TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 6 2020, 08:33 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 6 2020, 06:08 AM) *
Proves the point......"the older you get, the wiser you get!" tongue.gif

Have you listened to the people that have recovered. 6 or 7 weeks later and they are still struggling. Why have we heard nothing on the possible longterm effects?? And is this really why China went all out to contain it. In a society like China losing a couple of million old folk ain't gonna cause a problem. 100 million young people inacapiciated and unable to work for a prolonged period is...🙄
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 6 2020, 10:11 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 6 2020, 06:08 AM) *
Proves the point......"the older you get, the wiser you get!" tongue.gif

The younger you are, the stupider you are.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 6 2020, 10:59 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 6 2020, 10:11 PM) *

How old is Newres?😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 7 2020, 11:54 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 6 2020, 10:11 PM) *

I think that is a given but what is of more concern is the singular lack of intelligence gained as they age. When we allow parents to ignore medical advice on infant vaccination programmes or the elderly refuse the seasonal flue jab because they choose to listen to "social media" instead of using an element of common sense, it shows how "thick" society remains irrespective of age.

Now before some clever clogs points out the obvious on viral infections one should remember that TB was eradicated in this country and now it's returned, measles the same, but through sheer ignorant stupidity we are facing a new threat which may or may not wipe out all mammals on the planet, (it is after all a zoonotic virus which means having come across from animals to humans it is just as likely to be carried around by your pet pooch). And all this is down to ignorance when we have the knowledge at our fingertips to prevent such outbreaks in the first place.

The virus itself has no such problem and is quite happy to live anywhere. dry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 8 2020, 08:40 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 7 2020, 11:54 AM) *
I think that is a given but what is of more concern is the singular lack of intelligence gained as they age. When we allow parents to ignore medical advice on infant vaccination programmes or the elderly refuse the seasonal flue jab because they choose to listen to "social media" instead of using an element of common sense, it shows how "thick" society remains irrespective of age.

Now before some clever clogs points out the obvious on viral infections one should remember that TB was eradicated in this country and now it's returned, measles the same, but through sheer ignorant stupidity we are facing a new threat which may or may not wipe out all mammals on the planet, (it is after all a zoonotic virus which means having come across from animals to humans it is just as likely to be carried around by your pet pooch). And all this is down to ignorance when we have the knowledge at our fingertips to prevent such outbreaks in the first place.

The virus itself has no such problem and is quite happy to live anywhere. dry.gif

The virus is already mutating. A second much more dangerous edition is already spreading... it won't kill the world but it will be like a Spanish flu. Was always coming.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 9 2020, 05:47 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 8 2020, 08:40 PM) *
The virus is already mutating. A second much more dangerous edition is already spreading... it won't kill the world but it will be like a Spanish flu. Was always coming.

Darned foreigners, despite exiting Europe we are still getting the little blighters arriving on our shores. On a serious note I would be interested to know why Italy is taking such a battering. No obvious reason why and it's inhabitants supposedly have a good diet, (according to my GP anyway), so I can only conclude that they live in close proximity to their elderly relatives who are more susceptible.

But of course they haven't got a prime minister to instruct on hand washing technique. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 9 2020, 06:09 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 9 2020, 05:47 PM) *
Darned foreigners, despite exiting Europe we are still getting the little blighters arriving on our shores. On a serious note I would be interested to know why Italy is taking such a battering. No obvious reason why and it's inhabitants supposedly have a good diet, (according to my GP anyway), so I can only conclude that they live in close proximity to their elderly relatives who are more susceptible.

But of course they haven't got a prime minister to instruct on hand washing technique. rolleyes.gif

Italians are very personal in interactions...kissing a lot etc. This might be partly why. On a lighter note the Germans have issued new sex instructions..

😂😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 9 2020, 06:25 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 9 2020, 06:09 PM) *
Italians are very personal in interactions...kissing a lot etc. This might be partly why. On a lighter note the Germans have issued new sex instructions..

😂😂

Brilliant!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Always rely on the Germans to take a practical position. So snogging Italians is off my revised bucket list along with my annual visit to "Helga" but my immediate problem is how do I purchase toilet rolls without running the vitriolic diatribe of my fellow shoppers?

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 9 2020, 06:42 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 9 2020, 06:25 PM) *
Brilliant!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Always rely on the Germans to take a practical position. So snogging Italians is off my revised bucket list along with my annual visit to "Helga" but my immediate problem is how do I purchase toilet rolls without running the vitriolic diatribe of my fellow shoppers?

There seem to be plenty of people ****ting themselves so I guess this is why we have a run on bog roll. Not quite sure what they expect it to do! Quite amazing..

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 9 2020, 07:56 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 9 2020, 06:42 PM) *
There seem to be plenty of people ****ting themselves so I guess this is why we have a run on bog roll. Not quite sure what they expect it to do! Quite amazing..

Maybe there is something the health authority is keeping from us? We demand to be told that having covid-19 will lead to acute and prolonged diarrhoea along with an irresistibly appetite for pot noodles. God I hate secretive governments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 10 2020, 12:43 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Called at Sainsbury's earlier and not a toilet roll in sight, even the biscuit shelves had taken a pasting. What the h**l is wrong with people? As the old adage goes "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing", well ignorance is effing lethal. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 10 2020, 07:43 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 10 2020, 12:43 PM) *
Called at Sainsbury's earlier and not a toilet roll in sight, even the biscuit shelves had taken a pasting. What the h**l is wrong with people? As the old adage goes "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing", well ignorance is effing lethal. angry.gif

Wait till they close the schools...🙄 Easter holiday coming up...coincide with that?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 11 2020, 10:24 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 10 2020, 12:43 PM) *

12000 cases in Italy. 800 deaths. So much for the 1%...gonna mutate further.. #pandemic

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 12 2020, 01:27 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

And bang, just like that, my trip to Scottsdale gets cancelled. Thanks Don.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 12 2020, 10:30 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 12 2020, 01:27 AM) *
And bang, just like that, my trip to Scottsdale gets cancelled. Thanks Don.

Shame these virus chappies aren't a little more discerning about their host. One or two "clowns" I can think of who are worthy candidates.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 12 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 12 2020, 10:30 AM) *
Shame these virus chappies aren't a little more discerning about their host. One or two "clowns" I can think of who are worthy candidates.

Went to do a little Cheltenham bet today and some bloke in the bookies was literally coughing himself to death... I literally scarpered. What's wrong with these idiots?🙄

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 12 2020, 01:14 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 12 2020, 11:56 AM) *
Went to do a little Cheltenham bet today and some bloke in the bookies was literally coughing himself to death... I literally scarpered. What's wrong with these idiots?🙄

Present virus apart anyone who has a heavy cold or flue symptoms would be acting irresponsibly by spreading it in the wider population anyway. It is not as though one is committed to venturing out in this day and age when everything can be done via a phone. Personal hygiene is the key to control, but though they wheel out viral "experts" with impunity who tell you to wash your hands after being in contact with the outside world, I have yet to hear one empathise the need to wash before venturing out.
Mind you, apparently by having a house full of toilet rolls, this fellow can can be "persuaded" to visit one's neighbour instead. Bit like reading the bible four times a day to prevent the black death in the 14th century.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 12 2020, 01:45 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Now I'm fed up. Bloody 'Murica.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 12 2020, 02:41 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 12 2020, 01:45 PM) *
Now I'm fed up. Bloody 'Murica.

So am I... so u can fly from the UK but not Schengen? Guess what's going to happen. Shed loads of infected EU citizens arriving in transit at Heathrow. Yay!

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:25 AM