Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Was Corbyn really a spy?
x2lls
post Feb 18 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

We all know that many news media outlets imply by omission The online world is currently splattered with the story of alleged historic misbehavior by Corbyn dealing with people who didn't have our best interests at heart.

I await with baited breath for any mention on the BBC. (None so far, but I'm sure a mention will be forthcoming, eventually, in news timescales)
I assume they are just doing their homework before publishing any reports. After all, they must remain to be seen as impartial.

Google search "bbc corbyn Russian spy" = Naff all.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 18 2018, 09:46 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Maybe, but remember the 'Mail on line' is seen in the same light as National Equirer stateside. I'm waiting for the Corbyn is an alien story and his house gets visits from UFOs!

Still it sells papers, Sunny Harmsworth would be proud!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Feb 18 2018, 10:24 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 18 2018, 09:46 AM) *
Maybe, but remember the 'Mail on line' is seen in the same light as National Equirer stateside. I'm waiting for the Corbyn is an alien story and his house gets visits from UFOs!

Still it sells papers, Sunny Harmsworth would be proud!

Take your pick,
Express, Telegraph, Independent, Metro, Newstatesmen, Mirror, The Sun, Politico.eu. And many more.

Oh! You did

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 18 2018, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

When stories such as this fill the column inches one wonders why it should be deemed so questionable? For years the labour party considered the communist doctrine as the political bible and little doubt the politburo used it to their advantage. This doesn't mean JC is/was a spy anymore than certain right wing tories who cosied up to dictators were intent on world domination but once again it detracts from the real issues of the day.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 18 2018, 12:21 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

So what we're saying, basically, is that Glasto Jeremy, Saint Corbyn not only had links as a supporter of the IRA, Hamas and the like, is a vocal supporter of the regime in Venezuela but also during the cold war acted as a spy for the Communists? Really, why am I not surprised. Still, deffo the man you can trust to run the country, I mean, what could possibly go wrong?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 18 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I suppose the right wing press found the Zinoviev(?) worked back in the 1920s so why drop a good technique. Nothing new here at all; yet we fall for it, every time, hook,line and sinker! Of course, politicians do mix with horrible people and regimes, but it's worth understanding the whole picture. I'm sure Lord Harmsworths columns praising Herr Hitler right up to September 1939 where as misrepresented as Lord Londonderrys overtures at the same time.

No, frankly, I don't believe any of the mainstream media without independent verification. If you think Messrs Murdoch, Dacre and their ilk gaurentee press impartiality and honest reporting then you are sadly mistaken.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 18 2018, 12:35 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Just when you think it can't get worse he goes to prove just how much he really can't be trusted:

"Mr Corbyn risked further questions about his patriotism when he predicted Brazil or Germany would win this summer’s World Cup in Russia."

"The Arsenal fan told the COPA90 soccer fan YouTube channel: "I would love to say England (will win) but I doubt it. Brazil or Germany."

Oh the infamy! The shame!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 18 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Feb 18 2018, 11:03 AM) *
When stories such as this fill the column inches one wonders why it should be deemed so questionable? For years the labour party considered the communist doctrine as the political bible and little doubt the politburo used it to their advantage. This doesn't mean JC is/was a spy anymore than certain right wing tories who cosied up to dictators were intent on world domination but once again it detracts from the real issues of the day.

Slight rewrite of history there Sir William! Too much Arthur Bryant at Eaton!

Ironically, Stafford Cripps got himself expelled even for suggesting an informal link up, a popular front, at the end of the 30s. Even modern Labour history is littered with what some regard as witch hunts against communists.

It's probably quite healthy, after all, the Conservatives have a record of ridding itself of troublesome doctrinaire people; expelling Britain First and even kippers!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 18 2018, 01:01 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 18 2018, 12:34 PM) *
I suppose the right wing press found the Zinoviev(?) worked back in the 1920s so why drop a good technique. Nothing new here at all; yet we fall for it, every time, hook,line and sinker! Of course, politicians do mix with horrible people and regimes, but it's worth understanding the whole picture. I'm sure Lord Harmsworths columns praising Herr Hitler right up to September 1939 where as misrepresented as Lord Londonderrys overtures at the same time.

