Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 17 2018, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

I'm not prepared to give rebel media any sort of "views", or listen to anything that vile woman Katie Hopkins has to say. I'm still annoyed that those people who had the opportunity to help when she had that fit stepped in.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 18 2018, 05:10 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

What despicable people you and her are OP. Hate filled extremists.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 18 2018, 07:59 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

I stand by the statement.

You two virtual signalling fools are shooting the messenger.

She says at it is.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 18 2018, 08:00 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2018, 06:10 AM) *
What despicable people you and her are OP. Hate filled extremists.

A bit over the top old boy. We have opinions, so get used to it. And try debating, not school grounds BS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 18 2018, 08:29 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Tragedy is that Grenfell can happen in modern Britain and in such a wealthy constituency. Trying to spin this as sycophantic overture to followers of Islam is below the belt. Notwithstanding: food for those who might lack critical thinking.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 18 2018, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Whether one agrees with Katie Hopkins' stance or not it is irrelevant, what is important is that here is an individual who is not afraid to stand up and express her opinions with refreshing erudition. The one alarming question that has not been addressed over Grenfell is the total number of casualties. Surely the council knew how many tenants they had and any visitors would have been flagged up by now?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 18 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I think it is relevant what Katie Hopkins has said as she often only says what she says to further her own agenda which is often one of intolerance and predjudice. I don’t think it is relevant whether the victims were Muslim or not, the issue is that it should never have happened. The council and government should have better control of the applicable building specs; that to me is the tragedy.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 18 2018, 03:40 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

There are a large number of critical questions that ought to be addressed in the light of this disaster. Building controls being just one. Material approval, landlord responsibilities, emergency service processes, evacuation procedures, etc, etc,etc. Plus the matters relating to occupancy, sub letting and so forth. And that's without looking at the rationale and approvals for doing the 'improvements' in the first place.

Sweeping any of these issues under the carpet would be wrong, and the fear of that being done, is probably the reason for the disquiet about the 'official enquiry'. Such things have a long history of being used as official whitewash.

So, I'd argue that whilst Katie Hopkins might hold views I vehemently disagree with, it's absolutely right that she gives voice to them, particularly as they are shared by a large number of people.

None of the issues must be lost and all should be thoroughly investigated. If not, we will have another Hillsborough.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 18 2018, 04:59 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 18 2018, 04:40 PM) *
There are a large number of critical questions that ought to be addressed in the light of this disaster. Building controls being just one. Material approval, landlord responsibilities, emergency service processes, evacuation procedures, etc, etc,etc. Plus the matters relating to occupancy, sub letting and so forth. And that's without looking at the rationale and approvals for doing the 'improvements' in the first place.

Sweeping any of these issues under the carpet would be wrong, and the fear of that being done, is probably the reason for the disquiet about the 'official enquiry'. Such things have a long history of being used as official whitewash.

So, I'd argue that whilst Katie Hopkins might hold views I vehemently disagree with, it's absolutely right that she gives voice to them, particularly as they are shared by a large number of people.

None of the issues must be lost and all should be thoroughly investigated. If not, we will have another Hillsborough.

I didn’t get past her opening statement around the number of immigrants in there being unknown. Did she make any points that would be helpful?

I worry about someone who spends so much time on the internet watching extremists.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 18 2018, 05:01 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 18 2018, 09:00 AM) *
A bit over the top old boy. We have opinions, so get used to it. And try debating, not school grounds BS.

Debating on the Internet is pointless. The more you “debate” the more entrenched and nasty people become. Especially extremists who support violence against the police.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 18 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 18 2018, 04:40 PM) *

And not to mention the OP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 18 2018, 07:58 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2018, 06:01 PM) *
Debating on the Internet is pointless. The more you “debate” the more entrenched and nasty people become. Especially extremists who support violence against the police.

Debating on the Internet is pointless.

Proven, by your good self.

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 18 2018, 08:03 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 18 2018, 05:59 PM) *
I didn’t get past her opening statement around the number of immigrants in there being unknown. Did she make any points that would be helpful?

I worry about someone who spends so much time on the internet watching extremists.

I can accept that, but it was a strong view right from the start. So, if we took the immigrant out if the equation a real issue can be seen. That is, overcrowding. This is particularly rife in the lower end of the rental market where landlords, in the main small landlords, seek to maximise income from inappropriate property. For instance (something I've been fighting) many university towns have poor quality but high cost student accommodation - generally comprising of small family homes, cheaply divided, poorly furnished and serviced. Often operated by small buy to let landlords.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 18 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 18 2018, 12:13 PM) *
I think it is relevant what Katie Hopkins has said as she often only says what she says to further her own agenda which is often one of intolerance and predjudice. I don’t think it is relevant whether the victims were Muslim or not, the issue is that it should never have happened. The council and government should have better control of the applicable building specs; that to me is the tragedy.

