Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (JeffG @ Oct 25 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Hopefully, to conclude this off-topic discussion:

If you really meant that, you would have done as I have here. wink.gif

QUOTE (JeffG @ Oct 25 2009, 09:27 AM) *
No - I used the one I meant to use. A troll is someone who posts something just for the sake of winding someone else up, not to add to the discussion, therefore by calling him a troll, you were saying he shouldn't have posted in the first place (= censorship). That's what I understood you to mean wink.gif

Now let me see...

Troll - the meaning of an Internet troll is broader than your definition. The one meaning that is in agreement is that they post using language or subject matter with the intent to wind people up. I like Wikipedia's definition:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Censor (verb) - To make deletions or changes (as in text - often by a censor).

Censure (verb) - To criticize harshly; reprove.

Now, it is true I criticised harshly the posters text and I standby my belief that he acted as a troll (I also used a wink icon), but I fail to see how you can justifiably say that I tried to censor him (that is impossible without admin access to the site). He is entitled to his opinion, but I am also entitled to mine and I believe he used flippant or offensive language to get his point across.

I fail to see how you can justify that I suggested that he shouldn't have posted his opinion. So although I used the wrong spelling, I assumed the correct word. You, however, suggested something that is impossible for me to do (edit his posts).

How's this for a pointless thread folks? tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 AM