+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 1 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #362

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 1 2020, 10:38 AM) *

Call me a cynic if you wish, but firstly I want to see it it disappear from across ALL SE Asia, and secondly stopping this practice owing to it's adverse effect on humans doesn't remove the appalling cruelty that people are quite happy to inflict on their fellow lifeforms.
Bit like trying to eradicate racism with a piece of official notepaper.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 1 2020, 12:13 PM
Post #363

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ May 1 2020, 11:29 AM) *
Call me a cynic if you wish, but firstly I want to see it it disappear from across ALL SE Asia, and secondly stopping this practice owing to it's adverse effect on humans doesn't remove the appalling cruelty that people are quite happy to inflict on their fellow lifeforms.
Bit like trying to eradicate racism with a piece of official notepaper.

Quite agree. We need a world agency that has unfettered access to all countries (including ours) to check on animal husbandry. Breach the rules and trade and travel stop. Whether it came from a wet market or indeed from a lab where they were studying the virus found at a wet market it needs to stop. Next time mortality might be 100% rather than 2.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cn...intl/index.html

If this got loose today and with the globalised world we would be done.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 1 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #364

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

It's ok, according to labour the Jews financed the slave trade. Couldn't make it up if I wanted to. 😆

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 1 2020, 05:15 PM
Post #365

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 1 2020, 04:40 PM) *
It's ok, according to labour the Jews financed the slave trade. Couldn't make it up if I wanted to. 😆

Go on give it a try laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm sure you have a better imagination than the collective intellect of the labour party. Certainly you are aware of being in the presence of idiots.

--------------------

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 2 2020, 05:30 AM
Post #366

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ May 1 2020, 08:58 AM) *
Why just bats?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/01...us-start-china/

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 2 2020, 08:22 AM
Post #367

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 2 2020, 06:30 AM) *

"The animal source of Covid-19 has not yet been identified, but the original host is thought to be bats. Bats were not sold at the Wuhan market but may have infected live chickens or other animals sold there."

Well there you have it. As continuously stated a zoonotic virus is quite happy with any warm blooded host but only specific species, (in this case humans), show adverse effects. It is the barbaric live markets that harbinger the virus and even that can be traced back to the "harvesting" of the product.
Only when the world wakes up to the realisation that we are not immortal as a species will these threats diminish. Bit ironic that we have advanced technically to a position where these outbreaks should be a thing of history yet here we are dying like flies because we haven't actually learnt a bloody thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post May 2 2020, 03:07 PM
Post #368

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

The BBCs News Site has a snide article about the Government meeting the test target. Damming with feint praise by doubting the numbers, suggesting the target was simply a diversion and wearily pushing out the usual bilge about being too late. Is it really the role of the State broadcaster to continually promote dispare and dispondency in the middle of a major crisis ?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 2 2020, 03:42 PM
Post #369

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ May 2 2020, 04:07 PM) *
The BBCs News Site has a snide article about the Government meeting the test target. Damming with feint praise by doubting the numbers, suggesting the target was simply a diversion and wearily pushing out the usual bilge about being too late. Is it really the role of the State broadcaster to continually promote dispare and dispondency in the middle of a major crisis ?

I noticed that and concluded that they were happier with targets not being met as it gave them some ammunition,(albeit of the peashooter grade), to fill their airspace than grudgingly reporting on the target being met. I see no reason to doubt the figure as they have been pretty transparent even though sometimes they have been embarrassing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post May 2 2020, 04:59 PM
Post #370

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ May 2 2020, 04:07 PM) *

I was staggered.

Fancy not pointing out that Hancock was lying. They counted 50,000 tests they’d posted out as done tests. It’s like me claiming to have slept with 500 women because that’s hot many I asked.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 2 2020, 05:04 PM
Post #371

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 2 2020, 05:59 PM) *
I was staggered.

Fancy not pointing out that Hancock was lying. They counted 50,000 tests they’d posted out as done tests. It’s like me claiming to have slept with 500 women because that’s hot many I asked.

Just to inject a little levity into the discussion. Always puzzles me that these so called "super studs" who boast they have slept with x thousand women, at what point do they start counting?

Bet they are feeling a little lonely at the moment. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 2 2020, 05:06 PM
Post #372

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 2 2020, 05:59 PM) *
I was staggered.

