> North Newbury Vision Consultation
ebalch
post Nov 12 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,297

http://www.northnewbury.co.uk/

The above website is now live for consultation on the proposed North Newbury development. After having read it, I must admit I'm not a lot wiser about what the proposal is. There are a lot of colours and random arrows overlaid on maps which don't appear to correspond to the legend. I feel as though I need a lie down. Does anybody have a clear picture of what's being proposed?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
motormad
post Nov 12 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

Already a thread about it.

http://forum.newburytoday.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2538

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Nov 12 2013, 05:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (ebalch @ Nov 12 2013, 04:42 PM) *

The above website is now live for consultation on the proposed North Newbury development. After having read it, I must admit I'm not a lot wiser about what the proposal is. There are a lot of colours and random arrows overlaid on maps which don't appear to correspond to the legend. I feel as though I need a lie down. Does anybody have a clear picture of what's being proposed?

There's not much detail yet because they're not at the detailed design stage, just the public consultation stage.

I though the survey was pretty good. I thought the tone of it was particularly good, it seemed open and engaging. I'm not aware that Sandleford had anything like that. I'm very pleased to see that they have pencilled in allotments and prompted locals to respond positively to the option.

I'm happy about it.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 13 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (ebalch @ Nov 12 2013, 04:42 PM) *

it is a webiste designed to hoodwink the folk living near to the development site into thinking that they have nothing to worry about re the imminent building of a few 100 houses on their doorstep.

+Quote Post
Gazzadp
post Nov 13 2013, 06:12 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684

Come on Newbury, the Fairhursts are obviously running low on funds! So they now want to flog off more Green Belt (and green fields) for building. So please people do not oppose these plans, it is important for the Tory supporting Fairhursts to be able live with high standards and social circles they have become accustomed to.

Wink, wink... Nudge, nudge...

Not forgetting the odd masonic handshake or two at the planning committee.

--------------------
Obnoxious possiby, VEXATIOUS definitely not.

www.notellingyou.not

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Nov 13 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Nov 12 2013, 05:41 PM) *
There's not much detail yet because they're not at the detailed design stage, just the public consultation stage.

I though the survey was pretty good. I thought the tone of it was particularly good, it seemed open and engaging. I'm not aware that Sandleford had anything like that. I'm very pleased to see that they have pencilled in allotments and prompted locals to respond positively to the option.

I'm happy about it.

They haven't pencilled in anything except profits - there is no design yet - and probably won't be for a few years. Their current aim is to convince the planner to accept these fields as development land. They will promise almost anything to get the land redesignated. Once they do they will start to chip away at all the nice things 'promised'.

Allotments? Yes we gave consultees the chance to tick a box saying they thought allotments were a good thing. However, more people thought that a hotel and pub would be a good thing so we've decide to go with the majority on this one.

I went to the consultation and was distinctly unimpressed - the young lads in suits who were representing the developers obviously didn't have a clue what was planned - and seemed just as confused as me when looking a the two maps - one showing a pubic open space at the northern end of the site and the other a housing estate in the same position. One told me that that part of the site would not be part of the initial development anyway, another told a chap I spoke to afterwards that that part of the site would be one of the first parts to be developed because it is seen as a good place to sell higher quality houses. The result of the current process is a 'masterplan' in spring 2014 - which they say will give more idea of what they propose.

I was told that this development is being put forward outside of (ie in addition to) the Local Development Framework - which was a surprise, but thinking on it can I see why - its too big to fit into the Framework so why bother jumping the hurdles necessary to be included.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 13 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

On the basis that they asked at the start, I answered! At least that must earn me the right to moan if they take no notice. It's a tactic yes, but a good one - use it at least!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
r.bartlett
post Nov 15 2013, 06:10 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,636

QUOTE (Gazzadp @ Nov 13 2013, 07:12 PM) *
Come on Newbury, the Fairhursts are obviously running low on funds! So they now want to flog off more Green Belt (and green fields) for building. So please people do not oppose these plans, it is important for the Tory supporting Fairhursts to be able live with high standards and social circles they have become accustomed to.

Wink, wink... Nudge, nudge...

Not forgetting the odd masonic handshake or two at the planning committee.

Sometimes it's best not to go near a computer after drinking too much ... blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Nov 15 2013, 10:13 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

Problem is, the ldf was such a bodge job, the Tories said it couldn't be delayed further because we needed protection against exactly this kind of development. Let's see if they stick to their word... I doubt it!!

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Nov 15 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

I suppose the answer to Q 8 could be 'green fields, trees, natural landscape'?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 PM