Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 29th March 2019, Independence Day
x2lls
post Jun 25 2018, 03:08 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

You cannot deny this is global, the BBC don't count and neither do all the other MSMs the march went past. Career protecting victims.

https://www.facebook.com/thetommyrobinson/v...88392054630179/

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 25 2018, 08:02 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 25 2018, 04:08 AM) *
You cannot deny this is global, the BBC don't count and neither do all the other MSMs the march went past. Career protecting victims.

Eh?

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 25 2018, 10:17 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (x2lls @ Jun 25 2018, 04:08 AM) *

How did they miss this global phenomena of two protests. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 25 2018, 11:13 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I gotta ask, what are MSM's? I assume mainstream media?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 25 2018, 02:07 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 25 2018, 12:13 PM) *
I gotta ask, what are MSM's? I assume mainstream media?

Just googled it https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/MSM

Must admit I find this one more fitting to certain contributors. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 25 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 25 2018, 03:07 PM) *

Thats brilliant!

Works for me!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 25 2018, 05:22 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 25 2018, 03:07 PM) *

You think some members here are gay? Repressed homosexuality is quite common in right wing types so you may have a point.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 25 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 25 2018, 06:22 PM) *
You think some members here are gay? Repressed homosexuality is quite common in right wing types so you may have a point.

What my late father referred to as " the public school syndrome".

Mustn't stereotype though as I have no wish to alienate anyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 25 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”

Bertrand Russell

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 25 2018, 06:57 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 25 2018, 06:22 PM) *

Nah.. I find lefty liberals more likely to be in that camp. But hey.. Its a free world and I certianly don't have a problem with gay people. Sounds like you do though which is surprising for such a tolerant right on fella.🌈

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 26 2018, 06:01 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 24 2018, 07:32 PM) *
Once again the Brexit division rekindles old hostilities amongst the great unwashed. Just because the media singled out a few "bovver boyze" to justify the immigration factor in the leave vote instead of actually asking those who were quite simply fed up with the creeping federalism being propagated by Berlin and it's sycophantic followers, we are now branded racist reactionaries by those "who know best".
Maybe we need European workers, ( least they work ), maybe not, but we are hardly going to shoot ourselves in the foot by putting a "no entry" sign at Dover while potatoes rot in the fields.
Is it too much to ask forum contributors to form a consensus on how best to leave as opposed to this silly name calling.

How best we leave?

Up to now we’ve been negotiating our exit like a civil contract. Talking to the EU on the basis as supplicant; let us know what you want to let us go. If we took the key EU imports to UK and did a Trump, and also suggested we’d liberalise our money markets considerably, the boot would be on the other foot. There is no nice way to negotiaye a big deal.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 26 2018, 09:49 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 26 2018, 07:01 AM) *
How best we leave?

Up to now we’ve been negotiating our exit like a civil contract. Talking to the EU on the basis as supplicant; let us know what you want to let us go. If we took the key EU imports to UK and did a Trump, and also suggested we’d liberalise our money markets considerably, the boot would be on the other foot. There is no nice way to negotiaye a big deal.

That would be my stance, in as much that we are leaving and any border issues is for the EU to sort out not us. We are unlikely to get a trade deal per se but if the Germans want to sell us their cars they are going to have to be a little flexible in buying whatever it is we manufacture. ( Do we actually make anything? ).

--------------------

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Jun 26 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 26 2018, 09:49 AM) *
Do we actually make anything?

Yes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing..._United_Kingdom

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 26 2018, 02:29 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jun 26 2018, 01:34 PM) *

If only things were so straightforward!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 26 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Jun 26 2018, 01:34 PM) *

Agreed we bolt things together for multi-nationals and undoubtedly supply the bolts for some overseas manufacturers but it seems the only fully owned British transport manufacturer is a motor cycle factory in Coventry. Now worse case scenario and BMW move production from Cowley to some Bavarian barn, what is stopping us making a low production car that fits present, and future, needs?
Instead of wringing hands in the belief that the sky is going to fall in and we will be back in the stone age within 20 years it is time for the free thinkers to start grasping the nettle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 27 2018, 05:19 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 26 2018, 07:01 AM) *
How best we leave?

But that isn’t going well. On the first round Trump’s imposition of steel tariffs has resulted in counter measures. If we did that to the EU they would simply respond in kind, not roll over. And there will be unintended consequences such as Harley Davidson shifting production away from the US. Negotiating in the real world isn’t about pissing the other side off as the other side can simply walk away. It’s about being realistic. As hard as it is for the Brexiteers to accept, the UK has a weak hand. We’ve now got major world players telling it like it is. If we don’t stay in the single market and customs union hundreds of thousands of jobs will go.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 27 2018, 06:28 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 27 2018, 06:19 AM) *
But that isn’t going well. On the first round Trump’s imposition of steel tariffs has resulted in counter measures. If we did that to the EU they would simply respond in kind, not roll over. And there will be unintended consequences such as Harley Davidson shifting production away from the US. Negotiating in the real world isn’t about pissing the other side off as the other side can simply walk away. It’s about being realistic. As hard as it is for the Brexiteers to accept, the UK has a weak hand. We’ve now got major world players telling it like it is. If we don’t stay in the single market and customs union hundreds of thousands of jobs will go.

Exactly, If we did that to the EU they would simply respond in kind, not roll over, then we'd be negotiating for real. Remember, the first response isn't the closing outcome. Believe me, yes, people are worries about our leaving causing job losses; to my knowledge in Germany and Holland for sure. Competing in World markets is hard, always was, always will be. Ironically, this was and still is, a major EU Commission concern, the EU's own outlook for its place in the emerging World economy isn't looking good at all.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 27 2018, 07:23 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 27 2018, 07:28 AM) *
Exactly, If we did that to the EU they would simply respond in kind, not roll over, then we'd be negotiating for real. Remember, the first response isn't the closing outcome. Believe me, yes, people are worries about our leaving causing job losses; to my knowledge in Germany and Holland for sure. Competing in World markets is hard, always was, always will be. Ironically, this was and still is, a major EU Commission concern, the EU's own outlook for its place in the emerging World economy isn't looking good at all.

That's not negotiating though. That's economic warfare. Have you ever negotiated in business? It's not hostile. You're confusing a messy divorce in which emotions rule with negotiation.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 27 2018, 08:03 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 27 2018, 08:23 AM) *
That's not negotiating though. That's economic warfare. Have you ever negotiated in business? It's not hostile. You're confusing a messy divorce in which emotions rule with negotiation.

Yes, what I did for many years. Sorry but very big contracts usually are, if they aren't then it's a roll over! To cope with this is one reason we teach kids games at school, any competitive sport, by definition, is 'hostile' because both sides want to win. If we take the EU, they are playing exactly by these rules, hence using the negotiators they've chosen. I'd argue that the way we are negotiating us akin to Manchester United playing Thatcham Town!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 27 2018, 11:11 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 27 2018, 09:03 AM) *
Yes, what I did for many years. Sorry but very big contracts usually are, if they aren't then it's a roll over! To cope with this is one reason we teach kids games at school, any competitive sport, by definition, is 'hostile' because both sides want to win. If we take the EU, they are playing exactly by these rules, hence using the negotiators they've chosen. I'd argue that the way we are negotiating us akin to Manchester United playing Thatcham Town!

Funny really. When the inevitable happens and we either obey the rules of the club or leave empty handed you and others will blame the negotiating rather than the reality that you can’t be in a club without following the club rules. They aren’t going to give us access unless we accept free movement and the other things. TM is in an impossible situation.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:32 PM