IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Want to represent your ward on the District or Town Council???, I want to give you the tools to do the job...
Richard Garvie
post Oct 12 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,076

I am hoping to organise a taster session for would be elected members to see what is involved in being a councillor. What West Berkshire needs now more than ever are people who have a genuine interest in fixing the mess that we find ourselves in. Although this will be run by Newbury Labour Party, I would especially love to see the independents and the guys from the greens and other party's.

Local politics should be more about the issues than the colour of your rossette, which is why we are looking to provide this event. Present will be officers from local authorities from around the country, elected representatives from other authorities at town and district level and also a couple of MP's. This event can only happen if we get enough interest, so please email me at richard.garvie@googlemail.com. I want to stress again, that even if you don't want to stand for Labour, it would be great to see you at this event.

Together, we can change West Berks for the better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 AM