> Allotments on the One Show, Greenwich allotmenteers fight 200% rent hike
Andy Capp
post Mar 4 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (panda @ Mar 4 2011, 11:49 AM) *
The problem i have is that you tell only half the story, tell only half the facts and are misleading people on here. You tell people only what YOU want them them to hear.

If you know 'better', then perhaps now is the opportunity to 'put the record straight'. Otherwise you are no better than what you accuse Simon Kirkby of being.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 4 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

Come on Councillor, let's have your evidence.

Not so easy to control dissent in a public forum is it. You should have stuck to intimidating grieving mothers.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Mar 4 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 4 2011, 07:31 PM) *

Not so easy to control dissent in a public forum is it. You should have stuck to intimidating grieving mothers.

I think that you should ignore Panda, as somone has already suggested. I take the view that all he wants is to wind you up and I suspect he is winning. He accuses you of turning everything into a post about allotments when in fact the only subject that he has actually posted on is allotments. Most of his posts are just nonsense so if, as you believe, he is a Town councillor, all I can say is "Lawd help us".

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 4 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Mar 4 2011, 07:57 PM) *
I think that you should ignore Panda, as somone has already suggested. I take the view that all he wants is to wind you up and I suspect he is winning. He accuses you of turning everything into a post about allotments when in fact the only subject that he has actually posted on is allotments. Most of his posts are just nonsense so if, as you believe, he is a Town councillor, all I can say is "Lawd help us".

Thanks Exhausted, you're right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 5 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Mar 4 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Yes Simon Don't Panda to the winding up? tongue.gif

It is so easy to disparage posters but it is very hard to produce factual evidence to prove them completely wrong?
Most of the time it seems you have to have a gut feeling that someone is telling the truth or otherwise and just go with it until such times as facts are substantiated? Only problem is it is very hard to get the substantiated facts especially when it relates to the business of the local authorities. Until such time as we have transparency in the business of the local authorities then every thing they do will have to be questioned in minute detail? wink.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Mar 5 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Mar 5 2011, 10:10 AM) *
Yes Simon Don't Panda to the winding up? tongue.gif

It is so easy to disparage posters but it is very hard to produce factual evidence to prove them completely wrong?
Most of the time it seems you have to have a gut feeling that someone is telling the truth or otherwise and just go with it until such times as facts are substantiated? Only problem is it is very hard to get the substantiated facts especially when it relates to the business of the local authorities. Until such time as we have transparency in the business of the local authorities then every thing they do will have to be questioned in minute detail? wink.gif

Everything? Hope not!
Minute detail? Likewise....

I prefer to look at any political-based statement and se how it pans out with my gut feelings - as you say so correctly - and then the more I find the source was using weasel-words the less faith I have in any future statements.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 5 2011, 10:26 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Mar 5 2011, 10:20 AM) *
Everything? Hope not!
Minute detail? Likewise....

I prefer to look at any political-based statement and se how it pans out with my gut feelings - as you say so correctly - and then the more I find the source was using weasel-words the less faith I have in any future statements.

So no faith in any posters then? Until proven otherwise? tongue.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Mar 5 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Mar 5 2011, 10:26 AM) *
So no faith in any posters then? Until proven otherwise? tongue.gif

Some... wink.gif

+Quote Post
panda
post Mar 5 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,985

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 4 2011, 07:31 PM) *

In fact I am an allotment tenent, so the sooner you get kicked off your plot the better. Nobody wants to hear your crackpot ideas. Not evan the allotment society in which you were kicked off the committe

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 5 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (panda @ Mar 5 2011, 06:01 PM) *
In fact I am an allotment tenent, so the sooner you get kicked off your plot the better. Nobody wants to hear your crackpot ideas. Not evan the allotment society in which you were kicked off the committe

What crack-pot ideas are they? I'm a council tax payer, and his ideas seem good to me. Especially if they involve reducing our council tax subsidy to your past-time.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 5 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

You raise a couple of issues.

Firstly I resigned from the committee, it was entirely my decision, and there was not the slightest hint or suggestion from the committee that I should do so. You assertion that I was "kicked off" is malicious and without foundation in fact.

