> We are all in it together.
On the edge
post Feb 26 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 26 2013, 11:08 AM) *
But it is the politics we have. It is not a law, just simply the way things are done. As you acknowledge; all parties do it, so to pick on any one party is unfair. It is called point scoring. Personally, I think it undermines prudent governence and makes politicians appear dishonest. Mind you, what it might do is make the encumbent think more carefully before they do things if they know they will meat strong opposition. Or that's the theory, anyway.

Do you think Spider is truelly a Lib Dem evagelist? I 'smell a rat'. wink.gif

Yes, of course you are right. Much as I distrust any party, I fully admit I have a thing about the LibDems, its a personal one and probably irrational and that was showing; proving your theory! In political terms, I suspect like many people I'd be an anarchist; just do what's best for now.

Spider? I'm really not sure, there is something not quite right, granted. Some years back, I did a marketing / promotion type course, where we were set a bit of course work to promote an unpopular cause over a period, by being wholly positive, most of us ended up sounding like Spider! As the lecturer said, this positive support produced a negative result; so folks, you have a tactic!

--------------------
Know your place!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 26 2013, 07:20 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 26 2013, 05:49 PM) *
How to include a quoted quote, which doesn't get included when you do an ordinary Reply. Just trying to be helpful.

Now I get you. I was curious because I thought you have found a way to automatically add embedded quotes.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 26 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 26 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Spider? I'm really not sure, there is something not quite right, granted. Some years back, I did a marketing / promotion type course, where we were set a bit of course work to promote an unpopular cause over a period, by being wholly positive, most of us ended up sounding like Spider! As the lecturer said, this positive support produced a negative result; so folks, you have a tactic!

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. I sense mischief making, perhaps from another party.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 26 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Feb 26 2013, 06:11 PM) *
I believe that pound for pound, our political system works quite well but as far as I'm concerned it is the blame culture that seems to infiltrate everything. The politicians and their spin doctors have a wonderful selective memory and they know well that the average 'Joe Public' will have difficulty remembering who did what and when.

Agreed, and it is also always easier to criticise something when you have no responsibility for the outcome.

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Feb 26 2013, 06:11 PM) *
The blame for the current economic problems stem from current world conditions but the fact remains that we have no buffer to help us out of the swamp. It's no good the current lot blaming the Labour party for handing over a poor legacy but look back a little further and which party did most to destroy our manufacturing rather than find a solution to the lousy emloyer/employee relations. The Conservatives.

The problem I see with politics is the short termism of it all. But it is human nature not to respond, or to understand a need, until it became blatantly obvious.

Labour do have to accept some of the blame, especially for the structural deficit. They went on an unsustainable spending spree on health and education. Admirable things to do, but their spending didn't come with effective performance agreements, nor did it calculate the cost of a down-turn. So when the whatsit hit the fan, there was no reserve to cushion the blow.

But let's just cast our minds back. When we were awash with money (a lot of it false money), it would have taken a very strong government to convince the electorate that we should tighten out belts.

Politicians don't have the luxury of telling the truth. The electorate are not sensible enough to accept it.

+Quote Post
newres
post Feb 27 2013, 01:06 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

Why don't WBC staff look out of the window in the morning?

To give them something to do in the afternoon.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 27 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Vote Waldo.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:12 PM