You don't get or keep a job as a journalist if you don't follow your employers line/agenda. What exactly is wrong with an agenda anyway? Nothing, just nothing. A party manifesto is an agenda, yet that goes by the wayside and generates grievances. So what is it then? Make your mind up.

BTW, I like her "Agenda|"

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 18 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 18 2018, 08:53 PM) *
And not to mention the OP.

If we take the elephant in the room; immigration, for most average people, if they really think about it, it's not an issue. Overcrowding is, but that is really a separate issue. From my experience, so long as they can access acceptable health care, can secure and maintain a reasonable home, secure and keep a reasonable job with the prospect of a suitable pension on retirement and are able to send their kids to a school which is able to give them an appropriate start in life commensurate with their abilities, they don't really care who lives next door - always providing they don't do anything to disturb the peace. Not much to ask but that's it.

Unfortunately, when any of the above are missing, the easiest culprit are incomers. We've e en seen it here in Newbury, local homes for local people; which for some, included people from Reading or Basingstoke!

So, in simple terms, all politicians need to deliver, which is that list. Give it to any party and they'll tell you that's what they are doing. However, they really aren't - hence the 'immigration issue'.

Arguably, upholding British issues ought to encourage immigrants as good for economic growth. That's what we did after all. Look at Australia and New Zealand for instance, it was British immigrants who built those economies. Admittedly, the indigenous populations weren't over happy....

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 18 2018, 09:14 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 18 2018, 09:06 PM) *
You don't get or keep a job as a journalist if you don't follow your employers line/agenda. What exactly is wrong with an agenda anyway? Nothing, just nothing. A party manifesto is an agenda, yet that goes by the wayside and generates grievances. So what is it then? Make your mind up.

BTW, I like her "Agenda|"

Her agenda is to incite distrust and disharmony; doing so using distorted facts or innuendo.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 19 2018, 12:09 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 18 2018, 09:27 PM) *
If we take the elephant in the room; immigration, for most average people, if they really think about it, it's not an issue. Overcrowding is, but that is really a separate issue. From my experience, so long as they can access acceptable health care, can secure and maintain a reasonable home, secure and keep a reasonable job with the prospect of a suitable pension on retirement and are able to send their kids to a school which is able to give them an appropriate start in life commensurate with their abilities, they don't really care who lives next door - always providing they don't do anything to disturb the peace. Not much to ask but that's it.

Unfortunately, when any of the above are missing, the easiest culprit are incomers. We've e en seen it here in Newbury, local homes for local people; which for some, included people from Reading or Basingstoke!

So, in simple terms, all politicians need to deliver, which is that list. Give it to any party and they'll tell you that's what they are doing. However, they really aren't - hence the 'immigration issue'.

Arguably, upholding British issues ought to encourage immigrants as good for economic growth. That's what we did after all. Look at Australia and New Zealand for instance, it was British immigrants who built those economies. Admittedly, the indigenous populations weren't over happy....

Are you for real? How on earth can you say "If we take the elephant in the room; immigration, for most average people, if they really think about it, it's not an issue. Overcrowding is, but that is really a separate issue. " How the F can you say immigration has no part in overcrowding? Separate issue? You ARE so MAD! How the **** (Pre stifled) is overcrowding not to do with immigration? I would also add, you missed the, as usual, other elephant.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 19 2018, 12:23 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 18 2018, 10:14 PM) *
Her agenda is to incite distrust and disharmony; doing so using distorted facts or innuendo.

NO, Utter BS.

You have no evidence of that crap whatsoever AC. You use the term "Agenda", to others, it is an opinion. Try to disguise it all you will, I will NEVER bow to BS. Just look how the media in France have changed "Allahu akbar!" to "God is great!" for the sake of multicultyquagmire. It was a sodding islamic follower again, who went awol with a religion of peace.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 19 2018, 12:33 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 17 2018, 11:28 PM) *
I'm not prepared to give rebel media any sort of "views", or listen to anything that vile woman Katie Hopkins has to say. I'm still annoyed that those people who had the opportunity to help when she had that fit stepped in.

So rather than debate, you do the leftie shutdown stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSn10bRZb4

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:06 PM