> Smoke and Guns
ebalch
post May 22 2015, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,297

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/14...witholding.html

But West Berkshire Council leader Gordon Lundie (Con, Lambourn Valley) vehemently denied the claims......
“It is all smoke and guns – if Mr Crook thinks we have acted unlawfully and that there is this big conspiracy theory, that’s up to him. It was just an administrative mistake.

That's a new one on me. I wonder if it's the same as smoke and mirrors.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 22 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (ebalch @ May 22 2015, 09:08 AM) *
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/home/14...witholding.html

But West Berkshire Council leader Gordon Lundie (Con, Lambourn Valley) vehemently denied the claims......
“It is all smoke and guns – if Mr Crook thinks we have acted unlawfully and that there is this big conspiracy theory, that’s up to him. It was just an administrative mistake.

That's a new one on me. I wonder if it's the same as smoke and mirrors.

We've long known they have a problem differentiating between ar5es and elbows, but this is even worse....no wonder they are so dangerous!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 22 2015, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

The same Councillor whose letter in the NWN this week explained how they shouldn't take the electorate for granted.

Smoke and mirrors - deception or obfuscation
Smoking Gun - evidence of a crime

I wonder what he meant to say.

+Quote Post
gel
post May 22 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

What Openness?

Showing absolute contempt for the electors he supposedly serves with his comments.
Why was he ever considered fit to become leader, as he clearly wouldn't understand principles of openness & democracy if it hit him in the moosh.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post May 22 2015, 04:32 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (gel @ May 22 2015, 12:57 PM) *
What Openness?

Showing absolute contempt for the electors he supposedly serves with his comments.
Why was he ever considered fit to become leader, as he clearly wouldn't understand principles of openness & democracy if it hit him in the moosh.

I think you've answered your own question Gel! It's just that he's the one that doesn't blush easily.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 22 2015, 05:30 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

You thought Lib Dems were secretive, just wait till you see a large Tory majority in action.

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post May 22 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ May 22 2015, 11:26 AM) *
The same Councillor whose letter in the NWN this week explained how they shouldn't take the electorate for granted.

Smoke and mirrors - deception or obfuscation
Smoking Gun - evidence of a crime

I wonder what he meant to say.

laugh.gif Perhaps he thinks it criminal that they have awarded themselves such a big rise in allowances.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post May 22 2015, 07:53 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (MontyPython @ May 22 2015, 07:20 PM) *
laugh.gif Perhaps he thinks it criminal that they have awarded themselves such a big rise in allowances.

Well we have that nasty election out of the way............we are getting down to important business as usual now........oh yes we forget to inform that that we are intending to increase our allowances.........just a small increase you understand.......we have to increase them to retain the correct sort of people you realise of course?

Who else could count votes incorrectly? Who could, allegedly, keep important documents pertaining to a major development of Newbury a secret? Only a small oversight you understand?
Who could have the idea of a Compulsory Purchase Order for part of Victoria Park to save a Developer using some of his own land for a road alteration that is going to make traffic problems even worse for local residents? Now you obviously understand why we deserve such a high allowance increase? rolleyes.gif

Welcome to your new Council working hard for the Newbury Club residents.
Openness and transparency will of course have to be put on the back burner until we have sorted out the problems created by the outgoing incumbents but we know you will understand we have Newbury's residents interests to the fore.........immediately behind Developers of course! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 02:07 AM