IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nigel Farage to stand as UKIP's candidate in Newbury?
blackdog
post May 1 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE (motormad @ May 1 2014, 11:03 AM) *

Hardly a ban - more a localised attempt to flog more product. If you run a food outlet in a predominantly muslim area it makes sense to serve halal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post May 1 2014, 10:24 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,234

QUOTE (motormad @ May 1 2014, 01:47 AM) *
I'm neither racist nor xenophobic

Clearly.

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post May 1 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

QUOTE (blackdog @ May 1 2014, 11:10 AM) *
Hardly a ban - more a localised attempt to flog more product. If you run a food outlet in a predominantly muslim area it makes sense to serve halal.

It's a policy Subway have been following since 2007. Funny how the Daily Hate bring it up now. Presumably they are assuming their readership haven't got the brains to work out a simple business decision or the knowledge that it's a business model that's been used for 7 years.

All they're doing is pandering to their unthinking readers.

+Quote Post
motormad
post May 1 2014, 11:14 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ May 1 2014, 11:24 AM) *
Clearly.

If you have an accusation to make and you can back it up, I would love to hear you state your point.

Otherwise, if you're just going to insinuate something that I take quite seriously, I would recommend you do one. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (blackdog @ May 1 2014, 11:10 AM) *

It makes absolutely no difference to me at all. Soon brings out the BNP brigade on my Facebook feed though...
I can see it from both sides and I wouldn't care if I got turkey. It's hardly that Subway is well known for it's high quality ingredients anyway...

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post May 1 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (motormad @ May 1 2014, 12:14 PM) *
If you have an accusation to make and you can back it up, I would love to hear you state your point.

Otherwise, if you're just going to insinuate something that I take quite seriously, I would recommend you do one. rolleyes.gif

It makes absolutely no difference to me at all. Soon brings out the BNP brigade on my Facebook feed though...
I can see it from both sides and I wouldn't care if I got turkey. It's hardly that Subway is well known for it's high quality ingredients anyway...

3663 supply Subway, along with the ministry of Justice, schools,councils and many other companies. They also fed the atheletes during the olympics!!

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
motormad
post May 1 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Oh, yeah. I see smile.gif

But I suspect there is different product lines available and I doubt the quality of food for the Olympics is the same as what you can buy at Subway, just like Tescos Basic and Finest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post May 1 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (motormad @ May 1 2014, 12:14 PM) *

I don't think he / she has to. You said yourself that you were only interested in UKIP because you wanted out of Europe. You also said yourself that you weren't racist.

You then, having said that, felt the need to bring to people's attention the selling of Hal Al meat in a few Subway branches. Nothing to do with your stated reason for supporting UKIP is it? Nothing to do with Farage standing in Newbury (the original post) is it? No. You, as a 'non-racist' just felt you had to bring it up for apparently absolutely no reason at all. (You even called it a 'ban') Maybe it just kinda accidentally slipped out?

I think we've seen enough here for many of us to make our own judgements about some of your views. Thank you.

+Quote Post
motormad
post May 1 2014, 12:27 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Sorry, that's incorrect logic. So much for "smarter" brother.

Being out of Europe is not racist at all. I do not think that EU law should be applied to our country just because we are part of the EU group at large. We have had lots of other EU debate threads on this issue where my problems have been raised.

And I'm sorry but everyone by now has heard about the whole meat issue at Subway, if you haven't then you have no life as it's on everyones Facebook Walls. Except mine.

Make your own judgements. I don't really care to be honest! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 1 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Rusty Bullet @ May 1 2014, 11:30 AM) *
All they're doing is pandering to their unthinking readers.

That's an awful lot of people who "don't think".
I always think the Daily Star is more suitable for those who enjoy an informative and contemplative read! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
pbonnay
post May 1 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,791

In 1973 I was all for joining the EEC, or "Common Market". We were told it was all about trade and cooperation on business.

Fast forward to today and there is now a federal style government, a common European currency, and more new laws, taxes and policies than you can shake a stick at. All new legislation by our own Parliament has to be in accordance with, and subject to trumping by, EU law.

Most people can name the important members of our own Executive, but how many could name the MEPs and all the other officials who, day in, day out, decide on new legislation that affects us?

Rather than the UK leave, I would rather see a hugely reformed and much smaller EU machine, but that is not going to happen. It is too big a gravy train for the political class.

So I can see why people are attracted to UKIP. Many of the allegations made against those who want out of the EU, are the same that were made against people who said the Euro was a bad idea.

+Quote Post
user23
post May 1 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (motormad @ May 1 2014, 12:27 PM) *
Sorry, that's incorrect logic. So much for "smarter" brother.

Being out of Europe is not racist at all. I do not think that EU law should be applied to our country just because we are part of the EU group at large. We have had lots of other EU debate threads on this issue where my problems have been raised.

And I'm sorry but everyone by now has heard about the whole meat issue at Subway, if you haven't then you have no life as it's on everyones Facebook Walls. Except mine.

Make your own judgements. I don't really care to be honest! smile.gif
No one's said you're a racist, you just keep saying you're not, for some reason.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post May 1 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Well, here's one who Subway will never see as a customer, then. I would never knowingly eat Halal meat. Obviously the laws we have in this country against animal cruelty do not apply to certain sections of the population.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 1 2014, 07:10 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ May 1 2014, 08:06 PM) *
Well, here's one who Subway will never see as a customer, then. I would never knowingly eat Halal meat. Obviously the laws we have in this country against animal cruelty do not apply to certain sections of the population.

Couldn't agree more Jeff and well said.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 1 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ May 1 2014, 07:46 PM) *
No one's said you're a racist, you just keep saying you're not, for some reason.

Squelchy said that UKIP "panders to racists". MM said he would vote UKIP if he voted which he doesn't.
The association is there??? blink.gif

+Quote Post
user23
post May 1 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 1 2014, 07:11 PM) *
Squelchy said that UKIP "panders to racists". MM said he would vote UKIP if he voted which he doesn't.
The association is there??? blink.gif
Pandas are incapable of racism as they're both black and white. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post May 1 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 1 2014, 07:53 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (JeffG @ May 1 2014, 08:06 PM) *

I half agree with you, although I have no confidence that 'our' meat is always produced with little animal cruelty.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 1 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 1 2014, 08:53 PM) *
I half agree with you, although I have no confidence that 'our' meat is always produced with little animal cruelty.

Would you rather be stunned before you were killed or have your throat cut while conscious?
Whoopps, off topic YET AGAIN! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 1 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 1 2014, 08:55 PM) *
Would you rather be stunned before you were killed or have your throat cut while conscious?
Whoopps, off topic YET AGAIN! sad.gif

OK, I'll put it another way: what happens when the cameras are not rolling. And this is not withstanding provenance of 'our' meat.

+Quote Post
motormad
post May 1 2014, 08:48 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ May 1 2014, 08:21 PM) *
Pandas are incapable of racism as they're both black and white. wink.gif

Ha! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:01 AM