Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do you have a skill to share?, Skill swap and share workshop
autumnmoon
post Oct 27 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 406

Hi Everyone,
I have recently volunteered to organise a relaxed and friendly skill swap workshop. It is part of Kintbury and Hungerfords H.E.A.T group, but would obviously extend to Newbury. The aim is to get people to have a go at a skill they have never tried. If you have a skill/hobby that you would like to share, please let me know. Lets bring the communtiy together.
The Venue will probably be in Hungerford in Nov, but dates need to be confirmed.
Thanks For Listening

Best Wishes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 27 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (autumnmoon @ Oct 27 2009, 04:09 PM) *
Hi Everyone,
I have recently volunteered to organise a relaxed and friendly skill swap workshop. It is part of Kintbury and Hungerfords H.E.A.T group, but would obviously extend to Newbury. The aim is to get people to have a go at a skill they have never tried. If you have a skill/hobby that you would like to share, please let me know. Lets bring the communtiy together.
The Venue will probably be in Hungerford in Nov, but dates need to be confirmed.
Thanks For Listening

Best Wishes

I wouldn't mind having a go at Chainsaw juggling. laugh.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 27 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

I'm a Gigolo....... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Oct 27 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Guests

Well I'm sure this new member has the responses to her first topic post so far to be really helpful!

+Quote Post
Roost
post Oct 27 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

Yep, seems like we have a few comedians for autumnmoon's workshop....!

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
autumnmoon
post Oct 27 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Roost @ Oct 27 2009, 06:04 PM) *
Yep, seems like we have a few comedians for autumnmoon's workshop....!

Ha ha- I was secretly looking forward to the comedic offerings.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 27 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Oct 27 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Well I'm sure this new member has the responses to her first topic post so far to be really helpful!

I presume you are including yourself in that statement Billy. In fact if there was an Olympic competition for the most useless response we could include your reply to this ladies post.

You criticise other members for their useless response to the newbie and then do the same yourself. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 28 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (autumnmoon @ Oct 27 2009, 07:13 PM) *
Ha ha- I was secretly looking forward to the comedic offerings.

Great to see you have a sense of humour Jo.
Welcome to the Forum and best of luck with the project.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Oct 28 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 27 2009, 07:15 PM) *
I presume you are including yourself in that statement Billy. In fact if there was an Olympic competition for the most useless response we could include your reply to this ladies post.

You criticise other members for their useless response to the newbie and then do the same yourself. laugh.gif wink.gif

You are hilarious GMR. using a similar comment to the one I left on the "Light relief football" thread to have a go at me for suggesting that perhaps a few more helpful responses to our newcomeers request would have been welcome.

I unfortunately am unable to help her and would only have come on here to wish her luck with her project if others hadn't started "being silly" (There is of course a time and a place for humour too and I'm all for it where applicable).

May I remind you about your hi-jacking of a serious bat roost thread a while back?

Well done autumnmoon for taking it lightheartedly and good luck with your project.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 28 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Oct 28 2009, 09:54 AM) *
You are hilarious GMR. using a similar comment to the one I left on the "Light relief football" thread to have a go at me for suggesting that perhaps a few more helpful responses to our newcomeers request would have been welcome.

I unfortunately am unable to help her and would only have come on here to wish her luck with her project if others hadn't started "being silly" (There is of course a time and a place for humour too and I'm all for it where applicable).

May I remind you about your hi-jacking of a serious bat roost thread a while back?

Well done autumnmoon for taking it lightheartedly and good luck with your project.

And may I remind you that you hi-jacked this serious thread to remind me that I hi-jacked a very serious thread about bats roosting (or not) awhile back.

I would also like to wish autumnmoon all the best and I apologise for my friend for doing what he chastised me for doing (it can get even more silly than that autumnmoon if you stay here long enough tongue.gif wink.gif )

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 28 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Oct 28 2009, 09:54 AM) *

Use the Ignore feature like many others here have Bill. It's the only way to deal with trolls.

I notice the frequency of his posting has dropped right down now pretty much no one replies to him.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 28 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 28 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Use the Ignore feature like many others here have Bill. It's the only way to deal with trolls.

I notice the frequency of his posting has dropped right down now pretty much no one replies to him.

You talk rubbish user... as you've been accused on the other forum. I am not on here because I've got better things to do. It is only you and the other one who have used the ignore button. Most people have you on ignore.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Oct 28 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 28 2009, 08:05 PM) *
You talk rubbish user... as you've been accused on the other forum. I am not on here because I've got better things to do. It is only you and the other one who have used the ignore button. Most people have you on ignore.

Oh FFS! angry.gif

Done it User23!

Finally run out of patience with him...........

+Quote Post
user23
post Oct 28 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Oct 28 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Oh FFS! angry.gif

Done it User23!

Finally run out of patience with him...........
Pretty much every debate ends with him repeating back what you've just said to him. A predictable "it's not me, it's you that's....".

This is how a child debates, and ignoring them (placing them on the naughty step as you've probably seen on a certain TV program) is the last resort in teaching them that this behaviour is unacceptable.

Now that unpleasantness is over, back on topic, what sort of skills were you talking about autumnmoon? Craft skills, trade skills, leisure skills?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 28 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 28 2009, 09:45 PM) *
Pretty much every debate ends with him repeating back what you've just said to him. A predictable "it's not me, it's you that's....".

This is how a child debates, and ignoring them (placing them on the naughty step as you've probably seen on a certain TV program) is the last resort in teaching them that this behaviour is unacceptable.

Now that unpleasantness is over, back on topic, what sort of skills were you talking about autumnmoon? Craft skills, trade skills, leisure skills?

I thought you couldn't read my posts? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
autumnmoon
post Oct 29 2009, 08:31 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (user23 @ Oct 28 2009, 10:45 PM) *

Wow, i've really been enlightened by this tread so far- It has made me chuckle.
Skills could include, Guitar playing, wood turning, painting, texiles, someone who could inspire another to start using the internet. It could be a hobbby or something unique. It will be indoors, so bear that in mind.
thank you muchly smile.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 29 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (autumnmoon @ Oct 29 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Wow, i've really been enlightened by this tread so far- It has made me chuckle.
Skills could include, Guitar playing, wood turning, painting, texiles, someone who could inspire another to start using the internet. It could be a hobbby or something unique. It will be indoors, so bear that in mind.
thank you muchly smile.gif wink.gif

This is a great idea.
Please keep us all in touch with progress as even though I don't think I have a skill to pass on I would be interested to see what others offer. Afterall you need both teachers and students.
I would certainly like to learn a bit of wood turning.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 29 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Now that this thread is at last back on topic I would like to share that I can stick the tip of my tongue up my nostril (only the left one for some strange reason...) Can't say it's proved particularly useful so far in my adult years.... but someone may like to know how to do it.

I can also rub the top of my head in a clockwise motion while rubbing my tummy anticlockwise.... This is quite difficult

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Oct 29 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Oct 29 2009, 01:39 PM) *
Now that this thread is at last back on topic I would like to share that I can stick the tip of my tongue up my nostril (only the left one for some strange reason...) Can't say it's proved particularly useful so far in my adult years.... but someone may like to know how to do it.

This is because your nose is probably offset to the left of the center of your face by a couple of millimeters.
Cuts out the middle man though, except in your case it would be the middle finger wink.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Oct 30 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Oct 29 2009, 01:59 PM) *
This is because your nose is probably offset to the left of the center of your face by a couple of millimeters.

Nah.... I think it just tasted better up that nossie blink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:15 AM