IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your chance to question UKIP leader in Newbury next week, 'swivel eyes' is copming!
Andy Capp
post Feb 6 2014, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

I know someone else already has mention this but here's something to get Biker1, Tall Dark and Handsome, etc, all excited!

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2014/your-ch...wbury-next-week
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 6 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 6 2014, 11:51 AM) *
I know someone else already has mention this but here's something to get Biker1, Tall Dark and Handsome all excited!

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/2014/your-ch...wbury-next-week

Nah, left wing namby pambies!! wink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Feb 6 2014, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Feb 6 2014, 10:18 AM) *
Nah, left wing namby pambies!! wink.gif tongue.gif

LOL

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Feb 6 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

I would have thought all you anti UKIP geezers would jump at the chance to attend, if only to indulge in some face to face debating.

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 6 2014, 01:09 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Feb 6 2014, 12:26 PM) *
LOL

On a more serious note, if they ever had a chance of it, they have lost my vote ever since they made it public that they would repeal the Hunting With Dogs Legislation. angry.gif

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 6 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Feb 6 2014, 01:09 PM) *
On a more serious note, if they ever had a chance of it, they have lost my vote ever since they made it public that they would repeal the Hunting With Dogs Legislation. angry.gif

Well said Biker1, thank you for that. There is quite a lot that appeals to me in the UKIP personalities because many of them do seem to be so much less up themselves than the odious slime-bags that people the main-stream parties, and I applaud their plain old common sense everyman attitude to issues, as exemplified brilliantly by the UKIP councillor in the council-filming hoo-ha, and although the party does attract racists, xenophobes, and bigots who I wouldn't willingly share space with it's not entirely true to cast their policies as intrinsically xenophobic (although you'll understand if I sometimes do just that wink.gif ). But bloodsports and animal cruelty are issues on a whole different level for me (I voted for David Rendel on this issue alone) and like you that puts UKIP beyound the pale for me. I'm also not hugely impressed with their attitude to the Human Rights Act, but in fairness they are in practice far more supportive of the right to freedom of speech and political liberty than the other screwed-down main-stream parties, not least the repressive fib dems who are supposedly the party most supportive of our civil liberties.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
CharlieF
post Feb 6 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,706

I rather like the idea of open meetings but I would prefer to hear from the actual candidates. All of them from all parties and independents so people can get a proper idea who they are. All the usual identikit literature and 'party-line' soundbite guff is useless helping people choose who to vote for.

+Quote Post
motormad
post Feb 6 2014, 05:27 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 592

We will never find a political party who both ticks all the boxes and are in with any sort of hope of winning who are not up themselves.
But why Cameron is in place I will honestly never even know. Tosser.

--------------------
:p
Grammar: the difference between knowing your poop and knowing you're poop.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Feb 7 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Apart from their right-wing policies, there is one overarching reason I would never vote for UKIP, and that is embedded in their name.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 7 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 7 2014, 12:51 PM) *
Apart from their right-wing policies, there is one overarching reason I would never vote for UKIP, and that is embedded in their name.

Would you agree that we need to force a referendum on our continued EU membership, or should we leave that decision to our elected (by some!) representatives?

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Feb 7 2014, 11:02 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Feb 7 2014, 10:54 AM) *
Would you agree that we need to force a referendum on our continued EU membership, or should we leave that decision to our elected (by some!) representatives?

No, I don't want a referendum, and I don't see Parliament voting by itself to leave. It would be crazy and self-destructive and they know it.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 7 2014, 11:08 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 7 2014, 01:02 PM) *
No, I don't want a referendum, and I don't see Parliament voting by itself to leave. It would be crazy and self-destructive and they know it.

Maybe so, but not all are conviced of that.
Especially members of UKIP.
If a whole political party can grow to the size of UKIP over just one issue then maybe it needs to be put to the people or, if not, then at least taken further than the position of the governing political party with a free vote?

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Feb 7 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 7 2014, 10:51 AM) *

Party? wink.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
pbonnay
post Feb 8 2014, 10:42 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,791

QUOTE (JeffG @ Feb 7 2014, 11:02 AM) *

There is little support in Parliament to leave the EU because they would be voting to end all the cushy and well paid jobs that failed and/or passed over politicians can move into.

