> Kitchen Caddies
Biker1
post Nov 15 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 15 2012, 08:16 PM) *
(I've had a defunct low energy lamp lying around for ages waiting for my next trip to the tip.)

I wonder how many folks are as conscientious as yourself and religiously take their old CFL's to the recycling centre.
I bet most just chuck them in the black bin as many would an old toaster.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 15 2012, 07:31 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 15 2012, 07:16 PM) *
(I've had a defunct low energy lamp lying around for ages waiting for my next trip to the tip.)

Take it to Sainsburys; they have a bin for them in their recycling area.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Nov 15 2012, 10:04 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 15 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Take it to Sainsburys; they have a bin for them in their recycling area.

Ah thanks - I tend to whizz past that layby. I do know about the batteries in store.

Incidentally, I have used low energy bulbs for years and this was the only one that I have had fail to date. Having said that, I am expecting the house to be plunged into total darkness any moment now...

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 15 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #144

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (JeffG @ Nov 15 2012, 10:04 PM) *
Ah thanks - I tend to whizz past that layby. I do know about the batteries in store.

Incidentally, I have used low energy bulbs for years and this was the only one that I have had fail to date. Having said that, I am expecting the house to be plunged into total darkness any moment now...

Actually, as they were introduced to us all in a relatively short time scale, suspect we all face same problem. Could this be a fiendish Chinese trick to unbalance the national grid?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 15 2012, 11:01 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Nov 15 2012, 04:56 PM) *
I suppose I could request the two Veolia lads, I last spoke to, to ask if they would repeat it and record it on the camcorder for you but not sure if they would be prepared to repeat it on camera? Especially when they know how vindictive our local councils can be. But of course even that would not be good enough for our council stalwart Dannyboy would it? Even then you would probably dismiss it as being edited or spliced together. rolleyes.gif

Go on let your guard down and be a doubting Thomas for once!

Ah, the old 'I spoke to these blokes' ploy.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Nov 16 2012, 05:40 PM
Post #146

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 15 2012, 11:01 PM) *
Ah, the old 'I spoke to these blokes' ploy.

Yes my bad I must remember to carry a digital recorder or camcorder with me wherever I go so that I can record every conversation that I make just to prove to our main Council stalwart there are actually people who are critics of his beloved council. Still perhaps not as he will only say it has been edited or tampered with. He just will not believe there are council critics out there? Yes they just could not possibly exist no matter what evidence is produced such is Dannyboys faith in his beloved council. Bless! what faith he has? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 16 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Nov 16 2012, 05:40 PM) *
Yes my bad I must remember to carry a digital recorder or camcorder with me wherever I go so that I can record every conversation that I make just to prove to our main Council stalwart there are actually people who are critics of his beloved council. Still perhaps not as he will only say it has been edited or tampered with. He just will not believe there are council critics out there? Yes they just could not possibly exist no matter what evidence is produced such is Dannyboys faith in his beloved council. Bless! what faith he has? rolleyes.gif

LOL, you are a one.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:11 AM