IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Great Western - how to complain, experiences of doing so?, There has to be a limit to what they can call a service?
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 08:56 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,697

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 24 2012, 09:51 AM) *
Yes, by not paying then other honest travellers have to pay a higher fare to compensate.

There is no proof that they increase the fares to cover non fare payers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 24 2012, 08:57 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,715

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 09:42 AM) *
thats your opinion and your entitled to it of course, I have my opinion on the way I think things ought to be done.

As a by the way, I caught a member of the petrol station staff parking in the parent and child spaces with not child. Myself and 2 other customer reported them to customer services. They gave him a fine on his car and they will be speaking to his line manager.

So you justify breaking rules because it doesn't affect anyone else? But you chastise other people for doing the same, I really can not stand hypocrites. I don't care that you jump the ticket on a train, fair play - I care that you'd be the first to complain if someone else did something illegal/immoral - technically you are stealing.

Like when you were having an argument with another member about them parking in a parent and baby space. (or something, I think I only caught the tail end of that) - is it OK to park in a parent and baby space, when it's late at night, say after 10? Because that "doesn't affect anyone else."
Anyway I hope your self-righteousness paid off - that person who you reported could possibly lose their job, and thus fail to support their family and end up homeless.

But I guess they deserve it, right? Crime of the century and all that.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 24 2012, 09:57 AM) *
So you justify breaking rules because it doesn't affect anyone else? But you chastise other people for doing the same, I really can not stand hypocrites. I don't care that you jump the ticket on a train, fair play - I care that you'd be the first to complain if someone else did something illegal/immoral - technically you are stealing.

Like when you were having an argument with another member about them parking in a parent and baby space. (or something, I think I only caught the tail end of that) - is it OK to park in a parent and baby space, when it's late at night, say after 10? Because that "doesn't affect anyone else."
Anyway I hope your self-righteousness paid off - that person who you reported could possibly lose their job, and thus fail to support their family and end up homeless.

But I guess they deserve it, right? Crime of the century and all that.

If they got fired I really could'nt care, their attitude was disgusting when I asked them why they parked there when there was a lady with a child waiting to park. They said they are allowed to and walked off, which is completely untrue.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:03 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:00 AM) *
If they got fired I really could'nt care, their attitude was disgusting when I asked them why they parked there when there was a lady with a child waiting to park. They said they are allowed to and walked off, which is completely untrue.

They would'nt be fired if it was a first offence, they would probably get a verbal warning for being rude.

Kind of a good job we will never meet then Timbo, sure we would get on.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 24 2012, 09:10 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 09:56 AM) *
There is no proof that they increase the fares to cover non fare payers.

Read my edited post again!

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:13 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ May 24 2012, 10:10 AM) *
Read my edited post again!

Maybe if they provided a good service, fairly priced, people would'nt bother fair dodging. Have only done it about twice, and once the ticket machine at Thatcham was broken and the office was closed.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 24 2012, 09:16 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

They might be fired if on probation, or their probation would not be transferred into full employment, and legally parent and baby spaces have no standing. They are put there as a sort of honey for bumble bees (the bumble bee's being parents in this metaphor). The only "fine" you can get is from a private parking company and, as I'm sure you're aware, you don't really have to pay anything if they come chasing you. Simply ignoring is enough in most cases and they will go away.

And you should care if they got fired; for it would be your responsibility! No-one deserves to have that happen for something which isn't even illegal. I agree there is a time and a place for parent and baby spaces, along with disabled spaces, but if you look at Sainsburys, it has row upon row of disabled spaces, over half of which aren't even used. So in a busy period, everyone has to drive around, queuing for "normal" spaces. Not saying I would park in there personally but sometimes you just have to.

People who have children should be able to walk 30 yards to the door without complaining how they didn't have a parent and baby space. Many parents take the bus when they go shopping, with young children, and they manage alright...

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 24 2012, 10:16 AM) *
They might be fired if on probation, or their probation would not be transferred into full employment, and legally parent and baby spaces have no standing. They are put there as a sort of honey for bumble bees (the bumble bee's being parents in this metaphor). The only "fine" you can get is from a private parking company and, as I'm sure you're aware, you don't really have to pay anything if they come chasing you. Simply ignoring is enough in most cases and they will go away.

And you should care if they got fired; for it would be your responsibility! No-one deserves to have that happen for something which isn't even illegal. I agree there is a time and a place for parent and baby spaces, along with disabled spaces, but if you look at Sainsburys, it has row upon row of disabled spaces, over half of which aren't even used. So in a busy period, everyone has to drive around, queuing for "normal" spaces. Not saying I would park in there personally but sometimes you just have to.

People who have children should be able to walk 30 yards to the door without complaining how they didn't have a parent and baby space. Many parents take the bus when they go shopping, with young children, and they manage alright...

You obviously dont have children Timbo or you would understand it is not about having to walk to the doo that is the problem. It is trying to get the child out of the car and having space to get the pram out that requires a bigger space. Take a bus? No thanks I have 2 cars no way would I get on a scummy bus for more than the cost of the petrol.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:21 AM) *
You obviously dont have children Timbo or you would understand it is not about having to walk to the doo that is the problem. It is trying to get the child out of the car and having space to get the pram out that requires a bigger space. Take a bus? No thanks I have 2 cars no way would I get on a scummy bus for more than the cost of the petrol.

