Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbury Train Station, GWR, Network Rail, Shame Shame Shame
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2017, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

On January 20th 2016 I was coming home from work on the 1730 from Reading to Newbury. I had had a busy day and was looking forward to a good evening.

Whilst on the train the temperature dropped dramatically. I was well wrapped up though so thought no more of it...

I arrived at Newbury Station and on exiting the station stepped on a frozen metal pole which caused me to fall. Trying to save myself from falling into the Network rail pumps that have been there for what seems like forever I put my right arm out. Whack! Phew I thought as I lay on the frozen floor. Then I tried to move. Never felt pain like it... My shoulder was badly dislocated. I cannot describe the pain. It was worse than a broken bone.... Paramedics were called, clothes were cut off including a suit and overcoat. Morphine etc was given. 3 attempts it took to get it back in at the Royal Berks. Off work for weeks and having a permanent weakness now in my shoulder is nothing compared to trying to get justice...

I tried to stupidly get some compensation for this incident as it was clearly no fault of mine. 13 months later and having contacted GWR, Newbury Train Station, Network Rail I have now been fobbed off to West Berks Council. I guess l'll just have to sue the employees on duty that day as all the big companies no longer accept liablity for anything. In the words of the donald. SEE YOU IN COURT.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 11 2017, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Get ya lawyers on em! Sick em good!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 11 2017, 08:23 PM) *
Get ya lawyers on em! Sick em good!

Never had a penny off anyone in my life for anything. But when something does happen you hope that it would be straightforward to claim for something that has caused you a lot of pain, distress and expense. Not the case. I suppose if all else fails I can stand in front of a train. That would be a lot more expensive for GWR.
Who without doubt are at fault. Im so goddam angry. By the way I wont be standing in front of a train but Im beginning to understand why people do... Especially dealing with GWR. W@nkers.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 11 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Quick enough to take your money though angry.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 11 2017, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I wish you well of it.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2017, 09:04 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 11 2017, 08:47 PM) *
I wish you well of it.

Thanks chap.Needed a vent

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 11 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 11 2017, 08:40 PM) *
Never had a penny off anyone in my life for anything. But when something does happen you hope that it would be straightforward to claim for something that has caused you a lot of pain, distress and expense. Not the case. I suppose if all else fails I can stand in front of a train. That would be a lot more expensive for GWR.
Who without doubt are at fault. Im so goddam angry. By the way I wont be standing in front of a train but Im beginning to understand why people do... Especially dealing with GWR. W@nkers.

I'm sorry about your accident, not nice at all. However, if you're to get any money out of someone to compensate you for your injury you'll need to show that they were negligent in discharging their duty of care. From what you've said so far - stepping onto a frozen pavement which had frozen in a relatively sudden drop in temperature - I think you might struggle to show negligence. Best bet is probably to call one of those no-win-no-fee Jonnies as they'll see this kind of thing all the time and give you a good idea of your chances of success and represent you for free if they think you have a good claim.

Silly question probably, but you're not in a trades union are you, as they may well represent you in this.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 11 2017, 10:29 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Feb 11 2017, 09:35 PM) *
I'm sorry about your accident, not nice at all. However, if you're to get any money out of someone to compensate you for your injury you'll need to show that they were negligent in discharging their duty of care. From what you've said so far - stepping onto a frozen pavement which had frozen in a relatively sudden drop in temperature - I think you might struggle to show negligence. Best bet is probably to call one of those no-win-no-fee Jonnies as they'll see this kind of thing all the time and give you a good idea of your chances of success and represent you for free if they think you have a good claim.

Silly question probably, but you're not in a trades union are you, as they may well represent you in this.

Trade Union? Whats one of those?😮 Not a frozen pavement. A metal pole that had no place in an exit. Funnily enough it had been replaced by the next day by a rubber one and signs put up warning people.... Hopefully my accident has saved others. Shame shame shame though on these corporate scum. And people wonder why you end up with trump, le pen, brexit and co. I might even design a sign and stand outside Newbury Station. Might get some press...

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 12 2017, 08:09 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Sad to hear about your accident and the aftermath, I certainly hope the log jam you are in starts to clear very soon.

It's perhaps an object lesson for us all. First, those who carp on about 'elf n safety' and what a waste of time. All of us need to take risk assessments very seriously and properly consider what might happen. The issues with the pole could have been foreseen, but in our own lives and work environments we all know why 'those at the coal face' simply keep quiet. Second, the complaints process; again a society self inflicted wound. How often do we hear or see people complaining about what are really discomforts - even for stuff they've done themselves. Pop into Casualty at any Hospital Saturday evening. Clearly, not your case, and I wish you success, but we 'the me' generation have done you no favours.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 12 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

My aim is to ensure that I put enough people off travelling by train that I cost GWR more than they owe me. Much more.... They now have a war. One that I cannot win. But I can cause them damage and be a complete pain in the ****. Im going to encourage people to use other transport 24/7. Oh and I think Ill be really obtuse and act stupid. Ill block machines by pretending to not know how to use them and be vague when buying tickets. Sorry everyone. You are going to suffer now because of GWR. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Feb 12 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 12 2017, 07:49 PM) *
My aim is to ensure that I put enough people off travelling by train that I cost GWR more than they owe me. Much more.... They now have a war. One that I cannot win. But I can cause them damage and be a complete pain in the ****. Im going to encourage people to use other transport 24/7. Oh and I think Ill be really obtuse and act stupid. Ill block machines by pretending to not know how to use them and be vague when buying tickets. Sorry everyone. You are going to suffer now because of GWR. laugh.gif

Careful you may be declared vexatious! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 12 2017, 10:16 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Kick 'em in the profits, only language they understand.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 13 2017, 07:43 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 12 2017, 10:16 PM) *
Kick 'em in the profits, only language they understand.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/blog/2017...way-delay-repay

Good god. Service is run by Crapita. Crapita and GWR! I'm surprised any trains run at all and ANY complaints get answered...

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 14 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Got the names of the GWR employees on duty that day.
Got photos of before and after.
They deserve to lose the franchise.
Most expensive per mile in the EU.
Overcrowded.
Diabolical customer service run by #crapita
Electrification delayed.
Self service machines that dont offer value.
Self service machines that dont work.
Cheaper to buy numerous tickets for the same journey than one.
Trains delayed.
Trains cancelled.
Last minute platform changes.
Bull**** announcements about delays.
Rude staff.
Ignorant staff.
New Hitachi trains that never arrive.
Dirty trains.
Signalling failures.
Freight trains..
Late train crews.
Crap GWR train app where you cant buy the right ticket unless its a week in advance.
Cheaper diesel. More expensive journeys.
Losing the buffet cars.
Fatcat salaries.
And on and on.....

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 14 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

And I used to love those buffet cats! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 15 2017, 12:43 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 14 2017, 11:15 PM) *
Last minute platform changes.

And can't even be bothered to announce on the board of the platform it was due at. That caused me to lose my religion that did.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 15 2017, 07:28 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 14 2017, 11:56 PM) *
And I used to love those buffet cats! rolleyes.gif

Corrected.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 17 2017, 06:02 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Was going to be reply to the list of comments by TDH but changed my mind!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Feb 17 2017, 09:44 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 14 2017, 11:15 PM) *
Most expensive per mile in the EU.

Well, at least that one is going to change.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 17 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (blackdog @ Feb 17 2017, 09:44 AM) *
Well, at least that one is going to change.

Yes, once our contributions cease and the EU can't redistribute it to covertly subsidise Greek public transport etc.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

37 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:56 AM