IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Anti-Social Behaviour in Newbury on the increase?, Are the Little Tykes winning the battle?
Chesapeake
post Sep 2 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 205

Further to the Stroud Green Trees issue and the debate that has caused, what ASB have you all come across recently?

I am unfortunately very aware of an issue where one of the local residents near where I live has been causing a disturbance at all hours of the day and night due to his drug dealing habit.

The trees issue was also very upsetting as it was probably a drunken prank but it ruined trees that are supposedly helping our air, our environment and our future. angry.gif angry.gif

I would love to catch one of them red handed. Can't think of anything better than standing in Court and Testifying. My little bit for the community I think. smile.gif

Opinions and additional examples please? wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 2 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Quite agree - if rather more of us had the guts to give evidence, demonstrating we were no longer prepared to tolerate such behaviours, it would start to disappear.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 2 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 2 2009, 04:47 PM) *
Further to the Stroud Green Trees issue and the debate that has caused, what ASB have you all come across recently?

I am unfortunately very aware of an issue where one of the local residents near where I live has been causing a disturbance at all hours of the day and night due to his drug dealing habit.

The trees issue was also very upsetting as it was probably a drunken prank but it ruined trees that are supposedly helping our air, our environment and our future. angry.gif angry.gif

I would love to catch one of them red handed. Can't think of anything better than standing in Court and Testifying. My little bit for the community I think. smile.gif

Opinions and additional examples please? wink.gif

Chesapeake... shame on you. This is such a negative post. Instead of condemning those poor misguided children we should be looking at ways of bringing them back into the warmth of our bosom. Instead of condemning we should be praying to Allah, God, Yahweh, Jesus, Muhammad, Mary etc to help us in helping them to be put on the right path. Think positive my friend... negativity will never help anybody.

As for catching them red-handed... violence – and I hope we haven’t got a violent thought in our head – doesn’t solve anything. Prayer is the answer my friend. So if you get a brick through your window don’t complain but pray. Think positive and god will answer your call.
wink.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 3 2009, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 2 2009, 08:50 PM) *
Chesapeake... shame on you. This is such a negative post. Instead of condemning those poor misguided children we should be looking at ways of bringing them back into the warmth of our bosom. Instead of condemning we should be praying to Allah, God, Yahweh, Jesus, Muhammad, Mary etc to help us in helping them to be put on the right path. Think positive my friend... negativity will never help anybody.

As for catching them red-handed... violence – and I hope we haven’t got a violent thought in our head – doesn’t solve anything. Prayer is the answer my friend. So if you get a brick through your window don’t complain but pray. Think positive and god will answer your call.
wink.gif

Quite right GMR. Anyone caught perpetrating such things as vandalism is obviously not well. I think if they are caught we should send them on holiday at tax payers expense to the Carribean to swim with some dolphins. Hopefully this will help them to 'discover' themselves and be fine upstanding members of the Community in future years.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 3 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 2 2009, 08:50 PM) *

wink.gif

Ok GMR I DO hope that you are joking with this post as it doesn't seem to have enough smilies to make me certain that you are jesting at this time? ohmy.gif

There must be something desperately wrong with your reading abilities at this time as I have made no mention of nor have I inferred violence in any way whatsoever.

Please go to a reputable Optician and get your eyes checked then, with the required optical help read my post again!

My post basically says that I would love to catch them red-handed so that I could stand in court and testify as to the crime that they had committed! In other words actually do something about the crime other than just moan about it as you seem to do. tongue.gif

Please read OTE's response as he obviously CAN read, CAN comprehend and HAS the intelligence to understand exactly what my post said. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 3 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 3 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Quite right GMR. Anyone caught perpetrating such things as vandalism is obviously not well. I think if they are caught we should send them on holiday at tax payers expense to the Carribean to swim with some dolphins. Hopefully this will help them to 'discover' themselves and be fine upstanding members of the Community in future years.

Quite right..... and I think we should hug one just for luck wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 3 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Ok GMR I DO hope that you are joking with this post as it doesn't seem to have enough smilies to make me certain that you are jesting at this time?

Do you think that is where I went wrong… on the smilie front? Usually one can be trigger happy when pressing those smilies - as you know - but I think I underdone the itchy finger thing.

There must be something desperately wrong with your reading abilities at this time as I have made no mention of nor have I inferred violence in any way whatsoever.

That is true… not the reading thing, but the mention - or the none mention - of violence, but you never know with interpreting the written word… so I added it to make sure. Now you’ve cleared that up I can rest in my bed safe at night knowing that you are not going to come around to my house and knock seven bells out off me.

Please go to a reputable Optician and get your eyes checked then, with the required optical help read my post again!

