Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La Fitness Parking, La Fitness Parking
graham
post Aug 10 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 80

Are you a member of La Fitness ? then you will know how bad it has become to park your car and go into the gym.I was talkng to a guy this lunch time who couldnt find a space to park and after driving round twice he parked up in the staff parking and was watched by staff members of staff only to be told to park some where else as they were staff spaces.
When he asked if he would be given discount on his membership fee because he couldnt park and use the gym she said no not a chance.La Fitness have boards around the car park stating that the car park is for members only and a £50 release fee`s for cars caught parking there but the gym is never busy and its clear people are just parking there car and going into town! for a gym thats not that busy and how has had recent problems with equipment this is not good customer service and this cant be good for them trying to get new members.
The management dont seem that bothered about your needs as longas they get your money every month there happy! angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darren
post Aug 10 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Simple answer. Cancel.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 10 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

Just walk away LA!
Sounds like they are going down.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
graham
post Aug 10 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Aug 10 2009, 03:54 PM) *
Simple answer. Cancel.

Yeh i would really like to quit La Fitness but i have regular meeting with clive the fitness instructor and he dont use any othe gym`s in this area and he`s really good at what he does,

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 10 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

The moral of this story is use another fitness establishment. There are loads in Newbury and they have good parking. I hope somebody from that organisation reads these posts and will learn what an ass they are.

+Quote Post
graham
post Aug 10 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 10 2009, 04:06 PM) *
The moral of this story is use another fitness establishment. There are loads in Newbury and they have good parking. I hope somebody from that organisation reads these posts and will learn what an ass they are.

Well they have always had problems at that gym the showers didnt work for about six weeks last year and then they were slated in a fitness magazine because the changing areas were`nt clean. Anybody no of any deals running at the moment ?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 10 2009, 04:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

If you need some exercise I have a garden that needs digging.

Free to use and free parking!! wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 10 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (graham @ Aug 10 2009, 04:14 PM) *
Well they have always had problems at that gym the showers didnt work for about six weeks last year and then they were slated in a fitness magazine because the changing areas were`nt clean. Anybody no of any deals running at the moment ?

My daughter uses Northcroft leisure centre; free parking and they have their own swimming pool and gym.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 10 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

LA fitness have been on Watchdog twice.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 10 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 10 2009, 07:10 PM) *
LA fitness have been on Watchdog twice.

With this thread and Watchdog they seem to be very popular. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 11 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 10 2009, 07:06 PM) *
My daughter uses Northcroft leisure centre; free parking and they have their own swimming pool and gym.

The swimming pool and changing rooms are in dire need of a de-gunge. The swimming pool has a thick grey tide mark around it and a lovely 'slimey' feel to the tiles on the walls of the pool..... Pool content 91% water, 3% chlorine, 3% urine, 2% childs vomit, 1% 'other'. Mind the 'free parking' tag... You have to get a ticket and display it to get three hours parking. If you just go in and come out an hour or so later after having had a nice game of badminton you will find a parking ticket on your windscreen (like my missus has done TWICE now !!! rolleyes.gif )

Northcroft DO need to put a sign up to remind the more bleary-eyed of their visitors that they could easily get a ticket.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 11 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Re the LA car park... I have it on good authority that a number of local businesses have taken up 'corporate memberships' for their staff purely as a method of getting daytime parking spaces within the town. Residents of Park Terrace used to be able to park in the car park for a nominal fee, going back to the days when the cinema was there. Once Park View on-street parking was dug up the LA car park became a little bit more valuable and the Park Terrace oiks were booted out.......

+Quote Post
graham
post Aug 13 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Aug 11 2009, 08:48 PM) *
Re the LA car park... I have it on good authority that a number of local businesses have taken up 'corporate memberships' for their staff purely as a method of getting daytime parking spaces within the town. Residents of Park Terrace used to be able to park in the car park for a nominal fee, going back to the days when the cinema was there. Once Park View on-street parking was dug up the LA car park became a little bit more valuable and the Park Terrace oiks were booted out.......

So if they have taken a membership at La Fitness where are they? the gym is never busy! the other week a memeber of staff was telling me she was leaving to go back to bankng and part time at that so what does that say? It wouldnt be so bad if they cared about there members going back to another members input the toilets stink so bad you can smell them as you walk towards the changing rooms the spa rarley works and the staff say that down to people who dont shower before they get in it ive seen clean kitchen`s where`s barry Scott

+Quote Post
Me-again
post Aug 17 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 68

The LA Fitness carpark was previously used by parents of Victoria Park nursery children to pick up and drop off safely. They were given a permit to display and were only allowed for 10 mins at a time. Sometime ago they were told they can no longer do this as parking spaces at the LA Fitness carpark were to be let to local businesses. This agreement between the nursery and the gym had been going on for years, but now the greedy gym owners decided that they would rather make a few quid instead. Parents are now boycotting the nursery as there is nowhere to park safely and the nursery is starting to suffer. Greenacres is lovely by the way!!

+Quote Post
Darren
post Aug 18 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Another suggestion.

Park somewhere else and walk to the gym. Good warm up smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ally_HP
post Aug 20 2009, 04:27 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 131

From what i have heard, LA Fitness are bringing in a scheme where you have to have a permit to park in the car park, and it starts in september sometime.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Aug 20 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (graham @ Aug 13 2009, 04:59 PM) *
So if they have taken a membership at La Fitness where are they? the gym is never busy!

They're at work - they get the membership in order to use the car park not the gym

QUOTE (Ally_HP @ Aug 20 2009, 05:27 PM) *
From what i have heard, LA Fitness are bringing in a scheme where you have to have a permit to park in the car park, and it starts in september sometime.

If it's full of member's cars who have the membership solely for the parking how will such a scheme help?

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Aug 20 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 10 2009, 05:22 PM) *
If you need some exercise I have a garden that needs digging.

Free to use and free parking!! wink.gif

Same here!

I can't see the point of these fitness centres, unless it is an excuse for people to prat about in funny gear. Digging a senior citizen's garden so that they can grow much-needed vegetables is much more sensible.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 20 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Aug 20 2009, 05:54 PM) *
Same here!

I can't see the point of these fitness centres, unless it is an excuse for people to prat about in funny gear. Digging a senior citizen's garden so that they can grow much-needed vegetables is much more sensible.

I think it is more to do with a dating agency or to meet new friends. You can't do that in a garden laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:26 PM