. You didn't have to respond to him. I tried to PM you to explain the reasons, but the account had already been wiped.

Well sorry, I did have to respond to them. I'm not going to have some geeza gob off to/about me without defending myself on the internet.

After threats of physical violence from Andy, I (presume) he either got a warning or no action against him.
I am young and foolish but at the same time I have actually a wise head on my shoulders. Much wiser than anyone really gave me credit for. The ageism towards me was blatent and clear (and I'm not the only person who noticed it) - the best anyone could come back to me and say was "oh shut up you're young" yeah...age has nothing to do with it.

Anyway I still read and won't get into a big argument or respond to anyone
I just wanted to give my side of the story (and to say hi Roger, you remind me of CE(Nothing Much)

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 4 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

My goodness massifheed, that was a telling off.

My story of the pub in Speen. As I have nothing better to do here it is.
Not really that interesting but dates from 1960/70s

An ex army type worked with older brother . At a sort of conference type get together
he took a bottle to said bruv. He has hand scars. No one knew why things went odd.

He ended up as the landlord of the Greyhound. I used to work at Bagnor Watermill,
Now "The West Berks Playhouse" So I knew the area.

Things didn't work out and he ended up thumbing a lift.
A truck mirror took his arm off.
Life is a *****.
ce.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 4 2012, 05:15 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ May 4 2012, 06:09 PM) *
My goodness massifheed, that was a telling off.

My story of the pub in Speen. As I have nothing better to do here it is.
Not really that interesting but dates from 1960/70s

An ex army type worked with older brother . At a sort of conference type get together
he took a bottle to said bruv. He has hand scars. No one knew why things went odd.

He ended up as the landlord of the Greyhound. I used to work at Bagnor Watermill,
Now "The West Berks Playhouse" So I knew the area.

Things didn't work out and he ended up thumbing a lift.
A truck mirror took his arm off.
Life is a *****.
ce.

What are you smoking at present NM? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 4 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Crikey , I have just been censored for life is a "female cat"
it seems or something similar.
Enjoyed your pals Motormad comment.
I think we are all still friends,
ce.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 4 2012, 05:24 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Thanks Biker 1 for your concern
I never could do it, but Rioja does get me typing.
ce

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 4 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (motormad @ May 4 2012, 05:35 PM) *
... I am young and foolish but at the same time I have actually a wise head on my shoulders. Much wiser than anyone really gave me credit for. The ageism towards me was blatent and clear (and I'm not the only person who noticed it) - the best anyone could come back to me and say was "oh shut up you're young" yeah...age has nothing to do with it ...

Not ageism.

It wasn't ageism because your age wasn't, or isn't, the issue; it is simply you have an immature outlook and attitude. Some people who are relatively old can have this too. Someone like me for instance.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 4 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

The only ageism I ever saw was from Jaycakes himself. Every time someone had a different opinion he would classify them as probably too old have an opinion. A very immature attitude indeed, but more a forum persona than a real life one I think.

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 5 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Well. That was not related to my thread.
Anyway, I wonder what a councillor or high ranking member in our town would think. Although they may or may not be wise. Who's really to tell, people are fickle.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 5 2012, 11:03 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 5 2012, 12:01 PM) *
Anyway, I wonder what a councillor or high ranking member in our town would think. Although they may or may not be wise. Who's really to tell, people are fickle.

Wisdom is easily judged by results or outcomes.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post May 5 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 5 2012, 12:03 PM) *

Is that always wisdom? What about luck? What about chance?

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post May 5 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 5 2012, 12:03 PM) *

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 5 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ May 5 2012, 01:49 PM) *

How many wise moves have been failures?

BTW - Would you soddin' stop soddin' double soddin' posting! What's soddin' up with you! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post May 5 2012, 01:39 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 5 2012, 01:54 PM) *
How many wise moves have been failures?

BTW - Would you soddin' stop soddin' double soddin' posting! What's soddin' up with you! tongue.gif

If it's nice, do it twice.......

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 5 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #75

Advanced Member

BCBG. (it is out there).

I enjoyed the sobbin' gag. Sometimes a finger hits a button too often.
ce.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post May 5 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ May 5 2012, 02:39 PM) *
If it's nice, do it twice.......

Whats the old spin doctors motto? Say it often enough and it becomes true? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 7 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

I was out today at a show over in Reading. My Nephew wanted to go, so I took him. Mrs T stayed at home, she was still sore footed from the Zoo yesterday (and missing a leg, those lions were hungry).

This particular show had a police car and patrols around. A collection of people, young and old. Although I may be in my middle-years, I am not so geriatric I don't know what cannabis smells like, and I definitely was getting a big whiff. At least it wasn't a fart, one should be thankful really.
The police didn't pay any attention. It smelt really strong like when you open a new magic tree in your car.
It was a friends, I noticed it immediately. The magic tree, not the cannabis.

Still, daft to do I think. Not the most pleasant of smell.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post May 7 2012, 07:15 AM
Post #78

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 7 2012, 01:54 AM) *
I was out today at a show over in Reading. My Nephew wanted to go, so I took him. Mrs T stayed at home, she was still sore footed from the Zoo yesterday (and missing a leg, those lions were hungry).

This particular show had a police car and patrols around. A collection of people, young and old. Although I may be in my middle-years, I am not so geriatric I don't know what cannabis smells like, and I definitely was getting a big whiff. At least it wasn't a fart, one should be thankful really.
The police didn't pay any attention. It smelt really strong like when you open a new magic tree in your car.
It was a friends, I noticed it immediately. The magic tree, not the cannabis.

Still, daft to do I think. Not the most pleasant of smell.

Riiight....

Yesterday (assuming the show did not start after midnight) you went to a show in Reading. You smelt an odour in the waiting crowd outside which you thought could be cannabis. Police Officers nearby did nothing?

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post May 7 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ May 7 2012, 08:15 AM) *
Riiight....

Yesterday (assuming the show did not start after midnight) you went to a show in Reading. You smelt an odour in the waiting crowd outside which you thought could be cannabis. Police Officers nearby did nothing?

No! They are not allowed to smoke whilst on duty! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 7 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ May 7 2012, 08:15 AM) *
Riiight....

It is truth of the highest order. I am not one to lie. Ramble, probably
But yes in effect that's correct. It started a long time before midnight! I'd normally be having my last coffee of the day long before then, would be asleep by the start of the new day. Correct on the police officers, I saw no action being taken. Although one can not see everything.
It's more haunted around midnight, so I'm told by mediums. I think they're mediumly mental.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 07:26 AM