No, frankly, I don't believe any of the mainstream media without independent verification. If you think Messrs Murdoch, Dacre and their ilk gaurentee press impartiality and honest reporting then you are sadly mistaken.

What I find laughable is that as soon as there is the slightest wisp of a story that a Tory might be implicated in anything, the loony left is all over it like a pit bull on a kitten, the guardian is waved around like the new testament and it is a FACT! No debate, no leeway and certainly no talk of looking at the bigger picture. But something comes out against a member of the politburo and it's immediately shouted down. So no impartiality there then!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Feb 18 2018, 01:22 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
But it sounds the sort of thing an over privileged young man who's parents indoctrinated him to hate Britain would do though.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 18 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 18 2018, 01:01 PM) *
What I find laughable is that as soon as there is the slightest wisp of a story that a Tory might be implicated in anything, the loony left is all over it like a pit bull on a kitten, the guardian is waved around like the new testament and it is a FACT! No debate, no leeway and certainly no talk of looking at the bigger picture. But something comes out against a member of the politburo and it's immediately shouted down. So no impartiality there then!

Cobblers, Corbyn has had the press and his own party on his back. The only bias hysterics is yours.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 19 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

I'm sure he was wholly innocent but the number of influential Tories who rush in whenever the late 'Sir Teddy Heath' is subject to media or any other scrutiny. Without doubt a strange character who'd gone from quite a humble background to quite enormous wealth. Great friend of the previous Chinese regimes apparently. Wonder what today's grandees are really trying to hide? Makes me think even with the hype, Corbyn is a lightweight.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 19 2018, 09:46 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I wouldn’t put it past Corbyn et al.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 20 2018, 12:24 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Feb 18 2018, 01:22 PM) *
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
But it sounds the sort of thing an over privileged young man who's parents indoctrinated him to hate Britain would do though.

Exactly, we all know he's **** bent on bringing Britain down, always has been. Mind you, at his age maybe mother nature will solve that problem for us sooner rather than later. smile.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 20 2018, 08:02 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 20 2018, 12:24 AM) *
Exactly, we all know he's **** bent on bringing Britain down, always has been. Mind you, at his age maybe mother nature will solve that problem for us sooner rather than later. smile.gif

Yep, but he's up front about it. More than can be said about Vincy, the doyen of the LibDims who simply realised you just needed to pretend. A viper pretending to be a grass snake. Lessons of engagement, never drop your guard concentrating on single fronts.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 20 2018, 08:55 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

End of the day it's only what you'd expect from him and his I'll. Hardly makes him Kim Philby though. Apparently one of his wrongdoings was to show his contact a newspaper article, oh Rly? That's hardly going to shake the running dogs of western capitalism in their shoes is it? More Basildon Bond than James Bond!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 21 2018, 11:12 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

From 'The Week'

'Jeremy Corbyn has dismissed “ridiculous smears” linking him to a communist Cold War spy by releasing a video warning media owners that “change is coming” - a message that has been criticised as a chilling attack on Britain’s free press. '

Typical fascist behaviour!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 21 2018, 11:12 AM) *
From 'The Week'

'Jeremy Corbyn has dismissed “ridiculous smears” linking him to a communist Cold War spy by releasing a video warning media owners that “change is coming” - a message that has been criticised as a chilling attack on Britain’s free press. '

Typical fascist behaviour!

As is being in bed with the media.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Feb 21 2018, 12:18 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 21 2018, 11:55 AM) *
As is being in bed with the media.

Like he is with the Guardian?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Feb 21 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 21 2018, 12:18 PM) *
Like he is with the Guardian?

Let's not forget Diane Abbott............... wink.gif ...........Allegedly.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:09 AM