IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Police risk public confidence, Police accused of failures over anti-social behaviour
Bloggo
post Mar 11 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Great to see that this issue of the Police responding to incidents of ASB has been examined and recomendations made to improve the quality of the reponse and the need to work to improve public confidence.

This quote from Derrick Campbell, an adviser on anti-social behaviour to the Home Office and The Association of Chief Police Officers encapsulates what many of us have been saying for many years.

"When we see individuals or gangs of individuals terrorising neighbourhoods, stealing cars, throwing stones at windows, the Police have a duty to respond"

"What we are asking for is that the decision makers within the Police force ensure that decent people are allowed to live their lives in peace and safety and the Police are there as an instrument to the state to ensure that that happens."

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 11 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 11 2010, 09:09 AM) *
Great to see that this issue of the Police responding to incidents of ASB has been examined and recomendations made to improve the quality of the reponse and the need to work to improve public confidence.

This quote from Derrick Campbell, an adviser on anti-social behaviour to the Home Office and The Association of Chief Police Officers encapsulates what many of us have been saying for many years.

"When we see individuals or gangs of individuals terrorising neighbourhoods, stealing cars, throwing stones at windows, the Police have a duty to respond"

"What we are asking for is that the decision makers within the Police force ensure that decent people are allowed to live their lives in peace and safety and the Police are there as an instrument to the state to ensure that that happens."

Just a load of hot air. Nothing will change. The only time you will get a response from them if someone is trying to break into your house whilst you are in it is is if you say you have a gun and are going outside. Otherwise they will let the Burglars commit the offence and turn up an hour later.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 11 2010, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 11 2010, 10:16 AM) *
Just a load of hot air. Nothing will change. The only time you will get a response from them if someone is trying to break into your house whilst you are in it is is if you say you have a gun and are going outside. Otherwise they will let the Burglars commit the offence and turn up an hour later.

I do hope that you are wrong. The resolution of ASB issues is long overdue with too many people being left to cope with unnaceptable behaviour over many months and in some cases, years and as we know resulting in terribe consequences of deaths and suicides.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 11 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 11 2010, 11:59 AM) *
I do hope that you are wrong. The resolution of ASB issues is long overdue with too many people being left to cope with unnaceptable behaviour over many months and in some cases, years and as we know resulting in terribe consequences of deaths and suicides.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8561513.stm

What like this you mean? I have said it before and I'll say it again. We have a social underclass now that perceive this sort of behaviour as 'normal'. And the namby pamby state will blame the parents and the conditions that they have been brought up in. Until we start locking these feral kids up and throwing away the key then they won't get the message. If the Police can't or won't do anything about this then its time for the General Public to start arming themselves.

What was it New Labour said. 'Tough on Crime. Tough on the causes of Crime' - What a load of old hot air.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 11 2010, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 11 2010, 01:20 PM) *
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8561513.stm

What like this you mean? I have said it before and I'll say it again. We have a social underclass now that perceive this sort of behaviour as 'normal'. And the namby pamby state will blame the parents and the conditions that they have been brought up in. Until we start locking these feral kids up and throwing away the key then they won't get the message. If the Police can't or won't do anything about this then its time for the General Public to start arming themselves.

What was it New Labour said. 'Tough on Crime. Tough on the causes of Crime' - What a load of old hot air.

I wish I could say that you are wrong but sadly I can't

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Mar 11 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 11 2010, 01:20 PM) *

And what are the other mainstream parties going to do about it?

I think we all know the answer. sad.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 11 2010, 04:47 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8561593.stm

Thats a surprise. TVP catches Motorists but does not solve other crime....

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 11 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 11 2010, 04:47 PM) *
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8561593.stm

Thats a surprise. TVP catches Motorists but does not solve other crime....

Speeding is ASB. Kills more people too.

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 11 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 11 2010, 07:05 PM) *
"excellent" in the area of reducing the number of people killed or seriously injured on roads?

Sounds like good news to me.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 11 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 11 2010, 07:05 PM) *

Kills more people than what? Your statement doesn't seem to make sense.

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Mar 12 2010, 08:26 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 11 2010, 08:20 PM) *

Speeding !!! read the reply.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 12 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Mar 12 2010, 08:26 AM) *
Speeding !!! read the reply.

I DID, THAT IS WHY I SAID THE SENTENCE DIDN'T SEEM TO MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPEEDING KILLS MORE PEOPLE THAN WHAT????????? (this shouting is aimed at Andy1 (who needs to learn to wind his neck in), not dannyboy angry.gif ).

+Quote Post
user23
post Mar 12 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 12 2010, 08:38 AM) *
I DID, THAT IS WHY I SAID THE SENTENCE DIDN'T SEEM TO MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPEEDING KILLS MORE PEOPLE THAN WHAT????????? (this shouting is aimed at Andy1 (who needs to learn to wind his neck in), not dannyboy angry.gif ).
Speeding kills more people than other crime, I guess he's saying.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 12 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Mar 12 2010, 08:57 AM) *
Speeding kills more people than other crime, I guess he's saying.

He might be, but then I don't get his point, because anything kills more or less than anything else! If you 'get' what I am trying to say...his point seems to lack context...or something! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 12 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 11 2010, 08:20 PM) *

err, other forms of ASB - you know - what TDH was commenting about. That an old man can die, possibly in connection with one form of ASB whilst the Police seem powerless, yet the Police can catch more & more motorists breaking the law with ease.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Mar 12 2010, 10:34 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

Why the separation of criminality ? Matters not if you are doing 50 through a 30mph area or mugging an octogenarian of his pension , illegal actions are ,period .
Here lies the crux of the matter . We now except that rules are going to be broken ,( probably because we have so many of them ) , and if we can get away with it ,so be it .
We must get back to a respect for the laws of the land , the people of the land and most of all ourselves because without self respect and the discipline that it instills ,then it will continue to be business as usual .
In the interim though can we bring back flogging ? wink.gif

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Mar 12 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 12 2010, 08:38 AM) *

Sorry this doesn't make sense

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Mar 12 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Mar 12 2010, 09:18 AM) *
He might be, but then I don't get his point, because anything kills more or less than anything else! If you 'get' what I am trying to say...his point seems to lack context...or something! tongue.gif

Now this doesn't make sense [missing face with tongue pointing out and caps lockoff]

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 12 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy1 @ Mar 12 2010, 12:03 PM) *
Sorry this doesn't make sense
QUOTE (Andy1 @ Mar 12 2010, 12:10 PM) *
Now this doesn't make sense [missing face with tongue pointing out and caps lockoff]

Do you wish to join in the debate? I, for one, would be interested in what you think about the issues surrounding the OP.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Mar 12 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Mar 12 2010, 10:34 AM) *
Why the separation of criminality ? Matters not if you are doing 50 through a 30mph area or mugging an octogenarian of his pension , illegal actions are ,period .

Maybe, but your first example doesn't necessarily produce a victim, where as the second one does.

I find certain types of ASB more AS than others. Graffiti, for example, is unsightly, but at least I can get to sleep at night.

I do agree in part though, concentrating on lower level ASB, might help to reduce the incidence of higher level ASB.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:37 AM