je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 29 2017, 09:02 AM) *
Yes, empty vessel make loudest noise! wink.gif

They do, don't they, trouble, is that's all you've got. Noise and bad grammar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 29 2017, 09:13 AM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 29 2017, 09:48 AM) *
They do, don't they, trouble, is that's all you've got. Noise and bad grammar.

You might want to brush up on your punctuation before criticising other people's command of english.

Come to think of it, you don't write Mr Benyon's letters, do you? The last one I read had a number of errors in it.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 29 2017, 09:30 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Apr 29 2017, 08:51 AM) *
So, I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, grassy knoll, Atlantis and all that, but, what if the conservative government actually WANTS to lose the election? Sounds weird but, no difficult decision over brexit? No thwarting the democratic will of the people? No backlash? Four years of financial incompetence of a lib lab pact and then when all's done and dusted sweep back in as the rescuers and enjoy​ the next four or so terms saying "we told you so". Far fetched? Maybe, but, here's the thing, we're talking about politicians here so anything is indeed possible! ��

Err; that's the frightening thing, it doesn't seem implausible. The Conservatives have always played the long game; party above all. In essence, all they wanted to do wad put the fifty year internal row about Europe to bed for good. You can add to the conspiracy the silky smooth transfer of power from someone who really didn't need the job to the daughter Mrs Thatcher hoped for and the Party is safe. Sure, there was a lot of handwringing and gnashing of teeth, but they know we love theatre. The reality shows up in what Oiky Osbo got for his part; better than winning the lottery! Remember it's the oldest political party in the World and didn't get there by being popukar. Five years ain't long in the grand scheme of things, triples all round.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Gibberish, pure and simple.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Apr 29 2017, 09:36 AM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 29 2017, 10:30 AM) *
Err; that's the frightening thing, it doesn't seem implausible. The Conservatives have always played the long game; party above all. In essence, all they wanted to do wad put the fifty year internal row about Europe to bed for good. You can add to the conspiracy the silky smooth transfer of power from someone who really didn't need the job to the daughter Mrs Thatcher hoped for and the Party is safe. Sure, there was a lot of handwringing and gnashing of teeth, but they know we love theatre. The reality shows up in what Oiky Osbo got for his part; better than winning the lottery! Remember it's the oldest political party in the World and didn't get there by being popukar. Five years ain't long in the grand scheme of things, triples all round.

So, the truth IS out there. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 29 2017, 09:51 AM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

The audience member on QT did everyone a favour when he pulled-up Damian Green about the use of 'coalition of chaos'.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 12:14 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Labour with it's hard line Trotsky cadre of momentum thugs would plunge this country back into the stone ages inside four years and leave us at the mercy of every hard-line state in the world. Uncosted public spending promises, attacks on our military, constant back biting and infighting, a desire to pander to every single left wing issue under the sun. Chaos? Not nearly a strong enough term for that outcome.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 29 2017, 12:26 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 29 2017, 01:14 PM) *
Labour with it's hard line Trotsky cadre of momentum thugs would plunge this country back into the stone ages inside four years and leave us at the mercy of every hard-line state in the world. Uncosted public spending promises, attacks on our military, constant back biting and infighting, a desire to pander to every single left wing issue under the sun. Chaos? Not nearly a strong enough term for that outcome.

Why are you so scared?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 29 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 29 2017, 01:14 PM) *

Sure, you've said that kind of thing before and struggled to make it stick, but this is a thread for you to lay out what UKIP would offer instead.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 29 2017, 12:53 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 29 2017, 01:47 PM) *
Sure, you've said that kind of thing before and struggled to make it stick, but this is a thread for you to lay out what UKIP would offer instead.

Methinks this is mischief making....

UKIPs done and dusted. Thats why May will end up with 400 seats..

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 02:39 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 29 2017, 01:47 PM) *

Ukip is as dead as a dead thing. Should pack it in and go home. The Tories are the only sensible choice now, unless you're a trot Britain hater intent on seeing the very chaos promised by the Corbynites. Four years of give always followed by financial ruin followed by sixteen more years of even steeper austerity to try to claw back the dept. Social justice? Spongers charter you mean.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 29 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 29 2017, 01:53 PM) *
UKIPs done and dusted.

I agree, and with Paul Nuttall busy preparing to open the batting for England this summer the election has come at a busy time for him so it'll be a shame if it means he misses out on the Nobel Prize for Physics this year as it would have been nice for him to have won all five.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 02:45 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Apr 29 2017, 01:26 PM) *
Why are you so scared?

