Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beware Faraday Road Resurfacing.
HJD
post Aug 11 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 322

I would like to warn every driver who used Faraday Road early this morning that whatever the contractor used to resurface the road with last night had not completely dried, & had sprayed up from the wheels of my car sticking to the bottom half of the doors, wings & sills etc. angry.gif I have managed to get most of it off, apart from underneath & hope it will not affect the paintwork, but anyone who has not yet noticed it on their car could have problems, ( it is like a silicon concrete & it sticks like **** ). I expect someone reading this will know who to send claims for any repair / respray jobs that some may probably need.
Also take note, there is more work planned for tonight as well. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 11 2010, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Looking on the WBC website it states that work on the road will be over 3 days from 9 August. They've used something called Ralumac according to their online works spreadsheet.

Ralumac linky thing Probably having to use this slurry because of the concrete base of the road?

Bitumac is a cold applied, polymer modified, dense graded road surface treatment that is more durable than conventional thin slurries
Does it have a plastic type feel (it looked more like a thin porridge mix they slopped on the road.........

+Quote Post
HJD
post Aug 11 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Aug 11 2010, 06:39 PM) *
Looking on the WBC website it states that work on the road will be over 3 days from 9 August. They've used something called Ralumac according to their online works spreadsheet.

Ralumac linky thing Probably having to use this slurry because of the concrete base of the road?

Does it have a plastic type feel (it looked more like a thin porridge mix they slopped on the road.........

I could see that the surface had been done when my wife dropped me off down there. It had set hard like concrete on the car by the time i noticed it when she picked me up later.
Surely they should have had the intelligence not to open the road before it had set properly ! huh.gif

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 11 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

If it sets like concrete and sticks to the car I could do with smearing some on my car doors/side panels for when I park up at Sainburys.......... yet ANOTHER dent in the poor old thing today from another thoughtless twonk who has just opened their door into it..... arrgh....!

Makes me mad......

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 11 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

The spaces there seem really small which doesn't help. No excuse though.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 12 2010, 05:00 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Appreciate that we might be trying new materials but are road building skills are still somewhat neolithic! Hasn't anyone come up with anything better? Does the rest of the civilised world use the same methods? Perhaps this is asking Mr Edison why he hasn't invented the light bulb yet - so I think I know the answer!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 14 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (spartacus @ Aug 11 2010, 10:33 PM) *
If it sets like concrete and sticks to the car I could do with smearing some on my car doors/side panels for when I park up at Sainburys.......... yet ANOTHER dent in the poor old thing today from another thoughtless twonk who has just opened their door into it..... arrgh....!

Makes me mad......

I sympathise with you.
You have hit on one of my pet hates here.
Who are there 'r-soles who do this?

I now have 11!!!! door bash dents in the side of my car from these "twonks" as you mildly put it.

Some of these dents are so deep that it must have needed some considerable force to do it.

Feel sorry for someone who has just parked a new pride & joy fresh from the showroom next to one of these morons.

+Quote Post
HJD
post Aug 14 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 14 2010, 12:01 PM) *
I sympathise with you.
You have hit on one of my pet hates here.
Who are there 'r-soles who do this?

I now have 11!!!! door bash dents in the side of my car from these "twonks" as you mildly put it.

Some of these dents are so deep that it must have needed some considerable force to do it.

Feel sorry for someone who has just parked a new pride & joy fresh from the showroom next to one of these morons.

Personally i think a high percentage of the "twonks" are the larger car owner, in other words a'hem 4 x 4 's, simply because the bays are too small for them. I have always seriously thought there should be a special parking area for them, then they can bash h-e-l-l out of each other's motors instead of trying to wedge their tank in between 2 cars & find they cannot get out of the door !! blink.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:20 PM