> The Wharf this afternoon.
spartacus
post Jul 29 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jul 29 2009, 08:53 AM) *
I added my contribution to this thread in a direct and polite manner and made my point of which I am entitled to do as we all are. I did not resort to, and hope I am articulate enough not to have make insulting remarks as yours above.
hmmm.... yes but quite a few 'assumptions' being made in your polite posts weren't there? 'Not being managed properly','It's a pity that you don't do it in your time and not your employers' When all Bill said was he works for the council and everyone assumed he was posting while he worked....

Anyway......at least you didn't spit your dummy out so hard it hit it smashed your monitor, which probably proves you're not a spotty teenager.... tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jul 29 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andrea @ Jul 29 2009, 08:35 AM) *
The only perk VF employees really get now is green travel and cheaper (not cheap, but cheaper) monthly tariffs

"Our buzzing headquarters are set across seven offices, but they're far from separate. They are each spread over three airy, open-plan floors positioned around a central atrium. From here (and pretty much every window to be fair) the views are stunning. We're smack bang in the middle of parkland with more than 20,000 trees and countless shrubs. There are even ponds and a lake-side seating area for the restaurant's summer BBQs.

The grounds have been designed for flexibility and wireless working to boot. And even with more than 3,000 people working here, we've made sure we haven't missed out on the close-knit feel all our other sites benefits from too.

We've got a Pavilion (a large-capacity event space), recording studio, jogging (or walking if you prefer) track and a gym. There are also the coffee shops and restaurant that you would expect, and the Vodafone store you might not. We also make it easy to get here with a free commuter bus service for those living locally or coming into the local train station and even for those who want to nip into town at lunchtime."
http://careers.vodafone.co.uk/why-vodafone/newbury.html

You've proved my point...... The only 'perk' you see is the free travel, when in fact you get a fantastic working environment, recording studio, subsidised staff restaurant, gym, shop etc etc etc.... "But that just comes with the job"

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 29 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Sounds like the sort of environment a good employer provides for its staff. Nothing wrong with that.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 29 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jul 29 2009, 10:20 PM) *
You've proved my point...... The only 'perk' you see is the free travel, when in fact you get a fantastic working environment, recording studio, subsidised staff restaurant, gym, shop etc etc etc.... "But that just comes with the job"

As long as they decide to remain in Newbury, that is. Take it while ye may

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Jul 29 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

But hardly compares to the 'perk' of a parking space for council staff which is often dragged up and complained about. I don't even think they get parking spaces anyway do they?

Anyway...Is that the time?

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Jul 30 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (JeffG @ Jul 29 2009, 05:47 PM) *
Andrea, are you "Jill Public", or is that a special deal you get being a contractor? Because I am still on the old Vodafone 20 tariff (20 free mins and no texts) and pay more than that. Methinks a call to 191 is in order...

Contractors don't get deals for tariffs. That's just me being a normal member of the public. The reason being is I had an 18 month contract for £25 and my 18 months was up. Instead of renewing my contract and getting a new phone, I purchased a £30 pay as you talk phone and told them I didn't want to renew. Because of this they were able to half my tariff and my tariff can be cancelled at any time.

People just don't know that you can do that I suppose. I didn't know until they called me up about it!

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Jul 30 2009, 07:17 AM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (spartacus @ Jul 29 2009, 10:20 PM) *

What it doesn't say in there is that VF staff actually get charged for the use of that stuff. So although it's convenient, it's not exactly a perk like free parking for council staff.

And you missed my point. The reason why council staff parking is so controversial is because the tax payer are FORCED to fund it.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 30 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #128

Guests

Hello.

Just having a quick break.

Isn't it amazing where a thread about parking problems in the Wharf on Sunday afternoon can end up.....

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 30 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 30 2009, 10:57 AM) *
Hello.

Just having a quick break.

Isn't it amazing where a thread about parking problems in the Wharf on Sunday afternoon can end up.....

I know some won't agree; but I think that is the nature of the beast. I also don't think there is anything wrong with it. People can still carry on with the original topic if they want.

Good Morning Billy, I hope all is well? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 30 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #130

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Andrea @ Jul 30 2009, 08:17 AM) *
What it doesn't say in there is that VF staff actually get charged for the use of that stuff. So although it's convenient, it's not exactly a perk like free parking for council staff.

And you missed my point. The reason why council staff parking is so controversial is because the tax payer are FORCED to fund it.

I agree with your point, but I bet you don't pay full whack for the gym, the restaurant and all the other things do you? Therefore it is still a perk. And VF customers are forced to pay for it through extortionate bills (and VF have been done for price fixing - twice), and you can't just go elsewhere because you're on a contract.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 31 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

To be honest there is still a lot of free parking around Newbury Town if you are prepared to look.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:44 AM