Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Proposed benefit cuts
newres
post Dec 11 2017, 03:40 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

This family with 7 children is an extreme example, but saying that I see nothing wrong with a benefits cap in long term examples.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Dec 11 2017, 05:38 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

If you cap those abusing the system there will be more to go toward's helping those truly in need. In theory.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Dec 11 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Funnily enough I was debating this very subject with a friend today . The consensus being that those who choose to have a family should be financially viable to support their new responsibility . If at a later date they fall upon hard times then the tax payer should be prepared to help them short term . I do not know what the truth behind these ridiculously high benefits figure is but if accurate it poses the question why does anyone work ?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 12 2017, 06:57 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

This is all pretty old stuff; look at the start date of the thread. Yesterday's news. I suspect what has awoken interest, is the imminent introduction of the Universal Credits scheme locally. This should satisfy the worries expressed here as even prime mover Iain Duncan-Smith and the traditionally supportive treasury believe its perhaps a little loop harsh and have been seeking to mitigate the worst effects. Most people, when giving the welfare system a little thought, thoroughly agree with making it as simple as possible and having 'a cap'. After all, that's no different from earning a wage that won't increase just because you've had an extra child. The real, and perhaps only point iof contention ought to be the amount paid and whether it is sufficient to sustain an existence. Yes, there are those who milk the system, just as there are those who seek to maximise earnings by avoiding tax in a thing called the gig economy.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 12 2017, 09:59 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Benefit scroungers are small fry in cash terms, but the simple test I apply is: would I swap existence. Usually the answers is no.

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Dec 16 2017, 08:59 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

From time immemorial, just do sufficient to keep the underclass happy. Give them bread and circuses.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Dec 16 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Dec 16 2017, 08:59 AM) *
From time immemorial, just do sufficient to keep the underclass happy. Give them bread and circuses.

Now reads lager and mobile phone . Things were so much simpler back in the day , send the proletariat off to some god forsaken country to fight a battle or two, which had the effect of gaining wealth for the state and reducing the population . All comes back to education........Or lack of it .

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Dec 16 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Dec 16 2017, 08:59 AM) *

Try fags an strictly come preening. Seems to work these days.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:27 PM