Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School Holidays
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 28 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

The School holidays are here and with it some lovely polite children / young mothers.
They are as I write this at the front of St Nicholas's church drinking and swearing at people who are just going about their business. Still I expect Plod will be on the case soon. Not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Jul 28 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

I've always tried my hardest to not go into town during school holidays. It's miserable!

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jul 28 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 28 2009, 01:22 PM) *
The School holidays are here and with it some lovely polite children / young mothers.
They are as I write this at the front of St Nicholas's church drinking and swearing at people who are just going about their business. Still I expect Plod will be on the case soon. Not.

Isn't it pitiful that the shopkeepers and towns people do their best to attract visitors to the town and they are greeted by these foul mouth oafs who know that they are going to get away with it.
Why are we putting up with this crap?
Did you call the police?
If it's not reported then certainly nothing will be done.
Andrea who has also posted on this says it all.
She avoids coming into town during school holidays. What the **** is going on with our society where breed scum like this.
angry.gif

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 28 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jul 28 2009, 01:41 PM) *
Isn't it pitiful that the shopkeepers and towns people do their best to attract visitors to the town and they are greeted by these foul mouth oafs who know that they are going to get away with it.
Why are we putting up with this crap?
Did you call the police?
If it's not reported then certainly nothing will be done.
Andrea who has also posted on this says it all.
She avoids coming into town during school holidays. What the **** is going on with our society where breed scum like this.
angry.gif

If you see my other post I said roughly the same; sadly nobody seems to do anything about it or is bothered.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jul 28 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 28 2009, 01:46 PM) *
If you see my other post I said roughly the same; sadly nobody seems to do anything about it or is bothered.

I'm bothered Glen and when I experience this sort of anti social behaviour I call the police.
Maybe they won't do anything but if enough of us keep hassling them they might.
What a pathetic situation we find ourselves in.
This town will deteriorate unless standards are enforced.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Simon
post Jul 28 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

Its the same story though, what do we offer these kids to do during the holidays?

Is there anything that is fun and doesnt cost too much money?

Could the council not organise some cheap events such as sports tournaments, days out, cinema trips etc.

I think back to my school days and the stuff we did during the holidays, and it probably wasnt much different to what they do now. I was lucky and had a great group of friends and most the time we kept ourselves busy, but we did smoke, drink swear etc, we were just clever enough to hang around in more remote places than town

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 28 2009, 12:59 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 28 2009, 01:46 PM) *

The kids know the law protects them and so they can verbally abuse anyone they want to.
This includes a young chavette who called me a '4 eyed pr**k' when I was minding my own business when walking down Station Road recently. What could I have done? If I had said anything or tried to reprimand her I would have been the one in the wrong. You just have to take it and walk on by.

The Police are not interested in 'petty' offences such as this as they know that no prosections will take place and theres is now a target driven environment as well.

I really do despair at the way things are going. We are in the process of dismantling all that used to be good with GREAT Britain and replacing it with a section of society that will never work, will scrounge on benefits all their lives and willl contribute nothing absoultely nothing to the future. I for one don't want to pay for them anymore through my taxation.

May I suggest a remote Scottish island to send them too with no society or infrastucture. then they can live life like the feral alleycats they are??

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jul 28 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 28 2009, 01:59 PM) *
The kids know the law protects them and so they can verbally abuse anyone they want to.
This includes a young chavette who called me a '4 eyed pr**k' when I was minding my own business when walking down Station Road recently. What could I have done? If I had said anything or tried to reprimand her I would have been the one in the wrong. You just have to take it and walk on by.

The Police are not interested in 'petty' offences such as this as they know that no prosections will take place and theres is now a target driven environment as well.

I really do despair at the way things are going. We are in the process of dismantling all that used to be good with GREAT Britain and replacing it with a section of society that will never work, will scrounge on benefits all their lives and willl contribute nothing absoultely nothing to the future. I for one don't want to pay for them anymore through my taxation.

May I suggest a remote Scottish island to send them too with no society or infrastucture. then they can live life like the feral alleycats they are??

Well said TD&H. My sentiments entirely.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Simon
post Jul 28 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

Dare i suggest bringing back the national service? May help with some of these 'lost cases'

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 28 2009, 01:08 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 28 2009, 01:59 PM) *

Well said..... but instead of a Scottish island how about in the middle of the ocean?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon @ Jul 28 2009, 01:55 PM) *
Its the same story though, what do we offer these kids to do during the holidays?