Because I love my country? Because I don't want to see it thrown to a pack of spiteful slavering Trotsky hounds? Because I honestly believe the Tories are on the right track? Because I believe in a strong independent nation? Because I don't want my tax revenue going to house ner do wells and spongers when it could be used on hospitals and schools?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 29 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #135

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 29 2017, 03:39 PM) *
Ukip is as dead as a dead thing. Should pack it in and go home. The Tories are the only sensible choice now, unless you're a trot Britain hater intent on seeing the very chaos promised by the Corbynites. Four years of give always followed by financial ruin followed by sixteen more years of even steeper austerity to try to claw back the dept. Social justice? Spongers charter you mean.

Can you put any substance behind that, because all I see is a bunch of lazy abstractions and ungrounded smears. I mean really, "unless you're a trot Britain hater intent on seeing the very chaos promised by the Corbynites" - that's a bit hysterical isn't it?

As for social justice, yes, that is what I want, and I believe a Labour government under JC offers the best prospect of that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 29 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #136

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 29 2017, 03:45 PM) *
Because I don't want my tax revenue going to house ner do wells and spongers when it could be used on hospitals and schools?

Here I agree with you. Look at this lot, on their way to a £2,500 feed at the expense of the tax-payer.

And I'm not being flippant, I mean it - there is enough public money to pay for decent social services but it's being squittered away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #137

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 29 2017, 04:22 PM) *
Can you put any substance behind that, because all I see is a bunch of lazy abstractions and ungrounded smears. I mean really, "unless you're a trot Britain hater intent on seeing the very chaos promised by the Corbynites" - that's a bit hysterical isn't it?

As for social justice, yes, that is what I want, and I believe a Labour government under JC offers the best prospect of that.

What you want is born out of spite and envy, social justice should mean get out what you put in, not expect the people who give a rat's **** enough to make something to give it away for nothing to the "it's my human rite in it" bunch. Have you seen the hateful booklet being touted by some members of labour? A direct attack on serving men and women, disgusting but typical. The left are a bunch of wreckers and vile sickos bent on destroying all that is good. And why does the left wail on about freedom of speech? Free until you don't agree then the knives come out.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Apr 29 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #138

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Whilst I feel the above argument may be a trifle partisan I do have some sympathy for JSC's arguement especially after reading this piece of barely believable liberalism. I despair, I really do. Read on.

"Oxford University has apologised for suggesting that students who avoid eye contact could be guilty of racism, after it was accused of discriminating against autistic people.

The university’s Equality and Diversity Unit has advised students in their Trinity term newsletter that it could be deemed a “racial microaggression” which can lead to “mental ill-health”.

Other examples of “everyday racism” include “not speaking directly to people” and asking someone where they are “originally” from, students were told"

Where I come from not making eye contact is a form of self defense.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Apr 29 2017, 04:11 PM
Post #139

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 29 2017, 04:38 PM) *
What you want is born out of spite and envy, social justice should mean get out what you put in, not expect the people who give a rat's **** enough to make something to give it away for nothing to the "it's my human rite in it" bunch. Have you seen the hateful booklet being touted by some members of labour? A direct attack on serving men and women, disgusting but typical. The left are a bunch of wreckers and vile sickos bent on destroying all that is good. And why does the left wail on about freedom of speech? Free until you don't agree then the knives come out.

What you've described is "every man for himself and the devil take the hindmost". That's Conservatism, and for example if you need medical care you'll just pay for it yourself, and if you can't afford your care then that's tough. In a socially just society everyone makes a fair contribution to a national health fund and the sick get treated irrespective of their personal contribution. That's a good thing for most people because should you be unfortunate enough to need it you can get treatment that you would otherwise be unable to afford.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 29 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #140

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Apr 29 2017, 05:11 PM) *
What you've described is "every man for himself and the devil take the hindmost". That's Conservatism, and for example if you need medical care you'll just pay for it yourself, and if you can't afford your care then that's tough. In a socially just society everyone makes a fair contribution to a national health fund and the sick get treated irrespective of their personal contribution. That's a good thing for most people because should you be unfortunate enough to need it you can get treatment that you would otherwise be unable to afford.

Yup! Dead right, and it's because I believe in conservative methods of government. Nothing wrong with the poor house.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:25 PM