IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Errant Mum post removed, Big Brother protects those found guilty in public court
Bloggo
post Aug 2 2011, 03:12 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Sidney @ Aug 2 2011, 04:00 PM) *
As this particular thread is still here I am assuming you are right about "the small print." (Either that or admin are on holiday) You are also right about "knee-jerks" but as a parent I fail to see how this case (and others like it) can be defended ?

Whilst my post was considered offensive, many forum members seem to believe this "poor girl" needs help, and Gel and I are the villians !!?? I think the main concern should be for the children now surely ? Where do you draw the line at helping these poor unskilled parents ? Baby P's parents ? The McGanns ? Hard as it may seem there are people out there who just don't care !!

Although I don't support your use of what is an offensive term to other Forum users I personally agree that the rights of the child are sometimes traded against those of the uncarring and downright criminal parents and I know all cases are different but any right thinking individual must consider the child first. After all he/she has no choice but to accept the abuse.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 2 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Aug 2 2011, 04:12 PM) *
Although I don't support your use of what is an offensive term to other Forum users I personally agree that the rights of the child are sometimes traded against those of the uncarring and downright criminal parents and I know all cases are different but any right thinking individual must consider the child first. After all he/she has no choice but to accept the abuse.

'Uncaring' 'Criminal'??? WTF - How can you use such terms about these poor people?? You really are SCUM Bloggo!!!

+Quote Post
Sidney
post Aug 2 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,006

So will we be debate whether she got off lightly ? Whether she should have the children back ? or is that all too taboo, and might cause offence to some delicate little souls? Or shall we just discuss allotments and WBC, which on the scale of things is trivial .... must keeps us amused ??

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 2 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

QUOTE (Sidney @ Aug 2 2011, 04:43 PM) *
So will we be debate whether she got off lightly ? Whether she should have the children back ? or is that all too taboo, and might cause offence to some delicate little souls? Or shall we just discuss allotments and WBC, which on the scale of things is trivial .... must keeps us amused ??

Should she have the children taken away - YES
Are people like her **** - I think so, yes. I do not think others in the forum are **** because they 'defended' her - not everyone sees the bad in people, even with children involved. Personally, a childs life and future should not be left in the hands of a parent who verbally/physically/mentally abuse them - every child deserves to live in a home where they are loved.

Oh and Sidney - bring something about the allotments into this and every one will be discussing it.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 2 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I can't remember anyone defending her actions. Some people did describe how throwing the person in gaol wouldn't necessarily help. I think everyone on here would think what the person did was an abominable thing, but some on here have a different approach to how best deal with it.

The S word, to me, is not far short of the C word, and is not the most fitting to describe any member on this form.

Did the parent deserve gaol? Yes. Would that have been an effective punishment? Who knows. Do I think she got off lightly? No, but only because I think her card is marked, and I would not trade her situation for mine anyday soon. Even if she avoided gaol.

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post Aug 2 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

Well I read and re-read the posts and I couldn'tt see anywhere or anyone suggesting the little ones should remain with this woman. I couldn't see anyone defending her parenting skills. All I could see was one lot saying she'll need help to continue to grow into a more useful member of society, and another lot saying she had to be put in prison, and name calling on those who didn't support their views. This abuse along with the lock-up calls seem to be based on one article in the Daily Mail which was then picked up by two other tabloids. Since at the moment there is no way of knowing how accurate parts of this story are it is quite surprising that the 'lock-up' side became quite so rude and adamant.

+Quote Post
user23
post Aug 2 2011, 07:22 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Sidney @ Aug 1 2011, 11:00 PM) *
Freedom of speech ??
This forum is run by a private company and as such they are fully within their rights to choose what is displayed on it.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 2 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Daily Mail seems to have taken a lot of stick for what was essentially printed in our very own local paper. Seemed factual, if curt. Could see nothing sensational in what was written at all. In case you are wondering, my daily read is the Times.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Aug 2 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 2 2011, 08:29 PM) *
In case you are wondering, my daily read is the Times.

Rupert needs all the help he can get at the moment.

One of 'gel's' initial rants was that the NWN hadn't covered the story. How odd.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 3 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Dodgys smarter brother. @ Aug 2 2011, 09:42 AM) *
That's shows you maybe weren't about when the last posts were written.

You are right I wasn't around for that, I went to Whitby! Perhaps I was a bit quick to have jumped in there. Sorry.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 3 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

There were people (whilst I was reading) who were tyring to imply that the Daily Mail had over egged the whole thing and that those criticising were getting worked up over nothing. I have to say this annoyed me too.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 4 2011, 07:59 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 2 2011, 04:22 PM) *
'Uncaring' 'Criminal'??? WTF - How can you use such terms about these poor people?? You really are SCUM Bloggo!!!

I can only appologise TDH. I did not mean to be offensive, don't want to upset anyone. wink.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Aug 4 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Aug 2 2011, 04:12 PM) *

Does that include middle class parents who leave their children whilst going across the road for dinner ????

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 4 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Aug 4 2011, 09:48 AM) *
Does that include middle class parents who leave their children whilst going across the road for dinner ????

What is your definition of middle class? Any abandonment is as wrong as its against the law.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Aug 4 2011, 08:57 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 4 2011, 09:52 AM) *
What is your definition of middle class? Any abandonment is as wrong as its against the law.

It's just a lable, but I just meant someone who was fairly affluent. I totally agree, which was my point, sorry if I didn't get that across

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 4 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Aug 4 2011, 09:48 AM) *

In my opinion, yes.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 4 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Aug 4 2011, 11:37 AM) *
In my opinion, yes.

Did the McCanns not leave a Daughter called Madeleine....

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 4 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 4 2011, 11:59 AM) *
Did the McCanns not leave a Daughter called Madeleine....

They did and it was wrong.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 4 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

And they paid the ultimate price and a lesson that some find hard to learn judging by the original story.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 4 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 4 2011, 01:10 PM) *
And they paid the ultimate price and a lesson that some find hard to learn judging by the original story.

It really irks me when people say they are paying the ultimate price...No they are not, their daughter is - dead or alive.

Agree, people do not learn from the Mcanns stupidity...'Some' parents couldn't care less.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:18 PM