Is there anything that is fun and doesnt cost too much money?

Could the council not organise some cheap events such as sports tournaments, days out, cinema trips etc.

I think back to my school days and the stuff we did during the holidays, and it probably wasnt much different to what they do now. I was lucky and had a great group of friends and most the time we kept ourselves busy, but we did smoke, drink swear etc, we were just clever enough to hang around in more remote places than town

You know Simon I understand your comments but when I was young we had respect for our elders and knew where the boundaries were. These kids have no fear or respect for authority and don't give a ****.
It's not about giving them something to do it's about discipline being administered at a young age and the security of a home environment where they are loved for being children not used as a pawn to benefit their parents so that they can get a house or more benefit payments.
This is a symptom of "broken Britain"
God knows how bad it will get before a government says enough is enough.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Anon
Post #12

Member No.: 113

Simon, i think you make a very good point, there really isn't alot to do that doesn't cost a lot of money, however parents should be using their imagination!

I remember my summer holidays very vividly and can remember my parents always making sure me and my brother where kept entertained with picnics, walks, bike rides etc.

I think people forget that there are activities out there which don't cost a lot of money to do.

I must say I really do hate summer holidays!! Was in tescos at lunch time and had to endure a little girl screaming at her mum non-stop for about 5-10 mins? Why was this mother not discipling her daughter!? I just felt like standing in the que screaming like the little girl, just to find out what would happen, however i didn't really feel like being sectioned today!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 28 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon @ Jul 28 2009, 02:04 PM) *
Dare i suggest bringing back the national service? May help with some of these 'lost cases'

I second that.

When I was a kid we had plenty to occupy us without causing trouble; reading, playing with our friends etc. And I am talking about the 60's here.

+Quote Post
TheObserver
post Jul 28 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 199

It has to be said... as soon as the schools break up you know its time to add the non-emergency police telephone number to your mobile speed dial.

The problem you have is that even activities that are laid on are not for all kids.. some don't want to do anything other than hang around with their mates getting up to no good..

In the past week we have seen mindless vandalism, damage to property and general offensive / anti-social behaviour..
I really don't want to have to worry about my property being mindlessly abused by the chavs that don't want to participate in activities that may actually make them better people in the long run..

I don't expect to see teens roaming the streets at 2am.. drunk.. and abusive. We need an effective police force that actually take action... One of their strategic objectives is: To strengthen Neighbourhood Policing to respond to local need and increase public confidence. (
http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/aboutus/...tplan-aims.htm) The term action needs to be met... drunk teens out at night - taken home, parents officially given 1 strike.. 2 more and they get prosecuted for their lack of control for their child..
Perhaps the softly softly approach on these little reprobates doesn't work?? Take it to the parents... if they don't care they are held responsible...

I could go on and on about this subject... the majority of kids are fine, you expect to see them out enjoying their time out of school... but this needs to be in a courteous, respectful way...

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 28 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I agree with everything except using the non emergency line. I would call 999 and at least someone might actually pick it up at the other end.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 28 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 28 2009, 01:22 PM) *

If they are drinking - I assume you mean alcohol - they can't be school kids.............unless some shop keeper has broken the law & sold them some booze........and if they are not school kids they'll be there term time too.

+Quote Post
Andrea
post Jul 28 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 28 2009, 04:18 PM) *
If they are drinking - I assume you mean alcohol - they can't be school kids.............unless some shop keeper has broken the law & sold them some booze........and if they are not school kids they'll be there term time too.

I'm sure it's not that difficult to find a willing person to go in and buy them booze if they are offered a couple quid for their trouble - there's homeless around who would probably do it for them for a can of beer for themself!

+Quote Post
Anon
post Jul 28 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 113

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Jul 28 2009, 04:18 PM) *

You would be suprised how many over 18's by children alcohol and how easily accesible alcohol is to children!

+Quote Post
Jobet
post Jul 28 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35

Where do youngsters get there money from for drinks etc., It seems easy enough for them to get someone else to nip in the off licence or supermarket to buy them. We used to enjoy holidays as youngsters just going to the park and sit around chattering or kicking a ball about but never did anything too drastic.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 28 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Seems that the police and council seem to be putting most of their effort into chasing after the people who actually make them money by paying their fines.

There is no profit in catching and prosecuting for anti social behaviour.

On top of that there is no punishment when caught.

Most of the people of this country list anti-social behaviour and it's associated crimes as one of their top issues and yet nothing is done about it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:56 AM