> Boy Racers, "Boy Racers" claim police harassment
GMR
post Jun 29 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Andy @ Jun 30 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Wispa - Do you think you could possible write in English, as reading this is pretty painful. Try using the spellchecker (the ABC tickbox on the top right when composing) if you find it difficult to do yourself.

I think to be fair there are a lot of people on here who do have problems communicating their thoughts into the written word. I agree with you about spellcheckers, however, that doesn’t help when there are many different ways to say a word and even spell it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 30 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 12:34 AM) *
I think to be fair there are a lot of people on here who do have problems communicating their thoughts into the written word. I agree with you about spellcheckers, however, that doesn’t help when there are many different ways to say a word and even spell it.

Which is when a Thesaurus can come in handy. My spelling is atrocious, as is my grammar, but I will endeavour to write as well as I can. I would also say though, that some of us have less of an excuse than others. wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jun 30 2009, 01:15 AM) *
Which is when a Thesaurus can come in handy. My spelling is atrocious, as is my grammar, but I will endeavour to write as well as I can. I would also say though, that some of us have less of an excuse than others. wink.gif

I don't think that is the only problems you've got wink.gif

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

Oh no, not this spelling crap again. So boring......... Sometimes im rushing when i write and make mistakes, other times I just cant be bothered to recheck my post. Does it matter that much?

You have more time on your hands if you go around checking peoples spelling rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jun 30 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

AmieB

Have you read the post in question?

It's not a simple spelling mistake. The whole post is very poorly written with minimal punctuation, embarrassingly bad grammar and full of 'txt spk'. It is very difficult to read and understand in one go. I took 4 attempts before giving up.

OK, my written and oral English isn't perfect but that post was appalling.

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jun 30 2009, 09:41 AM) *
AmieB

Have you read the post in question?

It's not a simple spelling mistake. The whole post is very poorly written with minimal punctuation, embarrassingly bad grammar and full of 'txt spk'. It is very difficult to read and understand in one go. I took 4 attempts before giving up.

OK, my written and oral English isn't perfect but that post was appalling.

Yes i read the original post and understood it ok.
I just dont see why it always comes up on this forum (previously your views) and matters to people so much.

+Quote Post
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 151

Back to topic, I live near to tesco's and all i could hear last night was screeching tyres, engines revving, handbrake turns and rev limiters. If it happens again tonight, i will be getting out of bed and putting a stop to it.

On a side note, has anyone parked on the far side of tesco car park recently and seen the state of the "road" burnout marks, skids etc etc. I complained when in tesco a few weeks back, and the "security guard" wasn't interested.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 09:32 AM) *
Oh no, not this spelling crap again. So boring......... Sometimes im rushing when i write and make mistakes, other times I just cant be bothered to recheck my post. Does it matter that much?

You have more time on your hands if you go around checking peoples spelling rolleyes.gif

To be honest we all make mistakes; my problem is I don't always check them properly. But we shouldn't be judging the way one writes, but what they say.

+Quote Post
ossy
post Jun 30 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 169

Wispa you seem to have a misunderstanding of Greenham Common, there certainly is land at Greenham Common you could use but, all the land associated with Greenham is owned by someone, either the trust or by the company's operating up there. So if you want to go there by all means apply to rent or buy one of these areas?

That's the trouble with you boy racers you see an empty bit of concrete and think it's your right to drive on it. The only conceivable way that you can drive around in circles with smoking tyres until your heart is content is to buy the land to do it on....good luck with that one.

Until then I suspect you will stick to the public road so the police can carry on harrasing you.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

AimeeB, Se eu escrevo aqui inteiramente no português, a seguir ninguém está indo realmente compreendê-lo tão bem. Não é sobre a soletração que é sobre a compreensão. Os erros de soletração menores podem ser perdoados, mas alguma do que está sendo escrita é quase estrangeira.

+Quote Post
Andy
post Jun 30 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 11:11 AM) *
AimeeB, Se eu escrevo aqui inteiramente no português, a seguir ninguém está indo realmente compreendê-lo tão bem. Não é sobre a soletração que é sobre a compreensão. Os erros de soletração menores podem ser perdoados, mas alguma do que está sendo escrita é quase estrangeira.

Well said....I wasn't critisising the spelling, just the manner in which it was wriiten ie using text speak, which almost needs translation in itself and coupled with the possible spelling mistakes (as I am not sure are deliberate or natural) made it hard to read with any fluency, especially as it was quite long.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 30 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Andy @ Jun 30 2009, 11:27 AM) *
Well said....I wasn't critisising the spelling, just the manner in which it was wriiten ie using text speak, which almost needs translation in itself and coupled with the possible spelling mistakes (as I am not sure are deliberate or natural) made it hard to read with any fluency, especially as it was quite long.

Imagine how hard it is for me to understand, as thick and unintelligent as I am! blink.gif

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 11:11 AM) *

Bem eu consegui ler o que ele escreveu. Não quero tornar este um debate. Obrigado

Amie not Aimee

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 30 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Obrigado

Amie not Aimee

Shouldn't that be 'obrigada'? (Sorry - couldn't resist biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Amie not Aimee

I didn't think spelling was important...

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 30 2009, 02:08 PM) *
I didn't think spelling was important...

You got me wink.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 02:19 PM) *
You got me wink.gif

Bless ya!

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 30 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #38

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Jun 30 2009, 01:17 AM) *
I don't think that is the only problems you've got wink.gif

See! There you go again having a dig at Iommi for no reason whatsoever.

Pretty sad really!

+Quote Post
wispa
post Jul 2 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 167

sorry its just easier and quicker, thought you would understand it as not complety short hand writing..

+Quote Post
wispa
post Jul 2 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (ossy @ Jun 30 2009, 11:02 AM) *
Wispa you seem to have a misunderstanding of Greenham Common, there certainly is land at Greenham Common you could use but, all the land associated with Greenham is owned by someone, either the trust or by the company's operating up there. So if you want to go there by all means apply to rent or buy one of these areas?

That's the trouble with you boy racers you see an empty bit of concrete and think it's your right to drive on it. The only conceivable way that you can drive around in circles with smoking tyres until your heart is content is to buy the land to do it on....good luck with that one.

Until then I suspect you will stick to the public road so the police can carry on harrasing you.

i just want to point out that i dont do the boy racer thing anymore i grew out of it last year, and i never complained about police, they only stopped me once out of my hole time driving so far and that was because i had a brake light out.. but im now in full on working life paying bills geting a house etc i have better things to think about, i just have alot of mates that still do it, i want to help them. greenham park was just an example as its a massive space, as far as i no alot is unused maby wrong?
where can i find out about renting some land?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:20 PM