> Crime Tsunami?
GMR
post Jul 20 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 20 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Anon123, if I support a football team, sometimes I will bash them if I feel they have fallen short of expectation, but that doesn't mean I have stopped supporting them!

I agree. I support the police but that doesn't mean we can't criticise them. Criticism is healthy. I am British and i suport this country, but that doesn't mean we can't voice our concerns.

Bush said “you are either for us or against us”. this was a psychological and subliminal ploy to make people think that if they criticise the government then they are terrorists or anti-American. It then forces the population to keep their mouth shut in case they are accused of supporting anti-American propaganda. Rubbish; it is healthy to criticise. Without criticising certain groups/ people etc it creates arrogance and a self importance attitude; which can be very dangeorus for the people.

People have criticised the police on here and any member of the police or public are welcome to come on here and defend them if they choose. That is democracy. The other way is fear/ intimidation/ communism. I think the debate has been Healthy. I don’t think anybody has been using really abusive or very bad language and that is the only concern we should have.

Glenn
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 20 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 20 2009, 02:27 PM) *
My point about non emergency 999 calls is that provided they are called in good faith I don't have a problem with that as with a small amount of good call management, it needn't usually pose a problem. In my job I rather people assume an emergency which turns out to be false, than for it to be ignored when it is.

The only time I've ever called the police - and that is always using 999 - was when it was a real and current emergency. I have never called the number for anything trivial.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:17 PM