Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No more new shops for Parkway (yet)
GMR
post Oct 2 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Apart from Debenhams no knew shop has signed up to trade in Newbury in the Parkway shopping centre. What shops would be good for Newbury and what wouldn't you want?

Primark has been suggested along with Wetherspoons; but many people have mixed feelings about both.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=11204
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Oct 3 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 2 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Primark has been suggested along with Witherspoons; but many people have mixed feelings about both.

Assuming you meant Wetherspoons (as I have never heard of a Witherspoons chain) I would think that these were not the targets of the SLI letting team. (too down market) I would guess that we are more likely to see the standard shops you find in most newish malls.

Shops like HMV, Dixons (under whatever shop brand they are using this week) and Next. A coffee shop or three (Costa. Starbucks etc). Who knows, if we're lucky, there may even be a couple that aren't here already.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Oct 3 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (blackdog @ Oct 3 2009, 10:56 AM) *
Assuming you meant Wetherspoons (as I have never heard of a Witherspoons chain) I would think that these were not the targets of the SLI letting team. (too down market) I would guess that we are more likely to see the standard shops you find in most newish malls.

Shops like HMV, Dixons (under whatever shop brand they are using this week) and Next. A coffee shop or three (Costa. Starbucks etc). Who knows, if we're lucky, there may even be a couple that aren't here already.

I probably was thinking of Tim Witherspoon (a boxer). Anyway I've changed it, thanks.

What would be nice if they had a toyshop for the kids. Now that Woolworths is no longer kids are going to need somewhere to buy their Dr Who merchandise and other such toys.

+Quote Post
Branston Pickle
post Oct 3 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (GMR @ Oct 2 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Apart from Debenhams no knew shop has signed up to trade in Newbury in the Parkway shopping centre. What shops would be good for Newbury and what wouldn't you want?

Primark has been suggested along with Wetherspoons; but many people have mixed feelings about both.

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=11204

I wonder if somewhere like Next might move their from the retail park? Presumably they'l also be at least one fast food outlet.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:14 AM