Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cats or Kittens anyone?
Me-again
post Jun 29 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

Hi, sorry this isn't a rant or news, but a plea for help.

My friend has a young cat, male, and she recently moved into her own house out of a house-share. She works all day and is worried that her young cat is bored and lonely as it has grown up in a noisy busy house.

Does anyone know of a cat or kitten that needs a new home? My friend has kept cats for a few years and they have always been well cared for and receive proper vet care etc.

It does need to be a boy cat though. Her male can't be "fixed" due to a heart problem and she doesn't want to risk a getting whole litter of kittens!

I have looked on many websites and there are so many scams I don't know where to start!

If anybody can help please send me a PM. And sorry to the Moderator if this is the wrong place to post my request!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 29 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Newbury Cats' Protection might be able to find a companion for your friend's cat.

+Quote Post
Me-again
post Jun 29 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 68

Hi, Thanks for that link. We did try there as I would always recommend rehoming a rescue but she has moved outside of their "catchment area" although we are looking trying to find a rescue closer to her. She is in a tiny village between Hungerford and Swindon.

+Quote Post
Jacklets
post Jun 29 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 97

Would be worth trying the National Animal Welfare Trust - their local base is at Trindledown Farm in Great Shefford. They always have cats there looking for homes, and sometimes younger ones. This is the link to their website - http://www.nawt.org.uk/berkshire.

Also, as I drove up the Andover Road through Highclere I saw a sign outside a house saying kittens for sale.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jul 12 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

If you don't mind paying there are several cards in Pets at Home (on the wall by the door) offering kittens for sale.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 13 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Good luck in your search for a home for the cat

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:47 PM