Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sainsburys again, or how to cross the road safely
lordtup
post Nov 13 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 164

I had just popped into Sainsburys for a bit of shopping and was returning via the zebra crossing by the upper level ramp when a descending motorist on her mobile nearly cut short my life expectancy .

While remonstrating with this intellectually challenged bovine ,a driver going in the other direction saw fit to blow his horn at me .

Any conspiracy theorists out there care to comment ? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Nov 13 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (lordtup @ Nov 13 2009, 08:36 PM) *
I had just popped into Sainsburys for a bit of shopping and was returning via the zebra crossing by the upper level ramp when a descending motorist on her mobile nearly cut short my life expectancy .

While remonstrating with this intellectually challenged bovine ,a driver going in the other direction saw fit to blow his horn at me .

Any conspiracy theorists out there care to comment ? rolleyes.gif

In parking the Daimler, were you guided in by those characters with the light sticks? Almost like taxying in with a York....

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 14 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Yes, it does have the look and feel of a major airport. As much of the delivered stock is parked on the shop floor - wonder what is going in the large spaces that are 'behind the doors'. Ever seen the 'Men in Black' - that might explain things. Might also explain much else about Newbury and why such a terminal is needed...

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Nov 14 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #4

Guests

http://forum.newburytoday.co.uk/index.php?...p;hl=Sainsburys

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 14 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (lordtup @ Nov 13 2009, 08:36 PM) *
rolleyes.gif

It's amazing isn't it how many people still break the law and put other peoples lives in danger by using mobile phones when driving?
Can some people these days not live their lives without one permanently glued to their ear?

The worst is on trains where the world and his wife are permanently fixated with talking on the phone.
The quiet carriage cuts this down by about 2/3 but it is still rife even in there. sad.gif

Come on, some of you must contribute to this site.
Why is it that important to phone while driving or in the quiet carriage of a train?
(Your anonymity will be preserved! tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
regor
post Nov 14 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

We should embrace the spirit of the age, rejoice in double think and perversity of decision.

In that light I fear lordtup should have been charged with loitering with intent whilst in possession of a zebra crossing

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Nov 14 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

QUOTE (regor @ Nov 14 2009, 12:14 PM) *
We should embrace the spirit of the age, rejoice in double think and perversity of decision.

In that light I fear lordtup should have been charged with loitering with intent whilst in possession of a zebra crossing

I believe I am correct in thinking that , as a wild animal ,accompanying a zebra to the local supermarket does not constitute a criminal act providing it is kept on a lead.

As for loitering with said beast , well this is a family forum . rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Nov 15 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (lordtup @ Nov 14 2009, 02:51 PM) *
I believe I am correct in thinking that , as a wild animal ,accompanying a zebra to the local supermarket does not constitute a criminal act providing it is kept on a lead.

As for loitering with said beast , well this is a family forum . rolleyes.gif

If you insist on parading around accompanied by a black & white striped equine then you can only expect adverse reactions from drivers, even those few who are without a mobile attached to their ear! wink.gif

(Phone that is.....not the ones that dangle over baby's cots)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:44 AM