🤣 Sex pest! In the business world (especially around complicated IT projects) you set targets that are nigh on impossible to achieve. That way people focus on the target and get a **** site closer than they otherwise would have. They then often achieve the target a few days or weeks after and in a lot shorter period than if you had left the target open ended. But then I guess you have never done anything of note or indeed complicated so it makes sense you don't understand...👍

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 2 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #373

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

If you don't set a target high enough the newres's of this world bleat about "they're not taking it seriously, other countries are doing more, government is a joke, Jeremy would have done more", yet if they set a target and don't quite make it the " wah, wah, wah, figures are fudged, bleat bleat."

+Quote Post
newres
post May 3 2020, 09:47 AM
Post #374

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 2 2020, 06:06 PM) *
🤣 Sex pest! In the business world (especially around complicated IT projects) you set targets that are nigh on impossible to achieve. That way people focus on the target and get a **** site closer than they otherwise would have. They then often achieve the target a few days or weeks after and in a lot shorter period than if you had left the target open ended. But then I guess you have never done anything of note or indeed complicated so it makes sense you don't understand...👍

That’s fine. I accept that. I had quite a successful career in IT sales and that’s right. What you don’t do though at the end of a year is include deals not signed in your sales figures. If you did, side from being a ********, you could well end up in court.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 3 2020, 09:49 AM
Post #375

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 2 2020, 08:08 PM) *
If you don't set a target high enough the newres's of this world bleat about "they're not taking it seriously, other countries are doing more, government is a joke, Jeremy would have done more", yet if they set a target and don't quite make it the " wah, wah, wah, figures are fudged, bleat bleat."

What they achieved was fantastic. Such an increase was a real success. But why lie? More than ever we need honesty and I really can’t understand anybody being so tribal that at a time of crisis you would applaud dishonesty. It’s frankly thick.

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post May 3 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #376

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (newres @ May 3 2020, 10:49 AM) *
What they achieved was fantastic. Such an increase was a real success. But why lie? More than ever we need honesty and I really can’t understand anybody being so tribal that at a time of crisis you would applaud dishonesty. It’s frankly thick.

You've lost me, number of transactions the exceeded target, where is the lie?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 3 2020, 12:32 PM
Post #377

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ May 3 2020, 01:10 PM) *
You've lost me, number of transactions the exceeded target, where is the lie?

Newres believes the government is evil, has blood on its hands, and is deliberately trying to kill the older generation who ironically actually voted for them. He also thinks the EU is some sort of demigod and is the answer to everything in life. He is a minority and will continue to be so as most people recognise that the government, although not perfect, have at least done what they could.

I doubt he had even heard of coronavirus back in January when silly sods like me were flagging it up.🙄

+Quote Post
newres
post May 3 2020, 01:33 PM
Post #378

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 3 2020, 01:32 PM) *
Newres believes the government is evil, has blood on its hands, and is deliberately trying to kill the older generation who ironically actually voted for them. He also thinks the EU is some sort of demigod and is the answer to everything in life. He is a minority and will continue to be so as most people recognise that the government, although not perfect, have at least done what they could.

I doubt he had even heard of coronavirus back in January when silly sods like me were flagging it up.🙄

Rather than loads of tripe, why not defend your point or just accept that you were wrong? Setting a tough target is a good thing, but pretending you’ve achieved it when you haven’t is dishonest. Are we agreed?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 3 2020, 01:41 PM
Post #379

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 3 2020, 02:33 PM) *
Rather than loads of tripe, why not defend your point or just accept that you were wrong? Setting a tough target is a good thing, but pretending you’ve achieved it when you haven’t is dishonest. Are we agreed?

I don't care if they met a target. It's more to do with the benefit to the populous that setting such a target has had..but you dont see it as you are blinded by your hatred.👍

+Quote Post
newres
post May 3 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #380

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 3 2020, 02:41 PM) *
I don't care if they met a target. It's more to do with the benefit to the populous that setting such a target has had..but you dont see it as you are blinded by your hatred.👍

Again, you’re wrong. Matt Hancock’s ok and what he achieved in testing was great. I don’t care if he met the target either. The improvement was massive and stood on its own. So why lie? That’s the bit I don’t understand. Lying is usually a bad thing. Can we agree on that?

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:59 PM