Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Body Found, Womens body found in curnock court
Lestat
post Aug 25 2011, 10:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,646

Can Anyone she any light into the body of a women that was found in flats on curnock court back on april 4th, i have checked different sitesd relating to this matter but keep getting same results, nothing has come about of the reasons of her death, they say a post mortem has been carried out but they never published what they had found.

Im asking as i maybe be moving there, but i have heard bout all the drug raids, armed police, and the women found in her flat there.

Would appreciate any feedback as possible, thank you smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 25 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

There are a couple of places in Newbury to avoid. We are quite lucky that we only have a few, but Curnock Court is one of them. Pigeons Farm road is another. We have some rough areas about but they are just rough, my two examples I consider to pass rough and be dangerous.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 25 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 25 2011, 05:33 PM) *
Pigeons Farm road is another.

I have given a lift to a lady from there a few times, and she says it has improved a lot lately. Mind you, there always seems to be a police van parked up there.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 25 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I think 'troubled estates' goes in cycles.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 25 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 25 2011, 07:34 PM) *
I have given a lift to a lady from there a few times, and she says it has improved a lot lately. Mind you, there always seems to be a police van parked up there.

I get the impression that some of the places that seem bad (St Georges Avenue, Skylings etc) do have a sense of community and not pooping on your own doorstep. The two examples I mention don't seem to have that, but the council and the police have invested a lot of time and money trying to change that, so I hope your lady is right.

+Quote Post
Lestat
post Aug 25 2011, 07:56 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 4,646

iv heard of a few more places to avoid, but have no clue to where they actually are, pigeons farm, sky something, cheap street, pound street, bartholomew street, town centre, some parts of greenham, st johns road and couple others, but nice places iv heard of are near speen or west of newbury towardss hungerford way? the places iv been told are places im looking to live. im actually quite shocked at how dangerous newbury actually is, its so deceiving when visiting, the town is gorgeous is in the day time with shoppers doing their thing, and it also seems newbury has a system, in which u have the chav days on a tuesday and thursday, and other days, u have posh people and normal, its liek they have an agreed arrangment. but when 4.30-5pm hits they all come out of hiding and trouble soon starts, iv just moved from reading and it was always very mixed as reading is very multicultural anyway. its just a shame a gorgeous small town like newbury has been tainted by mindless groups/individuals intent on causing as much violence/damage as possible. i was looking to move to curnock court, but i did some reviews on that area and i cant understand why the council would want to put anyone with a child there knowing of its serious reputation is completely beyond me.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 25 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I would just bear in mind that they are bad places for Newbury, I am sure there are far worse places in other towns.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 25 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Regrettably, 'beggars can't be choosers'. Newbury is like Reading, but on a smaller scale. You could move somewhere fine, then at some point you get the 'neighbours from héll'.

For those who are easily offended, 'neighbours from héll' refers to neighbours who behave anti socially and not people who literally come from the home of Satan.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 25 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 25 2011, 09:18 PM) *
Regrettably, 'beggars can't be choosers'. Newbury is like Reading, but on a smaller scale. You could move somewhere fine, then at some point you get the 'neighbours from héll'.

For those who are easily offended, 'neighbours from héll' refers to neighbours who behave anti socially and not people who literally come from the home of Satan.

You are right. Imagine having me as a neighbour Andy!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 25 2011, 08:58 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 25 2011, 09:57 PM) *
You are right. Imagine having me as a neighbour Andy!

I think I do!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 30 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 25 2011, 09:06 PM) *
I would just bear in mind that they are bad places for Newbury, I am sure there are far worse places in other towns.

Not so sure. This place is really the pits of the earth.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/Article...articleID=15240

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/Article...articleID=17533

http://forum.newburytoday.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=750

http://www.nwnonline.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=13644

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 30 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

I read somewhere (can't find the reference now) that the name was taken from an old document. It should have been Kystle Court, but someone from the Council read a long s ( ſ ) as an 'f'.

+Quote Post
pinkfluffyclouds
post Sep 16 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 881

We used to live at Curnock Court and were there from the very beginning when the flats were newly built. We moved out after 2 years as we needed a bigger property and so were lucky enough to get a house. When we lived there it was lovely - great neighbours and no problems whatsoever (apart from one guy who would play loud music occasionally late at night). Since we (and quite a few of the other original tenants) have moved out it really does seem to have gone downhill with the drug dealing that is being carried out. It is sad as it is a lost community.

+Quote Post
Blue
post Sep 16 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,859

This is Curnock Court opposite the old Wormstall part of St Barts??

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 16 2011, 08:05 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Yes - or what remains of Wormestall.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 07:54 PM