Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just for Richard
NWNREADER
post Oct 31 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (blackdog @ Oct 25 2011, 09:29 AM)
Why should they have the press or the public at their meetings? It's a retailers' association not a public body.

Well? Why should they?

"I wasn't a member of the party until October last year."

When you join a party you attach to it's history - good and not so good. Your use of this phrase sounds like slopey shoulders and does nothing to help people understand where you stand (other than a loyal member apart from the nasty bits)

And I still don't feel you have given a valid reason for not submitting the petition. Those who signed up may feel let down.

Richard, me old fruit,
I realise you are a busy chap, but as you are now working mega-hours could you fit in a reply?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Oct 31 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Oct 31 2011, 01:45 PM) *
QUOTE (blackdog @ Oct 25 2011, 09:29 AM)
Why should they have the press or the public at their meetings? It's a retailers' association not a public body.

Well? Why should they?

"I wasn't a member of the party until October last year."

When you join a party you attach to it's history - good and not so good. Your use of this phrase sounds like slopey shoulders and does nothing to help people understand where you stand (other than a loyal member apart from the nasty bits)

And I still don't feel you have given a valid reason for not submitting the petition. Those who signed up may feel let down.

Richard, me old fruit,
I realise you are a busy chap, but as you are now working mega-hours could you fit in a reply?

The NRA has always been transparent, why change it? t gives them credibility, at present they wouldn't dare discuss sanctions against an individual or take votes on people for a start.

As for the petition, I have no update as to when it will go in. Some people may feel let down if it doesn't go in now, and if that's the case I can only apologise to them if it doesn't go in. What I will say is that if it is not submitted, we will need to carry out a seperate petition at a later stage.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Oct 31 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Oct 31 2011, 02:04 PM) *
What I will say is that if it is not submitted, we will need to carry out a seperate petition at a later stage.

So submit it then!

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 31 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Ahem...

While you reveal some interesting failings you have not set out why the petition was not submitted in time for September.

Sounds like you admit that failing to submit it renders the existing petition unusable.

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 31 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Oct 31 2011, 06:21 PM) *
Ahem...

While you reveal some interesting failings you have not set out why the petition was not submitted in time for September.

Sounds like you admit that failing to submit it renders the existing petition unusable.
I suspect it didn't have the required number of signatures.

Turns out Newbury Labour hasn't been working on the NRA constitution either, as previously claimed.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Oct 31 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 31 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Turns out Newbury Labour hasn't been working on the NRA constitution either, as previously claimed.

I already clarified that abuser, it was our RESPONSE to the NRA constitution. You already know this.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Oct 31 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 31 2011, 08:46 PM) *

Everything has had to be put on hold to deal with the national scandal of WBC giving every asset that Newbury had to SLI for a pound and a very large wedge of cash as far into the future as can been seen. Come on keep up. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Oct 31 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

No Cognosco, they are not linked. But interesting that whenever the council go belly up on something, everyone starts trying to have a pop at me again!!!

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 31 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Oct 31 2011, 08:56 PM) *
I already clarified that abuser, it was our RESPONSE to the NRA constitution. You already know this.
Why did you need to produce a RESPONSE to the NRA constitution, something that wasn't in your manifesto, over something that was, the petition?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Oct 31 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 31 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Why did you need to produce a RESPONSE to the NRA constitution, something that wasn't in your manifesto, over something that was, the petition?

Because the NRA meetings are something that already happen.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 31 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Oct 31 2011, 09:00 PM) *
No Cognosco, they are not linked. But interesting that whenever the council go belly up on something, everyone starts trying to have a pop at me again!!!

Well it is no easier to get an answer out of you than the council, for sure.......

Ahem...

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Oct 31 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Already answered it. Read the thread.

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 31 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Oct 31 2011, 03:33 PM) *
So submit it then!
Not enough signatures, apparently.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Oct 31 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Oct 31 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Already answered it. Read the thread.

I said I did not find your answer adequate. You have not given a reason other than 'too busy' for not submitting. That answer is not acceptable, and needs further explanation. Will you be as public about not submitting as you were when you were going to?

How many signatures did you gather, please?

Do you agree failing to submit, especially without explanation, is unacceptable?

Do you agree delaying the submission renders the petition invalid?

As the actual submission process is very straightforward, can you please explain why the petition was not submitted ready for September?

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 1 2011, 07:49 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Having asked for a new thread to be started about this, Richard now seems to be avoiding questions on the subject.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Nov 1 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 1 2011, 07:49 PM) *
Having asked for a new thread to be started about this, Richard now seems to be avoiding questions on the subject.

Some of us give up our time to attend community meetings. I'm sorry I can't have a team of people on here all day every day trying to defend me like the council do.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 1 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Nov 1 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Some of us give up our time to attend community meetings. I'm sorry I can't have a team of people on here all day every day trying to defend me like the council do.

Do you have the required amount of signatures? Would you give a date for when you will reply, in full, the questions asked by NWNREADER?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Nov 1 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Oct 31 2011, 10:18 PM) *
I said I did not find your answer adequate. You have not given a reason other than 'too busy' for not submitting. That answer is not acceptable, and needs further explanation. Will you be as public about not submitting as you were when you were going to?

How many signatures did you gather, please?

Do you agree failing to submit, especially without explanation, is unacceptable?

Do you agree delaying the submission renders the petition invalid?

As the actual submission process is very straightforward, can you please explain why the petition was not submitted ready for September?

More than enough.

I've explained why it's not been submitted. It will go in once I have consulted the other parties to get their opinion.

Not at all, but there are guidelines that have to be adhered too.

It wasn't ready to be submitted in September, if you submit it without doing the proper diligence there is a chance that if the council rule out some signatures, you may not have enough to force the referendum. I've already told you that some things were more important. The mayor issue is something we are pushing because West Berkshire were not given the choice. The council ruled it out despite support from various organisations and respondants in the consultations, but all of those responses were ruled out because the Tories decided "that it wasn't a valid response".Let's not forget why we are suggesting the referendum in the first place, it's because the Tories fudged the consultation. But there is no point rushing something and then failing, it's always better to get it right first time (something the current council fail to do most often).

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Nov 1 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Nov 1 2011, 10:47 PM) *

Well, you demand answers - often with good grounds - so you must expect to deliver in the same vein.

Team of people defending WBC? Names?

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Nov 1 2011, 11:02 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Nov 1 2011, 10:57 PM) *
Well, you demand answers - often with good grounds - so you must expect to deliver in the same vein.

Team of people defending WBC? Names?

What I mean is that I have a life too, I can't be on here 24 / 7. As soon as I don't post for what must be a few hours, I'm accused of not answering questions. I always try to answer every question if it's possible to do so. The reason I get annoyed at Phil is because he very rarely answers any question posed to him.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:29 AM