I will do that my friend; it is possible that I could have read it one way and then my eyes slip to another post (maybe one of mine) and I got the two confused. So I’ll also book myself in to see a psychiatrist, just to make sure.

My post basically says that I would love to catch them red-handed so that I could stand in court and testify as to the crime that they had committed! In other words actually do something about the crime other than just moan about it as you seem to do.

I did read it that way, however, and you must admit, it wasn’t as much fun as my interpretation; on the positive side you - and with your help - I now have booked myself in to the opticians and local shrink (and to throw in a bit extra they will also scan my brain just to make sure there is something there). After all, I wouldn’t want you to think you are conversing with a lunatic.

I’ve left out smilies in the hope that will confuse you even more. Now you can read my post and interpret it whichever way you like; and if I am not happy with your interpretation all you have to say is ’no smilies my DEAR friend’ and I will sneak off to the toilet and have a good cry.

All the best my friend… I am off to hug a hoody and get familiar with a tree.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rose8
post Sep 3 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 104

GMR .......... are you ok ? Have you been on the 'sauce' again?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Sep 3 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Answer to the two questions on the title of this thread.......

YES

&

YES

As for examples - where do you want me to start?

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 3 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rose8 @ Sep 3 2009, 03:20 PM) *

Rose8 we haven't seen eye to eye before but I think that we are both thinking the same way on this one! blink.gif

Perhaps we should send the police round to his house to make sure that he is ok! If they were at all unsure they would then call for a doctor to make an assessment and see if he needed to be sectioned? ohmy.gif

Sounds like a good idea to me but we should first make sure that there is a photographer on hand to take photos so that they could then be posted onto the forum. Hmmm the title could be "Does prolific posting send you potty"? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 3 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Sep 3 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Answer to the two questions on the title of this thread.......

YES

&

YES

As for examples - where do you want me to start?

Ooooooooh, start with the juiciest please? smile.gif Then maybe we can all compare notes, not argue, make a plan and send out a posse. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Rose8
post Sep 3 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 104

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 3 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Rose8 we haven't seen eye to eye before but I think that we are both thinking the same way on this one! blink.gif

Perhaps we should send the police round to his house to make sure that he is ok! If they were at all unsure they would then call for a doctor to make an assessment and see if he needed to be sectioned? ohmy.gif

Sounds like a good idea to me but we should first make sure that there is a photographer on hand to take photos so that they could then be posted onto the forum. Hmmm the title could be "Does prolific posting send you potty"? laugh.gif

Chesapeake, i agree we have not always seen eye to eye, but i happily 'put things behind me'. We wont always agree i am sure, but always remember i never mean anything 'nasty or personal'.

As for GMR, i know of 2 'officers' i could send round to his laugh.gif closely followed by the 'men in white coats' xx

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 3 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rose8 @ Sep 3 2009, 04:01 PM) *
Chesapeake, i agree we have not always seen eye to eye, but i happily 'put things behind me'. We wont always agree i am sure, but always remember i never mean anything 'nasty or personal'.

As for GMR, i know of 2 'officers' i could send round to his laugh.gif closely followed by the 'men in white coats' xx

Oh no, it looks like we're agreeing too much! We'll be banned cos according to the oldies, agreeing too much ruins forums! We'll be accused of ASFB (anti-social forum behaviour) and barred for life. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
user23
post Sep 3 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Anti-social parking certianly seems to be on the increase. Remember, being anti-social isn't just limited to the young or the working classes.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 3 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Sep 3 2009, 05:58 PM) *
Anti-social parking certianly seems to be on the increase. Remember, being anti-social isn't just limited to the young or the working classes.

Ok, expand please?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 3 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rose8 @ Sep 3 2009, 03:20 PM) *

Yes... both Tomato and Daddies sauce.

By the way.... I went to the psychiatrist and said to her that "I was feeling like a pair of curtains..." all she said in return was "pull yourself together". wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 3 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 3 2009, 03:56 PM) *
"Does prolific posting send you potty"? laugh.gif

No, I can do that on my own. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 3 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 3 2009, 04:06 PM) *
Oh no, it looks like we're agreeing too much! We'll be banned cos according to the oldies, agreeing too much ruins forums! We'll be accused of ASFB (anti-social forum behaviour) and barred for life. laugh.gif

It is an offence but agree too much.

At least you brought you both together wink.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Sep 3 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 3 2009, 07:32 PM) *
By the way.... I went to the psychiatrist and said to her that "I was feeling like a pair of curtains..." all she said in return was "pull yourself together". wink.gif

There's nothing like a good old joke................and that was nothing like a good old joke. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 3 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Sep 3 2009, 08:17 PM) *
There's nothing like a good old joke................and that was nothing like a good old joke. tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

While I was at the doctors I said "I feel like a pair of Glasses" and she said "Don't make a spectacle of yourself" wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:03 AM