> EU fail #1: low CO2 targets and filthy diesels cars
Andy Capp
post May 9 2017, 10:30 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 9 2017, 09:35 AM) *
I loved this,. I think Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee would love the irony of this complaint written on the internet. laugh.gif

Why?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 9 2017, 11:09 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 9 2017, 11:30 AM) *
Why?

Perhaps he was thinking of this, "Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee OM KBE FRS FREng FRSA FBCS, also known as TimBL, is an English computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web." (Wiki)

Not the Internet per se but widely acknowledged as being the father of the internet.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 9 2017, 12:21 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 9 2017, 12:09 PM) *
Perhaps he was thinking of this, "Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee OM KBE FRS FREng FRSA FBCS, also known as TimBL, is an English computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web." (Wiki)

Not the Internet per se but widely acknowledged as being the father of the internet.

Yes I see that, but I am unsure of the relevance in the argument as the inspiration, finance and support he received was through a multinational initiative, not in his shed in Battersea. CERN is an example of nations working together and not going it alone.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 9 2017, 12:36 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 9 2017, 07:31 AM) *
We simply don't have the innovative or managerial competence to survive on our own.

I think he was demonstrating the paucity of the argument re lack of innovative competence and commenting on the irony of it all. Honestly, you can take it or leave it really.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 9 2017, 12:49 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 9 2017, 09:35 AM) *
I loved this,. I think Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee would love the irony of this complaint written on the internet. laugh.gif

Good, a response which graphically illustrates our problems; certainly two of them. And I've taken penicillin. If you can, think about it, but that might just uncover another national problem.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 9 2017, 02:04 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 9 2017, 01:49 PM) *
Good, a response which graphically illustrates our problems; certainly two of them. And I've taken penicillin. If you can, think about it, but that might just uncover another national problem.

Yeah but, don't be too hasty checking your DNA, might be paddling in the shallow end of the gene pool. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 9 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 9 2017, 01:49 PM) *

The biggest problem we have is people like you, but not exclusively you, doing nothing but running the country down. The world won't stop spinning when we brexit, neither will countries like Germany want to stop trading. It's all scare stories and doom mongering when we should be looking forward to the future free of the hateful apron strings of people like Jean Claude.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 9 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 9 2017, 03:39 PM) *
The biggest problem we have is people like you, but not exclusively you, doing nothing but running the country down. The world won't stop spinning when we brexit, neither will countries like Germany want to stop trading. It's all scare stories and doom mongering when we should be looking forward to the future free of the hateful apron strings of people like Jean Claude.

Oh dead, and I actually voted Brexit! What you don't actually like me telling is the truth. Indeed, for Joe Average on the street, there would have been little difference in or out. For me, Brexit should be an opportunity to show case what we can do, creating the high end 'thinking and directing' jobs in this country, realigning our education system to one producing commercial leaders, rather than middle managers.

So, now perhaps you'll understand that my biggest worry about Brexit, is actually people like you; still stuck in the sterile in/out debate, when we should now be worrying about tomorrow. Or do you just want your kids future to be exactly as it was on track for if we'd stayed in?

Come on, move on and lift your thoughts. As far as we are concerned, Jean Claude is as important as the night club bouncer as you leave the premises.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 9 2017, 03:05 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 9 2017, 03:04 PM) *
Yeah but, don't be too hasty checking your DNA, might be paddling in the shallow end of the gene pool. smile.gif

Darwin is supposed to have shown that we are all to apes, I'm just hoping I'm not related to you! tongue.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 9 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 9 2017, 04:05 PM) *
Darwin is supposed to have shown that we are all to apes, I'm just hoping I'm not related to you! tongue.gif

laugh.gif Don't worry, get a pictorial of evolution, about two thirds of the way up the tree splits into three? Got it? Well, the branch in the middle, that's homo sapiens, the branch on the left, that's Neanderthal man, the branch with no leaves on the right? The dead one? That's homo liberalous, that's you. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post May 9 2017, 05:13 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ May 9 2017, 09:27 AM) *
Oi!

