> Second referendum
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 08:44 AM
Post #1221

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 14 2019, 09:41 AM) *
Do businsess people like to enter into credit agreements with people who refuse to pay their bills?

The customer has the right to query the bill if it is unreasonable or do you just pay all your bills even if you think the bill is too much?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 14 2019, 10:18 AM
Post #1222

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 09:44 AM) *
The customer has the right to query the bill if it is unreasonable or do you just pay all your bills even if you think the bill is too much?

There's a difference between a bill and a legally binding contract. Sure, you can query whether the service meets the contractual conditions, but that isn't what's happening here. It's gammon meltdown.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 14 2019, 10:41 AM
Post #1223

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 11:18 AM) *
There's a difference between a bill and a legally binding contract. Sure, you can query whether the service meets the contractual conditions, but that isn't what's happening here. It's gammon meltdown.

No contract, no legal reasons to pay. (Apparently).

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 14 2019, 11:11 AM
Post #1224

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I work for a contractor on a PFI set up. It's a nightmare because everything is grey so I understand there are many areas where we have to negotiate where we expect people to pay and areas where we will argue and come to an agreement. However when we feel our client doesn't play ball or acts unfairly, it means we put procedures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again, and we hold them to account on future payments as well. I suspect the EU and everyone else who wants a deal with us will act the same way, we will be seen as not wanting to pay our fair share.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 14 2019, 11:41 AM
Post #1225

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 14 2019, 12:11 PM) *
I work for a contractor on a PFI set up. It's a nightmare because everything is grey so I understand there are many areas where we have to negotiate where we expect people to pay and areas where we will argue and come to an agreement. However when we feel our client doesn't play ball or acts unfairly, it means we put procedures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again, and we hold them to account on future payments as well. I suspect the EU and everyone else who wants a deal with us will act the same way, we will be seen as not wanting to pay our fair share.

Or in this case, more than our fair share. I mean, we wouldn't want to short-change thesis civil servants of some of their pensions, now would we?

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 14 2019, 11:49 AM
Post #1226

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 14 2019, 12:41 PM) *
Or in this case, more than our fair share. I mean, we wouldn't want to short-change thesis civil servants of some of their pensions, now would we?

Certainly Farage isn’t giving his up.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #1227

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 12:49 PM) *
Certainly Farage isn’t giving his up.

He's trying to. But you lot won't let him.🤣🤣🤣🤣

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 14 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #1228

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

If we owe the money, legally owe, not as some part of a 'gentlemans' agreement, not that any party involved could be described as gentlemanly. Then yes it ought to be paid.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 01:06 PM
Post #1229

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 14 2019, 01:46 PM) *
If we owe the money, legally owe, not as some part of a 'gentlemans' agreement, not that any party involved could be described as gentlemanly. Then yes it ought to be paid.

I don't disagree. How much of the 39 billion is legally owed though? Why have they not told us? They must have a ball park number.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 14 2019, 01:37 PM
Post #1230

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 01:21 PM) *
He's trying to. But you lot won't let him.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nope. He's keeping his £73,000 a year pension. Total hypocrite.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 14 2019, 01:39 PM
Post #1231

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 14 2019, 01:46 PM) *

I think it's along the lines of international treaties. So we could for example withdraw from the Good Friday Agreement and no court could do anything. That's the thing with sovereign nations.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 02:01 PM
Post #1232

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 02:37 PM) *
Nope. He's keeping his £73,000 a year pension. Total hypocrite.

Good luck to him. I'm sure the EU could pass a law to stop it after we have left.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 14 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #1233

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 03:01 PM) *
Good luck to him. I'm sure the EU could pass a law to stop it after we have left.

That's the thing. It doesn't matter his hypocrisy and lies, you'll still be a fan boi. There isn't a politician alive who's hypocrisy I'd ignore.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 04:29 PM
Post #1234

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 05:16 PM) *
That's the thing. It doesn't matter his hypocrisy and lies, you'll still be a fan boi. There isn't a politician alive who's hypocrisy I'd ignore.

I'm no fan. He's just representing a lot of disenfranchised people. Oh and all politicians, with the very odd exception are Hypocrites. That's the nature of the job. Johnson, Gove, Lammy, Abbott , Bercow.
The list is endless.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 14 2019, 07:01 PM
Post #1235

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 05:29 PM) *
I'm no fan. He's just representing a lot of disenfranchised people. Oh and all politicians, with the very odd exception are Hypocrites. That's the nature of the job. Johnson, Gove, Lammy, Abbott , Bercow.
The list is endless.

There’s degrees of hypocrisy. Taking a pension from an organisation whose life’s “work” and raison d’etre it is to undermine is about as shocking as it’s possible to get for hypocrisy. So Abbott sending her son to a private school is arguably hypocrisy, but a strong argument can be put to defend it. Farage’s only defence is to make up some nonsense about them trying to take it off him.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #1236

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 08:01 PM) *
There’s degrees of hypocrisy. Taking a pension from an organisation whose life’s “work” and raison d’etre it is to undermine is about as shocking as it’s possible to get for hypocrisy. So Abbott sending her son to a private school is arguably hypocrisy, but a strong argument can be put to defend it. Farage’s only defence is to make up some nonsense about them trying to take it off him.

You just hate Farage. That's your perogative but he's no worse than the others. Me? Of all of the British politicians Corbyn is the one that sends chills down my spine. He is not only ecomically illiterate but a real danger to security. Choices fella... just choices and poor ones at that.

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Jun 14 2019, 08:02 PM
Post #1237

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 14 2019, 08:01 PM) *

Nonsense. You are confusing the European Psrliament as a commercial firm, it isn't. If it has any claim at all to being a representative democracy, then like it or not Farage had and continues to fulfil his elected role properly. A sizeable number in the UK want to exit the EU and have wanted to for many years - Farage represents them. Frankly, paying him is rather more defendable than paying a good few other of our MEPs. Ms Abbott on the other hand represents a party who have a fundamental belief in state education. Most would be hard put to find any justification for her using the private system for her children. Her actions are true hypocracy.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 14 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #1238

Advanced Member

QUOTE (The Hatter @ Jun 14 2019, 09:02 PM) *
Nonsense. You are confusing the European Psrliament as a commercial firm, it isn't. If it has any claim at all to being a representative democracy, then like it or not Farage had and continues to fulfil his elected role properly. A sizeable number in the UK want to exit the EU and have wanted to for many years - Farage represents them. Frankly, paying him is rather more defendable than paying a good few other of our MEPs. Ms Abbott on the other hand represents a party who have a fundamental belief in state education. Most would be hard put to find any justification for her using the private system for her children. Her actions are true hypocracy.

Quite. That's why Newres has it all wrong. The House of Lords? That's a REAL waste of money. Taxi to the HOL sir? Pop in for 30 secs. Sign in whilst taxi is waiting. Go home. Claim expenses. That's real fookin Hypocrites.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 14 2019, 09:44 PM
Post #1239

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

And, I'll just leave this here, don't trip over it.

The Guardian: Chuka Umunna’s self-serving hypocrisy is emblematic of our broken politics.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2...ocrat-hypocrisy

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 15 2019, 09:33 AM
Post #1240

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 14 2019, 08:09 PM) *
You just hate Farage. That's your perogative but he's no worse than the others. Me? Of all of the British politicians Corbyn is the one that sends chills down my spine. He is not only ecomically illiterate but a real danger to security. Choices fella... just choices and poor ones at that.

I can't deny that I despise Farage. But I dislike Corbyn too. You assume that because I don't like Farage I support Corbyn. Wrong.

+Quote Post

85 Pages V  « < 60 61 62 63 64 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:21 PM