IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Local Council Elections, Is anyone on here actually voting?
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 30 2019, 08:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

..... and if so... who the **** for?
Its not like Lord Buckethead is standing..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 30 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 30 2019, 09:58 PM) *
..... and if so... who the **** for?
Its not like Lord Buckethead is standing..

Find the most unlikely candidate and vote for them. If everyone voted for JR Soapstone (equal rights for Owls party) someone, somewhere might just get the message!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 30 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 30 2019, 10:02 PM) *
Find the most unlikely candidate and vote for them. If everyone voted for JR Soapstone (equal rights for Owls party) someone, somewhere might just get the message!

I would but I can't...

http://decisionmaking.westberks.gov.uk/mgE...mp;RPID=9612395

Guess I'll just have to spoil with a few words...

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 1 2019, 07:33 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 30 2019, 10:02 PM) *

That's what Pat recommends we do!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post May 1 2019, 08:00 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 1 2019, 08:33 AM) *

Doesn't sit on the fence does he. laugh.gif Be interesting to see what happens but my pension is a continuation of the status quo. Never mind there is always next time. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post May 1 2019, 08:16 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 1 2019, 08:33 AM) *

He’s right in one respect. The world is laughing at us and our Neanderthal population. Watch JRM live on Facebook and gammon watch. Rarely do we see a properly formed sentence. It’s mostly “WTO NOW!” despite the fact they don’t have an O level between them, let alone an Economics one. Turkeys voting for Christmas. Gobble, gobble.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 1 2019, 09:09 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

What I do find interesting with this particular election is that the Liberal Democrats have failed to find enough candidates to challenge all the seats whereas Labour have.

Conservatives have also, but that's a given really. For years we have been told that Labour can't win here, but now they could and seem to have a decent amount of support. That's quite a change as one of the reasons they couldn't win before was simpy because there wasn't anyone standing!

As for my personal vote, I am so torn. I only have the three major parties to choose from so I might just go and draw a big c0ck on the paper. And balls obviously.

+Quote Post
newres
post May 1 2019, 09:44 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Strafin @ May 1 2019, 10:09 AM) *
What I do find interesting with this particular election is that the Liberal Democrats have failed to find enough candidates to challenge all the seats whereas Labour have.

Conservatives have also, but that's a given really. For years we have been told that Labour can't win here, but now they could and seem to have a decent amount of support. That's quite a change as one of the reasons they couldn't win before was simpy because there wasn't anyone standing!

As for my personal vote, I am so torn. I only have the three major parties to choose from so I might just go and draw a big c0ck on the paper. And balls obviously.

I think the sensible thing to do is to be concerned only with local issues. I’ll probably vote Green even though our candidate is a bit of a knob.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 1 2019, 11:15 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

My own personal prediction is that both Tory and labour parties take a drubbing, many, many people are now thoroughly fed up with the lies and infighting from both camps.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 1 2019, 11:24 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ May 1 2019, 09:16 AM) *
He’s right in one respect. The world is laughing at us and our Neanderthal population. Watch JRM live on Facebook and gammon watch. Rarely do we see a properly formed sentence. It’s mostly “WTO NOW!” despite the fact they don’t have an O level between them, let alone an Economics one. Turkeys voting for Christmas. Gobble, gobble.

Hmm, JRM, no O level, hmm, let's see. Oh yes, educated at Eton college. Second class honours degree at Trinity college. Learned to read company reports and balance sheets at the age of ten when he started investing in the stock market. (Note please that that's a proper degree, not a Billy Liar degree).

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 1 2019, 11:37 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 1 2019, 12:24 PM) *
Hmm, JRM, no O level, hmm, let's see. Oh yes, educated at Eton college. Second class honours degree at Trinity college. Learned to read company reports and balance sheets at the age of ten when he started investing in the stock market. (Note please that that's a proper degree, not a Billy Liar degree).

But he is a brexiteer so he must be a thick racist. Newres says so.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 1 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

Got to be Liberal Democrats for me in the local elections. Slightly torn between them and Change UK in the upcoming European elections though.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 1 2019, 11:41 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ May 1 2019, 10:09 AM) *

I don't thing a c0ck and balls is strong enough. I'd wipe my a$$ on it. It will be interesting to see the number of "spoiled" or possibly "solied" ballot papers.. I believe it will be a record percentage.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 1 2019, 11:43 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 1 2019, 12:24 PM) *

That just makes him an educated fool with money on his mind, as Coolio once said.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 1 2019, 11:45 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 1 2019, 12:41 PM) *
I don't thing a c0ck and balls is strong enough. I'd wipe my a$$ on it. It will be interesting to see the number of "spoiled" or possibly "solied" ballot papers.. I believe it will be a record percentage.

Never understood why anyone would take the effort to get to a polling station only to spoil their ballot paper. Unless you're newres of course, they don't take kindly to people scribbling on the papers with a Crayola.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 1 2019, 11:46 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 1 2019, 12:41 PM) *

I'm more interested in whether you will be prepared to eat your words if that is not the case.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 1 2019, 11:48 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 1 2019, 12:43 PM) *
That just makes him an educated fool with money on his mind, as Coolio once said.

Ah yes, Plato, Sophocles, Aristotle and of course, Coolio, one of the great thinkers of this or any other time.

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post May 1 2019, 11:58 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ May 1 2019, 12:48 PM) *
Ah yes, Plato, Sophocles, Aristotle and of course, Coolio, one of the great thinkers of this or any other time.

You may mock but there is actually quite a lot of philosophising going on in Gangsta's Paradise, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta%27s_Paradise#Synopsis

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post May 1 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 1 2019, 12:58 PM) *
You may mock but there is actually quite a lot of philosophising going on in Gangsta's Paradise, for example:

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 1 2019, 12:03 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ May 1 2019, 12:58 PM) *

Yeah, someone else who shouts about the evil of money and greed, on his way to the bank. Coolio 🤣🤣🤣

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:19 AM