There was nothing wrong with the Morris Marina/Ital...

....that couldn't be sorted out with 5 gallons of petrol and a match...

smile.gif

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 9 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 9 2017, 05:09 PM) *
laugh.gif Don't worry, get a pictorial of evolution, about two thirds of the way up the tree splits into three? Got it? Well, the branch in the middle, that's homo sapiens, the branch on the left, that's Neanderthal man, the branch with no leaves on the right? The dead one? That's homo liberalous, that's you. rolleyes.gif

Aaah yes, it's a different perspective looking up from the bottom of the tree! laugh.gif

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 9 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (On the edge @ May 9 2017, 07:31 AM) *
We simply don't have the innovative or managerial competence to survive on our own, if ever we did.

Our survival in Europe, once we'd spent the cash we got from 'selling the farm' was as Europe's low wage, bang it together zone.

Where now?

Well the French government still seem to have a "post Brexit" interest in some of our industries!!
Link

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 9 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 9 2017, 07:16 PM) *
Well the French government still seem to have a "post Brexit" interest in some of our industries!!
Link

The Monster Rabid Tories call it inward investment.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 9 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 9 2017, 07:34 PM) *
The Monster Rabid Tories call it inward investment.

The Monster Rabid Tories are going to win huge. Goodbye JC. Goodbye little Timmy. Up yours the Ginger krankie. The people want Brexit. And they want it now. And they are fed up with all the remoaners. If the remoaners love the EU that much may I suggest they move whilst they can and take EU citizenship whatever that is. Personally I'm English and then British. Some others may feel European. They should go if they want to feel at home. After all Juncker thinks the English language is on the way out anyway. The unelected raddled old freeloading soak.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 9 2017, 07:08 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 9 2017, 07:56 PM) *
The Monster Rabid Tories are going to win huge. Goodbye JC. Goodbye little Timmy. Up yours the Ginger krankie. The people want Brexit. And they want it now. And they are fed up with all the remoaners. If the remoaners love the EU that much may I suggest they move whilst they can and take EU citizenship whatever that is. Personally I'm English and then British. Some others may feel European. They should go if they want to feel at home. After all Juncker thinks the English language is on the way out anyway. The raddled old freeloading soak.

Exactly. Boot the p@¥$ head into touch.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 9 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuyVerhofstadt/s...862550706769920

Very grown up. Another 1% on the Brexit side. They really don't get the British so they? 😂

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 9 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 9 2017, 07:16 PM) *
Link

Thanks for sharing that Biker, it had passed me by. However it again quite illustrates the path we are on in or out of the EU.

Why would the French nationalised railway want to expand in another Country, spending French public money to do so? For the Remainers amongst us, where is the EU in this? Surely using cheap French public money is anti competitive? Oh, I nearly forgot, the EU supports nationalised industries; EdF being a good example.

In reality the only reason SNCF are doing this is because labour costs are so much cheaper in the UK so they can make a big wodge over here whilst the going is good. Desperately needed because the French pension position is dire - they need the cash.

For us, yeah, we'll get some cheap development cash, but the price our future economy pays is the French management, so the only UK jobs will be the navvie work.

it's not only trains taking us for a ride!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 9 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 9 2017, 07:56 PM) *
The Monster Rabid Tories are going to win huge. Goodbye JC. Goodbye little Timmy. Up yours the Ginger krankie. The people want Brexit. And they want it now. And they are fed up with all the remoaners. If the remoaners love the EU that much may I suggest they move whilst they can and take EU citizenship whatever that is. Personally I'm English and then British. Some others may feel European. They should go if they want to feel at home. After all Juncker thinks the English language is on the way out anyway. The unelected raddled old freeloading soak.

Then we now need to be putting enormous pressure on Mrs M to get our trade and industry back. Let's see the city start earning real money for the Country.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 9 2017, 09:39 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

But, but, Jeremy's gonna win! He said it on BBC today! Calling him a liar?

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:04 PM