> Veolia, How are they doing?
JeffG
post Aug 31 2011, 10:34 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

QUOTE (massifheed @ Aug 30 2011, 12:16 PM) *
One of our bin men's favourite pastimes is to remove the bins for emptying and then just dump them all back in right by the door and not put them back as they were, meaning the only bin you can get to to put stuff in is the one directly in front of the door.

I don't know what the precise arrangements are, but is it not possible for the residents to wheel them back to their proper places? Seems a bit odd that it's only the bin men that can move them.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Aug 31 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 31 2011, 11:34 AM) *
I don't know what the precise arrangements are, but is it not possible for the residents to wheel them back to their proper places? Seems a bit odd that it's only the bin men that can move them.

That is an option, of course. But these are heavy bins - usually moved by two bin men at a time - and would require all of the bins to be removed first and then put back in correctly one at a time. If Veolia put them back as they found them then there woudn't be an issue. It doesn't happen all the time. Indeed, most often they are put back correctly. So I can't see the point in just dumping them to leave for others to sort out. If these were single household wheelie bins then I wouldn't have a problem with them being left out for residents to take back to their own properties, but that isn't the case here. These are industrial sized bins, housed in a seperate building.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 31 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

If there is a real and recurring problem with the bin men not putting the large industrial size bins back where they found them and they are contractually obilged to do so then write to the council and tell them.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Aug 31 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Aug 31 2011, 01:35 PM) *
If there is a real and recurring problem with the bin men not putting the large industrial size bins back where they found them and they are contractually obilged to do so then write to the council and tell them.

We have called the council in the past about the issue and that the rubbish Veolia refuse to take causes a health hazard, but all that happens is that the council send one of their own people out to clear it up and put it all back as it should be. I guess it's either the path of least resistance for them or, albeit somewhat bizzare, Veolia are not obliged to put the bins back as they found them.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 31 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (massifheed @ Aug 31 2011, 02:57 PM) *
We have called the council in the past about the issue and that the rubbish Veolia refuse to take causes a health hazard, but all that happens is that the council send one of their own people out to clear it up and put it all back as it should be. I guess it's either the path of least resistance for them or, albeit somewhat bizzare, Veolia are not obliged to put the bins back as they found them.

Yes, it does sound strange especially in that the "health hazard" is confined to Veolia staff and not council staff. Sounds like someone needs to get a grip.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
RedDevil
post Sep 1 2011, 01:23 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 306

I've had cause to get in contact about bins before, I find they respond quickly to email customerservices@westberks.gov.uk or west.berkshire@veolia.co.uk if there is a burning issue and they don't read this forum!

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 1 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Or just give Streetcare a ring - they are very helpful and on the ball. When my grey wheelie bin was stolen in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago (yes, really! - and not by some drunk), they arranged for a new one which was delivered a couple of days later.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:06 PM