Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hair of the dog?, In your burger no less
Guest_jaycakes_*
post Apr 10 2012, 01:54 PM
Post #1

Guests

This story made me chuckle

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2009/old-news-article-10980

Basically some guy went to MaccyD and ate "half" his chicken sandwich or something and then found a hair in it, went in and complained. Got offered free food and found this "wasn't acceptable".

Now two things, one - The burger is like £2.49 on it's on so would he like his £2.49 back instead? And secondly, what absolute proof is it, that it wasn't HIS hair? What was he expecting, £20??!

Because yes it could be a hair from one of the spotty yoofs working in McDonalds (although there is a couple of guys on the drive through I am very friendly with, good lads) but likewise it could have been a hair from this middle-aged person - he is 42, says it all really.

Now I hate hair laying around (baths, sinks, burgers, etc) but one thing is that if I found a hair in a burger I would not be like "OMG A HAIR IT'S THEIRS OH MY GOODNESS", I would either pick it out and continue chomping, or go back in and be happy with a replacement meal.

What I would not do is spend ONE HOUR of my time outside the store telling people about a hair in my food.

Following the incident, Mr Harries spent almost an hour stood outside the outlet informing customers of his experience, which he claimed put some people off entering the outlet.

Clearly this guy does not have a wife or kids or infact any sort of friendships whatsoever. It's all very well fighting for what you believe in but no permanent damage was done and as if going to the local rag wasn't enough, he felt it necessary to stand outside moaning at random people? I'd have told him to go home and went in anyway.
There's probably a case for slander as well.

Anyway that's just my take on the situation. An appropriate response would have been enough which a free meal or vouchers or something would have been OK.

Like when people eat a homecooked breakfast, eat lunch at a little cafe, eat a McDonalds for dinner, come 7 or 8pm they have the trots and automatically assume it's McDonalds that has caused their food poisoning, nothing to do with anything else they've eaten all day. Proper idiots.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Apr 10 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (jaycakes @ Apr 10 2012, 02:54 PM) *
Proper idiots.

Endless adverts during the day convincing people who have had "no fault" accidents that they are entitled to compensation has probably had a hand in fueling this kind of thing.

I would have been happy with a replacement meal. Indeed, the only time I've had cause to actually ring a McDonald's to complain was when they'd screwed up the majority of a drive through order. I rang up expecting them to do little about it, if only to log the complaint, but was pleasently surprised to have the manager offer to give me the entire order again, free of charge, the next time I was there.

A hair in your food, while unpleasant, isn't that big a deal. If they have apologised and offered to replace the food, it's hard to know what more they can reasonably do.

If he was that outraged then he always has the option of not going there again, but I would guess that he'll be back.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Apr 10 2012, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

A werry good rant from Jaycakes and Massif.

Sounds like a right pillock .Sorry Mr H. I think Mc ds are far too careful to allow unfit food.
Now, a mouse burger might be a shock to some but that would be after an Arsenal game.
ce

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 10 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Apr 10 2012, 04:03 PM) *
A werry good rant from Jaycakes and Massif.

Sounds like a right pillock .Sorry Mr H. I think Mc ds are far too careful to allow unfit food.
Now, a mouse burger might be a shock to some but that would be after an Arsenal game.
ce

Showing your age Nothing Much! In my mis spent - seem to remember we thought the taste of the local Chinese always deteriorated after the 'Health Inspector' had been round. Anyway, thought to be exotic in those days - beat 3d worth of chips and scrapings any day.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 11 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

Was is a short & curly one?

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Apr 11 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

No Dannyboy that short and NOT curly one would have been Charlie George.
I am sad to say that I never followed football. Arsenal stadium is a short walk away
So football followed me.
ce

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Apr 11 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I remember for some family events going to The Hatchet in the Market place.
I see it has been improved. This is perhaps 1963. My brothers and I used to get the giggles
Father liked Trout. And the Maitre D. always appeared with a bowl of Tartare sauce.

We would count down the seconds before he arrived.
Even in her later years my mother admitted to finding the gag betwixt us boys funny. (or Odd).
ce

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:46 PM