Reply to this topicStart new topic
> £50 fine for burning poppies
graham
post Mar 8 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 80

The muslim man who burned poppies on armistice day got fined £50 ! and in his interview said he would do they same again.

What a total lack of respect he has for this country and for the people who lost there lives fighting for this country, why didnt he get deported, Is this the sort of thing that we are bring our children up to witness,

I am ashamed that we still allow these types of people to live in our country its plain to see what they bring into the county which is at a cost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron
post Mar 8 2011, 09:23 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 277

QUOTE (graham @ Mar 8 2011, 09:06 AM) *
The muslim man who burned poppies on armistice day got fined £50 ! and in his interview said he would do they same again.

What a total lack of respect he has for this country and for the people who lost there lives fighting for this country, why didnt he get deported, Is this the sort of thing that we are bring our children up to witness,

I am ashamed that we still allow these types of people to live in our country its plain to see what they bring into the county which is at a cost.

Probably born here!

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Mar 8 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

QUOTE (Ron @ Mar 8 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Probably born here!

You are probably right.

+Quote Post
Bofem
post Mar 8 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 924

The judge upheld his freedom to express his anger, but found he had deliberately set out to cause distress, hence the £50 fine.

Anyway, where should we 'deport' these crackpots too? Afghanistan, Libya, or Sudan. Distasteful as it may be, I'd rather he was burning some poppies than learning how to fly planes into buildings.

--------------------
Newbury's #1 ill-informed internet poster

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

This situation is all wrong and is a huge insult to every member of our armed forces and every person who has lost a relative or loved one fighting to protect this morons right to make these provocative gestures.
Not only does he insult us he is also taking £800 a month from us in benefits.
The judge was correct, however there surely there is a case of inciting a violent confrontation from those that may object in a more physical fashion.
Although this country is big on protecting individuals human rights to make such insulting gestures it is losing it's judgement on protect the sensitivities of the huge majority of the people who will have found his action totally abhorent, disgusting and unacceptable.
Unless these acts of agression from such groups are dealt with more robustly then the government should expect a backlash from the normally silent majority.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 8 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

Then become just like the intolerant countries we see on TV. The best things for a hot head is cold shoulders.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Mar 8 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

Don't forget that 140,000 volunteers from the indian subcontinent which includes modern day Pakistan and Bangladesh fought on the Western Front - on our side!

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 8 2011, 10:04 AM) *
Then become just like the intolerant countries we see on TV.

No of course not. A rather extreme conclusion to arrive at. There is miles of space between those regimes and our present day society.
The best things for a hot head is cold shoulders.

You may wish to tolerate and except this sort of behaviour, I don't think it acceptable.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 8 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

Maybe if Britain had not engaged in suppressing large swathes of the Globe, and wasn't currently engaged in oppressing large sections of it, our fellow Muslim would not feel the need to show his anger in such an inflamatory way?

Burning a poppy is merely a provocative act designed to upset Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 8 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Maybe if Britain had not engaged in suppressing large swathes of the Globe, and wasn't currently engaged in oppressing large sections of it, our fellow Muslim would not feel the need to show his anger in such an inflamatory way?

I guess it is just me that is offended by his behaviour.
Burning a poppy is merely a provocative act designed to upset Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

And a few widows and their families. But you obviously don't give a toss about them.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 8 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 8 2011, 11:03 AM) *
I guess it is just me that is offended by his behaviour.

And a few widows and their families. But you obviously don't give a toss about them.

Maybe the Muslim man lost relatives also. Collateral damage, but we need not care, they are brown, live in poverty & we'll never really know about it.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 8 2011, 11:06 AM) *
Maybe the Muslim man lost relatives also. Collateral damage, but we need not care, they are brown, live in poverty & we'll never really know about it.

That may be your opinion, but not mine and nothing I have posted will reflect that.
It amounts only to a cheap smear.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Ron
post Mar 8 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 277

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 8 2011, 11:06 AM) *

I don't know how much you have seen of the Muslim world, but I suggest you go and see how they treat one another before being concerned how we treat them!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 8 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ron @ Mar 8 2011, 11:17 AM) *
I don't know how much you have seen of the Muslim world, but I suggest you go and see how they treat one another before being concerned how we treat them!

Yep, been there thanks. What they do to each other is none of our business.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 8 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 8 2011, 11:14 AM) *
That may be your opinion, but not mine and nothing I have posted will reflect that.
It amounts only to a cheap smear.

Unless these acts of agression from such groups are dealt with more robustly then the government should expect a backlash from the normally silent majority.

Although this country is big on protecting individuals human rights to make such insulting gestures it is losing it's judgement on protect the sensitivities of the huge majority of the people who will have found his action totally abhorent, disgusting and unacceptable.

A thinly veiled threat of physical violence, yet nothing about the invasion of other countries that we are currently engaged in.
Surely invading another country on suprious grounds is abhorent, disgusting and unacceptable?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Mar 8 2011, 11:38 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

I do not think a £50 fine is enough, but these days a person commiting a crime never gets the correct sentence IMO.

I know why some muslims are against what the poppy represents, but if they don't like it, then don't live here. I find it disrespecting to our country.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2011, 11:45 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 8 2011, 11:32 AM) *

A thinly veiled threat of physical violence, yet nothing about the invasion of other countries that we are currently engaged in.

It is not a threat, it's an opinion of what could transpire.
Surely invading another country on suprious grounds is abhorent, disgusting and unacceptable?

Yes it is but to raise an objection to those events at that time and in that place , in that way was ill-conceived and cruel. It attacked innocent individual people and not the government that supports the war.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Mar 8 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Mar 8 2011, 11:45 AM) *
It is not a threat, it's an opinion of what could transpire.

Yes it is but to raise an objection to those events at that time and in that place , in that way was ill-conceived and cruel. It attacked innocent individual people and not the government that supports the war.

When you are powerless you have to sometimes do things that will upset people. He managed to get us discussing the rights & wrongs of the British & US invasion on the middle east, so all credit to him & his act.
At least no one was physically injured.

Is it any wonder when you have people acting like Raymond Davis?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Mar 8 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Mar 8 2011, 11:50 AM) *
When you are powerless you have to sometimes do things that will upset people.

The man is no less powerless than the rest of us and there are many ways to object to government policy. What he did was aimed to hurt individuals.
He managed to get us discussing the rights & wrongs of the British & US invasion on the middle east, so all credit to him & his act.

So then justifies the means in your opinion? Not a very stable platform for political debate.
At least no one was physically injured.

So that makes his action acceptable in your book?
Is it any wonder when you have people acting like Raymond Davis?

What does that have to do with the actions of the poppy burner? Are you going to expand the argument because you fail to win it defending the original event?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Mar 8 2011, 12:02 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Mar 8 2011, 11:38 AM) *
...if they don't like it, then don't live here.

This is something I can never figure out. Why do people choose to live in a country - even if they were born here - that is so abhorrent to them?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:17 PM