Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corbyn, This is democracy!!!!
je suis Charlie
post Feb 24 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #341

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

Jeremy, please don't even consider resigning. You're doing far too good a job, for the Conservative party. Well done. laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 25 2017, 08:28 AM
Post #342

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 24 2017, 03:07 PM) *
Jeremy, please don't even consider resigning. Well done. laugh.gif

He isn't!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 25 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #343

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 24 2017, 01:07 PM) *
Jeremy, please don't even consider resigning. You're doing far too good a job, for the Conservative party. Well done. laugh.gif

Well, he did pretty well holding on to Stoke in the face of a media prediction that UKIP had it in the bag. Whitehaven even Tony Blair would have lost - local issues with NHS and its biggest employer Sellafield. Plus the Brexit locals didn't really appreciate a Labour remainer as candidate! Again, should have been a kipper here. So, suspect you might be in wrong queue Je suis!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 25 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #344

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 25 2017, 09:33 PM) *
Well, he did pretty well holding on to Stoke in the face of a media prediction that UKIP had it in the bag. Whitehaven even Tony Blair would have lost - local issues with NHS and its biggest employer Sellafield. Plus the Brexit locals didn't really appreciate a Labour remainer as candidate! Again, should have been a kipper here. So, suspect you might be in wrong queue Je suis!

Yeah. go Jeremy. Go the Momentum party.... i mean the Labour party. Has he costed any policy with his dimwit Mcdonell yet? Oh hang on has he got any policies? Ooooo and people have been nasty to that wondeful mp Diane Abbot on twitter and she wants a parliamentary enquiry. Good grief. You dont have to use Twitter. Its not compulsory. I want a parliamentary enquiry. Newres was nasty to me on the newburytoday forum.

+Quote Post
newres
post Feb 26 2017, 06:22 AM
Post #345

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 25 2017, 09:33 PM) *

I reckon Billy Liar lost that one. Isn't it strange how many nutters manage to get into UKIP. Even the top job. Clearly Corbyn is the wrong man for the job, but he's essentially honest.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 26 2017, 06:47 AM
Post #346

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Feb 26 2017, 06:22 AM) *
I reckon Billy Liar lost that one. Isn't it strange how many nutters manage to get into UKIP. Even the top job. Clearly Corbyn is the wrong man for the job, but he's essentially honest.

That's a pretty good summary.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Feb 26 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #347

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 25 2017, 10:58 PM) *
Yeah. go Jeremy. Go the Momentum party.... i mean the Labour party. Has he costed any policy with his dimwit Mcdonell yet? Oh hang on has he got any policies? Ooooo and people have been nasty to that wondeful mp Diane Abbot on twitter and she wants a parliamentary enquiry. Good grief. You dont have to use Twitter. Its not compulsory. I want a parliamentary enquiry. Newres was nasty to me on the newburytoday forum.

Did you not see that piece Giles Brandreth did on the streets in Guildford - asking locals what they tought of Corbyn's policies? They thought they were marvellous, until they learnt they were Labour policies.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 26 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #348

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Feb 26 2017, 12:42 PM) *
Did you not see that piece Giles Brandreth did on the streets in Guildford - asking locals what they tought of Corbyn's policies? They thought they were marvellous, until they learnt they were Labour policies.

The Country will never elect a left wing government. So essentially they are just a protest party now.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 26 2017, 02:33 PM
Post #349

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 26 2017, 02:15 PM) *
The Country will never elect a left wing government. So essentially they are just a protest party now.

Never say never, the Country has done so in the past. I can well remember in my youth people thought we'd never have a rabid right wing government and the Tories were just as defunct.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 26 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #350

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 26 2017, 02:15 PM) *

Like blackdog says, Labour's policies are pretty popular.

Take the national living wage for example - I don't think it's moral for companies to pay their workers less then they need to live on, but successive governments have created a welfare state that subsidises workers' wages so that businesses don't need to pay the market rate, while at the same time demonizing the low-paid for receiving that state support which in reality is supporting those businesses. I tend to agree with Adam Smith and would sooner the free-market was left to itself, but the free-market's answer is to let the low-paid starve, and that's exactly what happened in the eighteenth century when Adam Smith was influencing Liberal economic thought. So given that state intervention is necessary to protect people from unbridled capitalism the most just solution is to oblige employers to pay a living wage.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Feb 26 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #351

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Feb 26 2017, 08:30 PM) *
Like blackdog says, Labour's policies are pretty popular.

Take the national living wage for example - I don't think it's moral for companies to pay their workers less then they need to live on, but successive governments have created a welfare state that subsidises workers' wages so that businesses don't need to pay the market rate, while at the same time demonizing the low-paid for receiving that state support which in reality is supporting those businesses. I tend to agree with Adam Smith and would sooner the free-market was left to itself, but the free-market's answer is to let the low-paid starve, and that's exactly what happened in the eighteenth century when Adam Smith was influencing Liberal economic thought. So given that state intervention is necessary to protect people from unbridled capitalism the most just solution is to oblige employers to pay a living wage.

Perhaps wages may have gone up without the mass influx of low paid low skilled people looking for a better life. Thomas Malthus. Supply and demand.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 27 2017, 03:12 AM
Post #352

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Feb 26 2017, 09:52 PM) *
Perhaps wages may have gone up without the mass influx of low paid low skilled people looking for a better life. Thomas Malthus. Supply and demand.

I haven't seen any careful analysis of this one, but I'd guess that's true, though economic migrants are consumers too and I'd imagine that would have a net positive contribution to jobs, though not necessarily well paid jobs.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 16 17 18
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:41 AM