> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
SirWilliam
post Mar 18 2020, 10:33 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 18 2020, 08:50 PM) *
I was only joking.. as usual. And get where you are coming from. I have been taken aback a bit by the world response. I'm not quite sure that if only 1% were going to die we would have seen such a huge effort. My guess is they know something we don't.

1% is nothing, 75 million is an eye watering unacceptable number. All about the wording. I think the average annual mortality is about the same so it could be said that twice as many people will die at the moment.
Not sure what balm pot advised the government to close the schools but the idea of millions of kids running free and carrying the virus to all and sundry is more worrying in that the outbreak graph will peak far more acutely leading to complete social breakdown.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 18 2020, 11:00 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 18 2020, 10:33 PM) *
1% is nothing, 75 million is an eye watering unacceptable number. All about the wording. I think the average annual mortality is about the same so it could be said that twice as many people will die at the moment.
Not sure what balm pot advised the government to close the schools but the idea of millions of kids running free and carrying the virus to all and sundry is more worrying in that the outbreak graph will peak far more acutely leading to complete social breakdown.

And I have been timing my runs to the shop (I go only when I actually need something) to when the kids are in school. Are they going to be kept in by stressed overworked parents? I doubt it.. bloody nightmare.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Mar 19 2020, 02:06 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/polit...l-a9409671.html

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Mar 19 2020, 06:48 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

No new domestic cases in China yesterday. None. ...in the whole of China. Presumably they're still eating bats and exotic wildlife and things that spawn out in the rural peasant heartlands, but no new cases. Has this all been a ruse by China to set a wave of panic around the world by releasing a relatively mild biological agent to create a financial collapse of the West that they can then buy up...

Where's that Bacofoil?

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Mar 19 2020, 07:14 AM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (spartacus @ Mar 19 2020, 06:48 AM) *
No new domestic cases in China yesterday. None. ...in the whole of China.

According to whom? Having worked on official Chinese crop statistics in the past I can tell you that their numbers are debatable in that county level areas do not sum to the area of the province containing those counties and things of that nature. If the WHO are certifying these figures then they might be considered a bit more believable but even then they will still rely heavily on accurate local reporting and proper testing having taken place.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 19 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Mar 19 2020, 07:14 AM) *
According to whom? Having worked on official Chinese crop statistics in the past I can tell you that their numbers are debatable in that county level areas do not sum to the area of the province containing those counties and things of that nature. If the WHO are certifying these figures then they might be considered a bit more believable but even then they will still rely heavily on accurate local reporting and proper testing having taken place.

Difficult to get accurate figures from a lot of the world and to that end we may be on the brink of extinction or it will fizzle out by the summer. Even our statistics are at best hazy as a lot of those showing symptoms may not actually have covid 19 but seasonal flu and some may be carrying it without even realising. I still maintain that if UK mortality can be kept under 10,000 then all the panic has been uncalled for and has actually contributed to the problem by overloading the system. Just been to tesco along the london road and I was more at risk from irate drivers than possible carriers. Though those queuing at the tills do not seem to grasp the "6 ft" rule.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 19 2020, 11:50 AM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Mar 19 2020, 06:48 AM) *
No new domestic cases in China yesterday. None. ...in the whole of China. Presumably they're still eating bats and exotic wildlife and things that spawn out in the rural peasant heartlands, but no new cases. Has this all been a ruse by China to set a wave of panic around the world by releasing a relatively mild biological agent to create a financial collapse of the West that they can then buy up...

Where's that Bacofoil?

Very good point, it is man's singular lack of hygiene in basic food preparation that has caused this and you can put you final pay packet that this will continue. If nothing else it has highlighted that we as a species are mortal and one day a virus will wipe us out.......But not this one, hopefully rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 19 2020, 03:02 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 19 2020, 11:50 AM) *
Very good point, it is man's singular lack of hygiene in basic food preparation that has caused this and you can put you final pay packet that this will continue. If nothing else it has highlighted that we as a species are mortal and one day a virus will wipe us out.......But not this one, hopefully rolleyes.gif

We both have been saying it...mother nature will think we are a bit of a pain and get rid.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 19 2020, 06:37 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 19 2020, 03:02 PM) *
We both have been saying it...mother nature will think we are a bit of a pain and get rid.

Bit slow isn't she? Man has systematically raped her since Australopithecus thought " that's a cute name". Am I the only one who is fed up to the back teeth with tv coverage of the whole thing? Day in day out we are bombarded with either bumbling Boris or whinging vox poppers complaining about the government not doing anything and convinced it is up to said government to save them from certain death. The "nanny" state mentality of the last 40 years has a lot to answer for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 19 2020, 07:18 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 19 2020, 06:37 PM) *
Bit slow isn't she? Man has systematically raped her since Australopithecus thought " that's a cute name". Am I the only one who is fed up to the back teeth with tv coverage of the whole thing? Day in day out we are bombarded with either bumbling Boris or whinging vox poppers complaining about the government not doing anything and convinced it is up to said government to save them from certain death. The "nanny" state mentality of the last 40 years has a lot to answer for.