+Quote Post
Ruwan Uduwerage-...
post Feb 8 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 303

Personally I am rather looking forward to attending this event, for it will be very interesting to not only hear first hand the views of the charismatic Nigel Farage, and it is also useful to gauge the level of support that exists within the area.

I share Simon's thoughts that although "the party [Ukip] does attract racists, xenophobes, and bigots who I wouldn't willingly share space with it's not entirely true to cast their policies as intrinsically xenophobic". Many of the people that I have met who express support for Ukip are frankly 'cheesed off' with the current political party structure and feel ignored and Ukip and specifically its leader are excellent at appearing at one with whomever they are speaking to.

I do not support the mainstream political parties desire to 'out Right' Ukip, but there is a need on the part of all mainstream political parties to re-engage with the voters and demonstrate that they are worthy of the trust that the public places in them.

As for Europe, for me it is a 'no-brainer', I like French soft cheeses, and the knowledge that we have an open and free market on our doorstep for our goods and services, as well as the security factors that Europe has afforded us since WWII.

Perhaps if any of the other Forum members attend this free event we can have a chat and share notes.

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

Newbury Town Council - Councillor for Victoria Ward & Deputy Leader

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 8 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

I'm very glad you've recognised there is a need for mainstream parties to re-engage. Sadly, there is very little evidence that they will.

Insofar as Europe is concerned, I suspect that if take. To the wire, most would feel,it wise to stay in. However, and this is where the reconnection with the electorate also comes in, Europe needs putting right. Regrettably, we only have a choice between the Tory 'get out and stay out' or the LibDem 'Europe can do no wrong'. We need the 'its broke, let's fix it' option as well.

The inactivity of our EuroMPs certainly does nothing to help - when do we ever hear what they've done?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Ruwan Uduwerage-...
post Feb 8 2014, 01:47 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 303

QUOTE (On the edge @ Feb 8 2014, 01:36 PM) *
We need the 'its broke, let's fix it' option as well.

The inactivity of our EuroMPs certainly does nothing to help - when do we ever hear what they've done?

You will not hear me argue with these points, and I am pleased to say that the LibDem candidates that I am associated with share these sentiments and intent to make changes.

The reality is that the benefits of the UK remaining in Europe far outweigh the alternative, but continuous improvement is always needed in any organisation in order to enhance its efficiency, effectiveness and raise the level of service provided.

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Feb 8 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Good, very glad to hear it. I'd much rather we were arguing the toss about French government blocking free market rules than wether we should be in or out. I very much suspect I'm not alone. If we don't like some of the rules; let's try and get them changed and not just threaten to walk off the pitch every time things don't go our way.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Feb 8 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Feb 8 2014, 01:47 PM) *
You will not hear me argue with these points, and I am pleased to say that the LibDem candidates that I am associated with share these sentiments and intent to make changes.

The reality is that the benefits of the UK remaining in Europe far outweigh the alternative, but continuous improvement is always needed in any organisation in order to enhance its efficiency, effectiveness and raise the level of service provided.

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

Very fine sentiments Ruwan but may I suggest that we start small and sort out our problems for what you were actually elected for and sort out the problems with our town council first before we take on Europe? There are many problems with our town council that have been known about for years and like Europe nothing has been done and it appears to be getting worse! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Feb 8 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Feb 8 2014, 01:02 PM) *
... but there is a need on the part of all mainstream political parties to re-engage with the voters and demonstrate that they are worthy of the trust that the public places in them.

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

I will enjoy watching the flypast of flying pigs when you and the Lib=dems etc become worthy - you are certainly showing that you currently aren't

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Feb 8 2014, 01:47 PM) *
You will not hear me argue with these points, and I am pleased to say that the LibDem candidates that I am associated with share these sentiments .....

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

then why don't you overturn the vexatious label that you have attached to Simon. And before you spout the usual diarohea about needing a complaint to be made - where is the evidence of a complaint that justified the issuing of such a label?

Take ACTION or accept the label of SCUM that the general public think of you!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:57 AM