Here is my letter of resignation from 25 March.
Hi All

The Council appear to have backed down on the flag and have told me that there is no threat of eviction, so that's good. Marion was kind enough to write a note of support saying how my flag was unique and that no one had a problem with it, and I'm sure that made it much easier for the council to do the right thing, so thanks Marion.

However, I'm resigning from the Committee. While I'm involved we hold each other back. I hope you understand. If you're interested in fighting the rent increase let me know, because I haven't given up on that.

Let me know if someone wants to take over the administration of the web site or I'll suspend it if you'd prefer.

Cheers, Simon

Secondly, would you like to discuss which of my ideas you believe to be crackpot, and why? It's your chance to put the other side of the story, so fill your boots.

Lastly, why would you ever be glad for a fellow allotmenteer to be kicked off their plot? If you know me then you'll know how important my allotment is to me. Why would you want me to be evicted? What have I done to hurt you? Tell me this isn't all about locking the site gate?

--------------------

+Quote Post
the bloke on the...
post Mar 5 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,275

why would an allotment tenant want another kicked off?

with posts like that, it's no wonder your species seldom mates. smile.gif

--------------------
you couldn't make it up!

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 5 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 5 2011, 07:21 PM) *
You raise a couple of issues.

Firstly I resigned from the committee, it was entirely my decision, and there was not the slightest hint or suggestion from the committee that I should do so. You assertion that I was "kicked off" is malicious and without foundation in fact.

Here is my letter of resignation from 25 March.

Secondly, would you like to discuss which of my ideas you believe to be crackpot, and why? It's your chance to put the other side of the story, so fill your boots.

Lastly, why would you ever be glad for a fellow allotmenteer to be kicked off their plot? If you know me then you'll know how important my allotment is to me. Why would you want me to be evicted? What have I done to hurt you? Tell me this isn't all about locking the site gate?

As a taxpayer who knows there has to be cuts I await Panda's revelations on Simon's crackpot ideas. Instead of cutting essential services to the vulnerable, I would rather cut services to someone,s hobby,if the handing over of running the allotments to a society would save a lot of taxpayers money and see the services improve then I fail to see what is so wrong with Simon's proposals? Any way looking forward to an established allotmenteers arguments why this is wrong? So over to you Panda!

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 5 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

I suggest that panda is a liar. A liar who wants to smear Simon Kirkby.

+Quote Post
Bofem
post Mar 6 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 924

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 5 2011, 09:31 PM) *
I suggest that panda is a liar. A liar who wants to smear Simon Kirkby.

Liar or not, certainly a nasty piece of work.

I suggest a courgette where the sun don't shine wink.gif

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 6 2011, 01:44 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bofem @ Mar 6 2011, 08:29 AM) *
Liar or not, certainly a nasty piece of work.

I suggest a courgette where the sun don't shine wink.gif

Shush! Be quiet! I am waiting for the revelations of Simon's crackpot ideas from Panda?

Panda where for art thou Panda? wink.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 6 2011, 07:43 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Mar 6 2011, 01:44 PM) *
I am waiting for the revelations of Simon's crackpot ideas

In my defence I would like to make it clear that I grow neither crack nor pot on my allotment. Well, maybe a little weed, but that's it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
panda
post Mar 7 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,985

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Mar 6 2011, 07:43 PM) *
In my defence I would like to make it clear that I grow neither crack nor pot on my allotment. Well, maybe a little weed, but that's it.

Yes you have a nice plot. Do you use horse manure or is it bullsh*t you use all the time.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Mar 7 2011, 06:45 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (panda @ Mar 7 2011, 06:38 PM) *
Yes you have a nice plot. Do you use horse manure or is it bullsh*t you use all the time.

Is this part of the revelations you were going to reveal to us to prove Simon had crackpot ideas?

Come on Panda you have committed yourself now; either put up or shut up? wink.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 7 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

I don't like to do it, but I have reported this 'panda' person to the mods. Hopefully they will rid us of him.

+Quote Post

44 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:21 PM