> Second referendum
Turin Machine
post May 12 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #941

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (newres @ May 12 2019, 07:25 PM) *
Got a link to where he says this? The BBC couldn’t find anything. His position was always that we could have any deal we wanted.

"Making the case for the UK to leave the EU, the UKIP leader argued the 28-member union was "done for" economically and that even if UK firms had tariffs imposed on them after leaving, this would cost less than the amount the UK was currently giving to Brussels.'

"No deal is better than the rotten deal that we have at the moment," he said."

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post May 12 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #942

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 12 2019, 08:25 PM) *
"Making the case for the UK to leave the EU, the UKIP leader argued the 28-member union was "done for" economically and that even if UK firms had tariffs imposed on them after leaving, this would cost less than the amount the UK was currently giving to Brussels.'

"No deal is better than the rotten deal that we have at the moment," he said."

He wasn’t advocating no deal, he was saying this in his defence when it was put to him that he wouldn’t get a deal without free movement etc. He also told us we’d be better off but now he and others say there will be pain.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 12 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #943

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 12 2019, 08:35 PM) *
He wasn’t advocating no deal, he was saying this in his defence when it was put to him that he wouldn’t get a deal without free movement etc. He also told us we’d be better off but now he and others say there will be pain.

Sfunny that cos when he said "no deal is better than a rotten deal (in June 2016) it sounded a lot like he advocated no deal, (in preference to a rotten deal). But then remainers always have had this unfortunate habit of not listening to anyone except themselves.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 12 2019, 07:54 PM
Post #944

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 12 2019, 08:48 PM) *
Sfunny that cos when he said "no deal is better than a rotten deal (in June 2016) it sounded a lot like he advocated no deal, (in preference to a rotten deal). But then remainers always have had this unfortunate habit of not listening to anyone except themselves.

Indeed... they live in a remainers echo chamber. That's why they created the #fbpe hashtag... so they could all agree how intelligent they all were and how everyone else was a stupid xenophobe. It must be a mighty shock to them now reality is biting....

+Quote Post
newres
post May 12 2019, 08:07 PM
Post #945

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 12 2019, 08:48 PM) *

Why is it that the “had” make out that all along they voted for something that was never mentioned at the time. We could have a better deal than Norway because we’re British he said. Paraphrasing obviously. He’s finally being called out on it and he didn’t like it one little bit.

He’s obviously going to do well in the EU elections. There really is only way out of him claiming the election is a second referendum and that’s to call a second referendum.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 12 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #946

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 12 2019, 09:07 PM) *
Why is it that the “had” make out that all along they voted for something that was never mentioned at the time. We could have a better deal than Norway because we’re British he said. Paraphrasing obviously. He’s finally being called out on it and he didn’t like it one little bit.

He’s obviously going to do well in the EU elections. There really is only way out of him claiming the election is a second referendum and that’s to call a second referendum.

So what your saying is... if pro brexit parties garner over 50 percent of the vote we should have a 3rd vote... I can see where this is heading...🤣🤣🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 12 2019, 09:05 PM
Post #947

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Won't make a ha'p'orth of difference whatever the outcome of the MEP election is as parliament will not agree a no deal exit anymore than May's deal, which conveniently leaves staying in, but even that has to be drip fed to those ungrateful idiots who voted leave over the next 5 years in the hope that most will be in advanced stages of dementia by then. Still JC has the right idea in "buying" the yoof vote, (especially using other peoples money), so maybe the same principle should be applied to brexit? Free oranges for remainers? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 12 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #948

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ May 12 2019, 10:05 PM) *
Won't make a ha'p'orth of difference whatever the outcome of the MEP election is as parliament will not agree a no deal exit anymore than May's deal, which conveniently leaves staying in, but even that has to be drip fed to those ungrateful idiots who voted leave over the next 5 years in the hope that most will be in advanced stages of dementia by then. Still JC has the right idea in "buying" the yoof vote, (especially using other peoples money), so maybe the same principle should be applied to brexit? Free oranges for remainers? rolleyes.gif

We need to change parliament. At least that's something remainers and brexiteers agree on. Whether we would end up In another sh1t show of a hung parliament is a worry though...