This sums it up. Selfish nasty society we live in these days. Something has to be done. Personally I hope the food these sicko's are hoarding go''s off, gets botulism or salmonella and they end up in hospital. Tossers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/...706661938946048

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 19 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 19 2020, 07:18 PM) *
This sums it up. Selfish nasty society we live in these days. Something has to be done. Personally I hope the food these sicko's are hoarding go''s off, gets botulism or salmonella and they end up in hospital. Tossers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/...706661938946048

Shape of things to come. Imagine what it would be like if the threat was real. The powers that be should have foreseen this, remember what it is like at xmas when the shops close for one whole day, but they seem powerless to do anything other than appeal to their better nature. Might as well take on a polar bear with a toffee hammer. If their mountain of food goes off they will just go back to the shop and empty it again. To be honest they should issue ration cards which would solve the problem before anarchy breaks out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 19 2020, 09:50 PM
Post #92

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 19 2020, 09:37 PM) *
Shape of things to come. Imagine what it would be like if the threat was real. The powers that be should have foreseen this, remember what it is like at xmas when the shops close for one whole day, but they seem powerless to do anything other than appeal to their better nature. Might as well take on a polar bear with a toffee hammer. If their mountain of food goes off they will just go back to the shop and empty it again. To be honest they should issue ration cards which would solve the problem before anarchy breaks out.

I'm gonna start calling people out if I see hoarders with multiple trolleys. Hoard shame them loudly. Mind you..they'll probably spit at me given the mentality of these idiots.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 19 2020, 10:34 PM
Post #93

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 19 2020, 09:50 PM) *
I'm gonna start calling people out if I see hoarders with multiple trolleys. Hoard shame them loudly. Mind you..they'll probably spit at me given the mentality of these idiots.

If you only get spat at I would consider you have got off lightly. I see this getting a lot worse before it gets better and only a matter of time before violence erupts. Tin hat time old chap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 19 2020, 11:02 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 19 2020, 10:34 PM) *
If you only get spat at I would consider you have got off lightly. I see this getting a lot worse before it gets better and only a matter of time before violence erupts. Tin hat time old chap.

Already started...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Holbornlolz/stat...616049462124544

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 20 2020, 09:06 AM
Post #95

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 19 2020, 11:02 PM) *

Quod est demonstrandum as they say in posh circles. I have fired off a couple of emails to those who can bring pressure in order to get the government to take the situation by the scruff of the neck but they seem very reluctant. Guess it's just down to keeping a low profile and not eating for the next 3 months.
On a plus side no one is discussing post brexit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Mar 20 2020, 10:12 AM
Post #96

Advanced Member

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Mar 20 2020, 10:14 AM
Post #97

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 20 2020, 09:06 AM) *
On a plus side no one is discussing post brexit.

However you just KNOW that the December 31 2020 date is going to be pushed back.

[Edit] ]Well, that DATE won't change but that's when the transition period is meant to end....

And 1st May is when the EU is meant to have its negotiating mandate in place (following agreement at the February 25 Council of the EU). That's going to change as well...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 20 2020, 12:55 PM
Post #98

Advanced Member

See the government advice to the public not to panic buy has not reached the ears of Sainsbury's clientele. No toilet paper, pasta,rice,biscuits,cooking sauce,tea,coffee,bottled water, and that was just those lines that one normally buys over the course of time.
Waste of time going out, but staying at home is the only effing stupid advice that they seem capable of giving. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 20 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #99

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 20 2020, 12:55 PM) *
See the government advice to the public not to panic buy has not reached the ears of Sainsbury's clientele. No toilet paper, pasta,rice,biscuits,cooking sauce,tea,coffee,bottled water, and that was just those lines that one normally buys over the course of time.
Waste of time going out, but staying at home is the only effing stupid advice that they seem capable of giving. angry.gif

They need to take away the trolleys. Just leave baskets. That will stop the fookers...they are actually increasing everyone elses risk as well as you have to go to multiple stores.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 20 2020, 03:31 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 20 2020, 02:44 PM) *
They need to take away the trolleys. Just leave baskets. That will stop the fookers...they are actually increasing everyone elses risk as well as you have to go to multiple stores.

My thoughts exactly. If I go into the shop for a packet of X and is not in stock then I have to journey to another retailer and another until I actually source it. Now I may have come into contact with maybe a hundred people as opposed to 20 if it was on the initial shelf. They are just not thinking this problem out which is more worrying than the possibility of catching the virus because if they can't plan this how would they manage a real invasion?
The slight glimmer of relief is the thought that it could have been clown Corbyn running things.

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:23 PM