IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone know what's happened in Bartholomew St. this evening?
jimborae
post Aug 7 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,292

Anyone know what's happened in Bartholomew St. this evening? Cycling home at 5:45pm and just up from Banjo's in the parking bay was covered in blood with 4 policemen and an ambulance in attendance. Police had shut that side of the road to traffic but didn't look like any vehicles were involved, one officer seemed to be looking very shocked!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 8 2014, 05:18 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

Pasted below from newbury net,

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to copy this across to the NWN forum, where the question has been asked, "What was going on"

The incident was caused by a gentleman on the pavement close to the entrance to the old Phoenix Brewery who was bleeding profusely. People were rushing to assist him and I pulled into the layby opposite and dialled 999. I didn't cross the road but sat in my car in the layby talking to the emergency services until the ambulance arrived.

Facebook pages seem to indicate that the injury was sustained by the gentleman breaking a nearby shop window.

Checking the timings on my phone, the ambulance service took 5 minutes 28 seconds to arrive.

I have no idea where the emergency call centre was, but I had to repeat the location "Bartholomew Street, Newbury" several times and the operator seemed a little put out because I was unable to give her the Post Code.

Police were the first to arrive closely followed by the ambulance. Considering the time of day, I regard this as being well within acceptable targets provided by our emergency services. I just hope that they were in time to save the gentleman's life. He certainly lost a lot blood.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 8 2014, 08:13 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 8 2014, 06:18 AM) *
Pasted below from newbury net,

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to copy this across to the NWN forum, where the question has been asked, "What was going on"

The incident was caused by a gentleman on the pavement close to the entrance to the old Phoenix Brewery who was bleeding profusely. People were rushing to assist him and I pulled into the layby opposite and dialled 999. I didn't cross the road but sat in my car in the layby talking to the emergency services until the ambulance arrived.

Facebook pages seem to indicate that the injury was sustained by the gentleman breaking a nearby shop window.

Checking the timings on my phone, the ambulance service took 5 minutes 28 seconds to arrive.

I have no idea where the emergency call centre was, but I had to repeat the location "Bartholomew Street, Newbury" several times and the operator seemed a little put out because I was unable to give her the Post Code.

Police were the first to arrive closely followed by the ambulance. Considering the time of day, I regard this as being well within acceptable targets provided by our emergency services. I just hope that they were in time to save the gentleman's life. He certainly lost a lot blood.

Yes we all know the post code of every where don't we! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
gel
post Aug 8 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 8 2014, 09:13 AM) *
Yes we all know the post code of every where don't we! rolleyes.gif

Thames Water the same when trying to report a leak blink.gif

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Aug 8 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Let's just hope HRH The Duke of Cambridge...no not the pub in Cambridge Circus, has better navigational aids than
pilots of olden times.

"Find the M11. You can't miss it, turn left until there are loads of hangers on the left and turn right, follow the railway line,
nice church on the right, good pub at Hinxton.. turn right at the roundabout thingy,another good pub on the left" etc etc
ce

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 8 2014, 06:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Nothing Much @ Aug 8 2014, 03:55 PM) *
turn left until there are loads of hangers on the left

Must have been a shirt factory then... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Aug 8 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

Defeated. Best I can do is biggrin.gif
ce

+Quote Post
Claude
post Aug 12 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,574

I believe a small pane of glass in the Botan fast food restaurant and takeaway is still broken - I assume the two events were connected.

I also walked past shortly after the incident but didn't know anything of the broken glass at the time. I've never seen so much blood, I assumed it had to be a stabbing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:54 PM