IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do we need two traffic wardens together?
GMR
post Oct 18 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I noticed that there are a lot of cars and lorries illegally parked in Newbury. So you would think that our Traffic wardens would be stretched to the point of combustion. But I noticed that - and not just on this occasion - that two traffic wardens were virtually walking hand in hand in an area that doesn't really have parking abuses; if they did one would suffice.

Do they need to walk together because of fear of being attacked or is this just a case of a bit of privacy in a quiet area?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Oct 18 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

Could be that one was training the other.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 18 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Oct 18 2012, 06:54 PM) *
Could be that one was training the other.

No. They both were senior traffic wardens. However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post Oct 18 2012, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 988

I noticed that. That they walk around in pairs and wondered why? Both wardens are very familiar around Newbury. Very recognizable from the back. Unless they are very good clones.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Oct 18 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,832

I find traffic wardens very annoying. They hang around waiting to catch you. When you do see cars illegally parked they are never around. The scene above where they are walking together is a common picture. They walk around looking as if they are trying to intimidate, but intimidate the wrong persons. Actions speak louder than words. There should be no reason for them to walk around in pairs. Newbury is bigger enough for them to work on their own.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Oct 19 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

At the risk of alienating one and all I am going to exercise my prerogative and defend the traffic warden from their public enemy number one status. If parking was based on the free for all premise traffic would grind to a halt within an hour. I think the problem arises from the belief that we have an automatic right to drive our car to wherever we chose and park it accordingly .
The incident reported by GMR I am sure is one of those incidents where the two officials found themselves in the same proximity and therefore engaged in a little social intercourse .
I said social. tongue.gif

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Oct 19 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (lordtup @ Oct 19 2012, 11:24 AM) *
At the risk of alienating one and all I am going to exercise my prerogative and defend the traffic warden from their public enemy number one status. If parking was based on the free for all premise traffic would grind to a halt within an hour. I think the problem arises from the belief that we have an automatic right to drive our car to wherever we chose and park it accordingly .
The incident reported by GMR I am sure is one of those incidents where the two officials found themselves in the same proximity and therefore engaged in a little social intercourse .

Agreed in general.
However, when it comes to booking people in a "free" car park I don't think they are contributing to the above.
There was a "Green Meanie" on here for a while but seems to have disappeared as fast as they arrived!
Perhaps they could answer the op's question?

+Quote Post
Blake
post Oct 19 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 75

I saw a TV show about traffic wardens last year. They have actually been shipping them in from ABROAD!

Madness; it is not a high skill job and with 2.53m unemployed, this should be made illegal. Councils who do this should be punished and their CEOs dismissed without appeal.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 19 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Oct 19 2012, 11:24 AM) *

Good point about social intercourse.... I thought that was my point as well? wink.gif

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 19 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

What time this the picture taken?

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 19 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

Me, were I so interested, I would have asked them...... Or asked their manager at WBC (Used to be Mark Cole, I think). None of us, I suspect, know the answer.......

And they are not 'Traffic Wardens'. Their role was to assist traffic movement by (amongst other elements) enforcing parking regulations.

CEOs have only a penalty-issuing function

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 19 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 19 2012, 05:38 PM) *
What time this the picture taken?

Between 2 and 3 pm.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 19 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Oct 19 2012, 07:40 PM) *
Me, were I so interested, I would have asked them...... Or asked their manager at WBC (Used to be Mark Cole, I think). None of us, I suspect, know the answer.......

And they are not 'Traffic Wardens'. Their role was to assist traffic movement by (amongst other elements) enforcing parking regulations.

CEOs have only a penalty-issuing function

Asking "them" would have only elicited answers that they wanted me to hear. As for asking their manager or somebody connected; I tried that but got evasive answers and couldn't get to the people that were in the know. Therefore I thought this approach was the next best thing.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

And you NEVER see PCSOs walking together?

Or 'proper coppers' for that matter.....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 11:05 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Blake @ Oct 19 2012, 03:33 PM) *
I saw a TV show about traffic wardens last year. They have actually been shipping them in from ABROAD!

'Shipping them in'?!!

What ARE you on about you buffoon!! laugh.gif laugh.gif Do they come in a box of 10? Plonker.... rolleyes.gif
You COULD say Tesco have been 'shipping in' workers from Poland to stock shelves for years, or Vodafone have been 'shipping in' workers from India, but WBC have been 'shipping in' people to stick tickets on cars? Get a grip you clown....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 20 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Two police ocifers to tackle two inebriated turps drinks? Why?

There's proper crime going on around the town while this 'tag team policing' is going on.....

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Oct 20 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 20 2012, 12:39 PM) *

Two police ocifers to tackle two inebriated turps drinks? Why?

There's proper crime going on around the town while this 'tag team policing' is going on.....

For the same reason as a 61 year old blind man using a white cane was tasered in Bolton this week, because they can.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 20 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Penelope @ Oct 20 2012, 01:28 PM) *
For the same reason as a 61 year old blind man using a white cane was tasered in Bolton this week, because they can.

A bit ascerbic.
The photo is a 'press event'

I wonder why it is so necessary to go in pairs, whatever the activity........

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Oct 20 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Penelope @ Oct 20 2012, 01:28 PM) *

The Police are now beyond reproach. Their word is gospel truth. I think we only have half the story here; once you see the notebook, you'll see that the old chap was being rude. After all, it he really was that blind, why didn't he have a dog? Quite understand why the Tazer was used - about time everyone was more respectful when the Police are around.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Oct 20 2012, 05:35 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 18 2012, 07:36 PM) *
No. They both were senior traffic wardens. However, it doesn't mean they weren't training each other in something else!!!!!

I suggest that you might think it amusing to infer that the wardens are up to some extra curricular activity but it's not always the case that two persons of opposite gender at work are "at it". Perhaps that is what might happen where you work.
They may have a partner at home who would probably be upset at what you are saying.

It may be that they want to blitz an area so that they can get through it in half the time and perhaps catch the canny people who rely on driving off before the CEO gets to their chariot.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:58 AM