Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spotted Dog Bere Fest
Iommi
post Apr 3 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Weather was crap, but the bands were good, better than Newbury's gig anyway. While I'm at it, the cider was great, unlike the Newbury Fest as well. BTW - I saw Brewerwhatshisface there as well. He obviously realised his mistake getting late to Newbury's one last year! Good day...bar the weather! tongue.gif

I did correct the spelling for 'beer' (I should know how to spell it by now!), but this site doesn't allow title correction! tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Newbury Expat_*
post Apr 3 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #2

Guests

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 3 2010, 01:47 PM) *
Weather was crap, but the bands were good, better than Newbury's gig anyway. While I'm at it, the cider was great, unlike the Newbury fest as well. BTW - I saw Brewerwhatshisface there as well. He obviously realised his mistake getting late to Newbury's one last year! Good day...bar the weather! tongue.gif

I did correct the spelling for 'beer' (I should know how to spell it by now!), but this site doesn't allow title correction! tongue.gif

Sounds good. Any stand out brews (or did you stick to the cider)?

Never mind the title - it just adds to the evidence you had a good day out (glug glug) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 4 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Just stayed on cider.

Westons Old Rosie
Westons Traditional Scrumpy
Salt Hill Naturally Dry Cider
Tutts Clump Traditional Farmhouse Cider

There was a late substitute for Wyatts Abbey Reserve, but I can't remember the name. The Salt Hill tasted very appley, if that doesn't sound daft! I'd give them all around 8/10.

There were no silly ales, you know the black stuff that makes people slur quickly. Wadworth's St. George & The Dragon was popular in an inoffensive way.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Apr 4 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Binge drinkers...

tsk tsk tsk wink.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 4 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I'm binge and I'm proud! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Apr 5 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 3 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Weather was crap, but the bands were good, better than Newbury's gig anyway. While I'm at it, the cider was great, unlike the Newbury Fest as well. BTW - I saw Brewerwhatshisface there as well. He obviously realised his mistake getting late to Newbury's one last year!

Since you obviously recognised me but I don't know you, it might have been good manners to introduce yourself.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 5 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Apr 5 2010, 08:25 AM) *
Since you obviously recognised me but I don't know you, it might have been good manners to introduce yourself.

You might recognise me, but we don't know each other and I didn't want to spoil your day should you wish your presence 'to remain low key'. I was considering asking you what you thought of the cider, but there was little choice available and the right moment never presented itself! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Apr 5 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 5 2010, 09:34 AM) *
You might recognise me, but we don't know each other and I didn't want to spoil your day should you wish your presence 'to remain low key'.

Good God man, I'm not a major celebrity who needs to be anonymous because of attention from besotted fans (though it might be nice!) I always enjoy meeting face-to-face someone I have previously only met on a forum or mailing list.

I was considering asking you what you thought of the cider, but their was little choice available and the right moment never presented itself! smile.gif

I only tried two as I was driving. The one I liked was Salt Hill cider, made by a very enthusiastic lad from Slough who has only been going a couple of years. He knows what he is about.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Apr 5 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Apr 5 2010, 02:22 PM) *
I only tried two as I was driving.

ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 5 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Apr 5 2010, 03:22 PM) *
I only tried two as I was driving. The one I liked was Salt Hill cider, made by a very enthusiastic lad from Slough who has only been going a couple of years. He knows what he is about.

Yes, it was an enjoyable slurp. It had the most distinctive taste. I was told it was made by Berkshire wind-blown apples (or whatever the correct term is for apples that have dropped rather than picked).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:59 PM