I have no care if they get fired, they should have though about that first.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:22 AM) *
I have no care if they get fired, they should have though about that first.

How would you sujest I get a weeks worth of family shopping home on the bus? Please think things through.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 24 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:21 AM) *

What does it matter whether I have children or not? I presume you do; and you are not the first parent to have to have children. The rest of the world can manage without parent and baby spaces, they are not in America, or Canada, if you keep the pram in the boot you can easily remove it and lift it over your car and place it in front of your car. If I can get out of my car in a tight parking spot without damaging another vehicle, as a grown man, I can get a baby out the same way - I know because I have done it! It's a little more effort but it doesn't really matter.

I didn't suggest you take a bus, I said that many parents take the bus and they do not complain. But I'm impressed with you having 2 cars.

On a personal note I think parent and baby spaces are stupid; having designated spaces for people who chose to pro-create... disabled people deserve the spaces, parents do not need them.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 24 2012, 10:29 AM) *
What does it matter whether I have children or not? I presume you do; and you are not the first parent to have to have children. The rest of the world can manage without parent and baby spaces, they are not in America, or Canada, if you keep the pram in the boot you can easily remove it and lift it over your car and place it in front of your car. If I can get out of my car in a tight parking spot without damaging another vehicle, as a grown man, I can get a baby out the same way - I know because I have done it! It's a little more effort but it doesn't really matter.

I didn't suggest you take a bus, I said that many parents take the bus and they do not complain. But I'm impressed with you having 2 cars.

On a personal note I think parent and baby spaces are stupid; having designated spaces for people who chose to pro-create... disabled people deserve the spaces, parents do not need them.

Like I said, when you have children you may lecture me on how to be a parent. Thankfully you do not.

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:31 AM) *
Like I said, when you have children you may lecture me on how to be a parent. Thankfully you do not.

Clearly providing anything for children is stupid then Timbo? Maybe we should close all the schools down ?

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:36 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:33 AM) *
Clearly providing anything for children is stupid then Timbo? Maybe we should close all the schools down ?

More faults in your opinion, spaces in America are alot bigger than in the UK so there is no need for parent and child space. Have you ever lifted a pram? No as you dont have a child, therefore carrying it over the car would be again completely stupid.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post May 24 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:36 AM) *
More faults in your opinion, spaces in America are alot bigger than in the UK so there is no need for parent and child space. Have you ever lifted a pram? No as you dont have a child, therefore carrying it over the car would be again completely stupid.

Personally I can't see the fuss about parent child spaces. I hardly ever use them.

+Quote Post
Timbo
post May 24 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (andy1979uk @ May 24 2012, 10:36 AM) *

I said I have done just that you nim-wit, if you bothered to read my post rather than quote posts incorrectly for no reason.... It was a fold up one, can't remember the brand as it was borrowed from the parent - It fitted nicely in the boot of my car, when I was babysitting for a friend. I parked in a normal space, lifted the pram out of the boot, placed it in front of the car when I had folded it back together, got the little guy out of the baby seat in the back, and put him in his pram, grabbed a basket and went shopping. At no point was I ran over, nor did I bash into another car's door and neither was it particularly difficult.
It's not rocket science, as they say!

And your whole "you don't' have children you can't comment" argument is getting dry. There are plenty of parents who aren't even capable of looking after themselves, let alone their children. Likewise there are plenty of people who don't have children who could be better parents than either you or I could ever be! So

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Timbo @ May 24 2012, 10:43 AM) *
I said I have done just that you nim-wit, if you bothered to read my post rather than quote posts incorrectly for no reason.... It was a fold up one, can't remember the brand as it was borrowed from the parent - It fitted nicely in the boot of my car, when I was babysitting for a friend. I parked in a normal space, lifted the pram out of the boot, placed it in front of the car when I had folded it back together, got the little guy out of the baby seat in the back, and put him in his pram, grabbed a basket and went shopping. At no point was I ran over, nor did I bash into another car's door and neither was it particularly difficult.
It's not rocket science, as they say!

And your whole "you don't' have children you can't comment" argument is getting dry. There are plenty of parents who aren't even capable of looking after themselves, let alone their children. Likewise there are plenty of people who don't have children who could be better parents than either you or I could ever be! So

A pram or a foldaway buggy, do you know the different? And a car seat of a infant carrier?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post May 24 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (JeffG @ May 23 2012, 11:51 AM) *
@Biker1: I thought they called them conductors these days.

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 23 2012, 12:07 PM) *
What's all this @Biker1 stuff? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Newbelly @ May 23 2012, 03:26 PM) *
This d*mn #twitter generation?! tongue.gif

I'd seen this used as a way of replying to someone indirectly long before I'd heard of Twitter. wink.gif

+Quote Post
andy1979uk
post May 24 2012, 11:09 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

If a supermarket put in parent and child spaces I will use them, I have priority over people who have no children in their cars. As I has said before unless you have young children yourself you have no clue what it is like to bring up a child, I know this as I have been on both sides of the fence, believe me when I say looking after a child for a few hours is no comparison.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post May 24 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Parent & Child spaces - totally unnecessary but foisted upon us by the PC generation.
Why is it only supermarket car parks that have them?
(Are we deviating here from complaining about FGW??? tongue.gif )

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 03:56 PM