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 05:18 AM
Post #949

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 12 2019, 09:13 PM) *
So what your saying is... if pro brexit parties garner over 50 percent of the vote we should have a 3rd vote... I can see where this is heading...🤣🤣🤣

I’m saying the opposite. If Garage wins he’ll claim it as a mandate for a no deal Brexit despite the evidence that a majority are for Remain. There’s only one way out of this mess.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 13 2019, 06:31 AM
Post #950

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 13 2019, 06:18 AM) *
I’m saying the opposite. If Garage wins he’ll claim it as a mandate for a no deal Brexit despite the evidence that a majority are for Remain. There’s only one way out of this mess.

Is Garage mates with Stormzy? 😂

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 13 2019, 08:39 AM
Post #951

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Whatever happens now, there is going to be literally millions of people who are really pi55ed off. If pro brexit parties do get a massive amount of votes in the euros, I would take that as meaning that it is still "the will of the people" to leave. I have never advocated the will of the people as being a reason to do anything, but I believe public opinion has shifted, and that is part of the reason why I feel we should have a second (final) vote on it. However if the EU election demonstrates that public opinion hasn't changed, I don't think we need one.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 08:54 AM
Post #952

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ May 13 2019, 09:39 AM) *
Whatever happens now, there is going to be literally millions of people who are really pi55ed off. If pro brexit parties do get a massive amount of votes in the euros, I would take that as meaning that it is still "the will of the people" to leave. I have never advocated the will of the people as being a reason to do anything, but I believe public opinion has shifted, and that is part of the reason why I feel we should have a second (final) vote on it. However if the EU election demonstrates that public opinion hasn't changed, I don't think we need one.

Would you take Farage getting 35% as evidence public opinion hasn’t changed?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 13 2019, 09:29 AM
Post #953

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I would take a combination of Brexit Party/UKIP/Conservatives getting 50% as a firm indicator.

Maybe if it were slightly less but propped up by labour

Or if Liberal Democrats/Change UK/greens get 50%, I would consider that proof that opinion has changed. If it isn't 50% for me it's not enough to stop campaigning for a final referendum.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 10:29 AM
Post #954

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ May 13 2019, 10:29 AM) *
I would take a combination of Brexit Party/UKIP/Conservatives getting 50% as a firm indicator.

Maybe if it were slightly less but propped up by labour

Or if Liberal Democrats/Change UK/greens get 50%, I would consider that proof that opinion has changed. If it isn't 50% for me it's not enough to stop campaigning for a final referendum.

If the turnout was 65% or more I could maybe agree. The problem is though that if it’s a less than 50% turnout it’s not reliable. The extremists will be out in force for this which is very likely to skew the results. Add in that Labour are officially a Brexit party and there are an awful lot of Torres that are remainers. If the reports are to believed, all of the Tory Brexiteers will be voting Farage so there’s a good chance that remainers make up a good proportion of what’s left of their vote. A referendum is the only way to see if the polls are correct.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 13 2019, 12:35 PM
Post #955

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 13 2019, 07:31 AM) *

On the topic of Nigel Farage/garages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8f6GDXooGs

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 01:18 PM
Post #956

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 13 2019, 07:31 AM) *

Doubtful. wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEa3-rx6MQ

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 13 2019, 01:44 PM
Post #957

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 13 2019, 02:18 PM) *

Wow! I mean wow! A three year old clip, had to dig that hard huh? #remainersadboy.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 13 2019, 01:46 PM
Post #958

Advanced Member

Something a bit more up to date (and relevant).

https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/brexit/nig...neral-election/

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 02:40 PM
Post #959

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 13 2019, 02:46 PM) *
Something a bit more up to date (and relevant).

https://www.lbc.co.uk/hot-topics/brexit/nig...neral-election/

7th time lucky?

+Quote Post
newres
post May 13 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #960

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ May 13 2019, 02:44 PM) *
Wow! I mean wow! A three year old clip, had to dig that hard huh? #remainersadboy.

If I wanted to be up to date I'd mention the two "party" founders forced to resign for racism. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

85 Pages V  « < 46 47 48 49 50 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:04 PM